Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Just a general thought: Unbelievable how it's almost impossible to stick with one tactic for too long in '20.  At least that's what I see deep into my save with all regens. Gotta keep the AI guessing. Nice that there plenty of tactics available though. 

typically i can run the same tactic most of the season. then the last 10-15 games the AI works it out so i change slightly. usually same formation, just a different roles.

3 minutes ago, FulhamFc14 said:

Thanks, which 4231 Parisianne version do you recommend? Can you link it please? 

can't remember the download but this is the file... FM20.4.0-4231KnapPar1s-ParisienneWalkwaysSKEWWSSVOL2RDFTweak

Search the google doc for 4231 and it'll show up

On 07/08/2020 at 17:46, knap said:

@psvpingu

Should not need to change mentality with MM

Sadly this hasn't worked, losing most games 1 or 2 nil and only having about 3-4 shots a game, I think the Man marking has made it worse.

Going to switch to RDF tactic which name I forget but is top of the Mr L underdog table, these have been brilliant up until now, but with an average team in the premier league I'm getting found out.

I have made my own tactic (the flying goose) but don't want to test it on this save

@Diceman123

Lasy year I tested mulyiple seasons with no problem. This year it is more unpredictable and so far only 2 seasons.

When testing tactics using high and low reputations, the lower rep team (representing an underdog) always performed better than the high rep team. (with my teats) The theory is that the AI play more defensive against a high rep team. Is this because defensive tactics work better or the AI have adapted to your tactics or the ME adjusts your teams ability by say making your team over confident.

2 dakika önce, knap said:

@Diceman123

Lasy year I tested mulyiple seasons with no problem. This year it is more unpredictable and so far only 2 seasons.

When testing tactics using high and low reputations, the lower rep team (representing an underdog) always performed better than the high rep team. (with my teats) The theory is that the AI play more defensive against a high rep team. Is this because defensive tactics work better or the AI have adapted to your tactics or the ME adjusts your teams ability by say making your team over confident.

hello knap link please ?

My Team: Bordeaux. Can anybody explain what wrong with my team and why i have disgusting and unstable results? What tactics should I use to get my forwards to start scoring? What do I need to do to get the team to start scoring? what tactics is better to use with such a team?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/756pzn25mkbu9t8/FCB.fm/file

Open question to all...how do you deal with the mid season dip?  Do you get it?  Every season I seem to start strong (very strong in some cases) but come December my form goes off a cliff and doesnt really recover.

I have tried all the things suggested by FM Scout but cant seem to snap them out of it!  Players morale very good or better, made signings, given new contracts to top players.  Does switching tactics help even when its been working well?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Mike

@Sith Lord

There is RNG which means you can have good luck at beginning of season and then back luck to even out. However the good luck is increaing rep which means at some point the AI will turn more defensive.

The easiest way to overcome these factors is by having the best team.. I just run 5 seasons with Lpool and they can dominate the P,L but there will still be RNG from season to season.

I've been playing FM since the CM times, but never really got into tactics as much as I have this season. I've downloaded the tactic top of M L testing for a wolves save I have going. I was just wondering what kind of attributes I should prioritise across the different positions.

Thanks

On 08/08/2020 at 20:37, archerz said:

4231 parisianne has my prem league striker 34 goals so far. about 10-15 each AMC/L/R

Thanks. Tactic started well for me but just seemed to fall of a cliff in terms of results in the second half of the season, I was still dominating games but just couldn't score. 

Will look at trying to find another 4231 or 41221 from the testing league where my attacking players are all able to perform. 

@knap

finished only fifth. lost all matches to teams from the top four and almost all matches against outsiders. the team scores very little. now a new season has started and again after two wins at the start, again defeats against the leaders (without a chance)

I find that the CMs and AMs rarely have good ratings unless they score. Scrape a 7 or so with an assist perhaps but that's it. The rating system is pretty flawed tbh. GKs hardly ever get good ratings either but DMs, especially if playing as a DLP, tend to rate highly.
🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, FulhamFc14 said:

Thanks. Tactic started well for me but just seemed to fall of a cliff in terms of results in the second half of the season, I was still dominating games but just couldn't score. 

Will look at trying to find another 4231 or 41221 from the testing league where my attacking players are all able to perform. 

same thing for me really, have a few games where they just can't score. i try to have 2 squads and swap them a lot to keep form as best as possible.

On 08/08/2020 at 13:22, archerz said:

can't remember the download but this is the file... FM20.4.0-4231KnapPar1s-ParisienneWalkwaysSKEWWSSVOL2RDFTweak

Search the google doc for 4231 and it'll show up

@knapIs there a tactic that compliments this one or a tweak that you use for when you play against bigger sides/away from home?

I’ve previously used this tactic and loved how productive it is but I’ve always struggled against fellow members of the top 6 both home and away on a consistent basis.