FM19 in comparison?

Long story short, I've had brain surgery twice and my memory is crap now so it's hard for me to go reading through threads and take in information. Or even know new footballers now lol...

So my question is, how is FM19 compared to FM14-18?  I played 14 almost 1000 hours, but then the game kind of died to me apparently.  I don't remember because I have a crap memory now, but 15 I only played 600 hours, 16 I only played 200 hours, I didn't even buy 17, and 18 I just got this summer and have played 20ish hours and it's just kind of blah.

Overall I think the game has gone backwards I guess since 2013/2014... Reluctant to buy this one, but I'd not mind if its better than the last 2.  

If you could give me … a plus and a minus on the game and a rating that would be cool.  Keep it short?

Plus: it is the best and most detailed version (can be said every year).

Minus: I'm employeed in administration, and I work hard; to come home and do another hard job by playing a complicated game has no sense, so in the last 1.5 years I played 2500 hours of motorsport manager: much simpler, much more relaxing. Gone are the good old days with FM.

I would recommend to play an older version, 2001, 2005 or 2008 - just for fun. The actual touch version maybe?

Good luck with your recovery!

If it was full game now probably 7.5/10. But as a beta I have to give it 9/10 and I think I'm being harsh. I was playing 18 right up to last wednesday, and this is like a whole new game, though the changes and there are many just take getting used to.

Good luck with your recovery.

Plus - there's loads. Despite less than favourable feedback the UI is class. Training and tactics whilst overwhelming at first once you get the hang of it are really well implemented. Loads of little things like you can give feedback to players  on training and if there is more than 1 transfer offer for a player you can try and persuade him to join a certain team.  The Game seems to progress quickly enough as well.

As for minus for me 17 was the most complete version of the game ever so I'd say definitely give that a go, I have played this game since championship manager 99 and fm17 was absolutely fantastic for me. You'll get it cheaper anyway if you do try it out. On 19 it may seem very overwhelming at the start and may put you off but stick with it.

The ME is very good to look at and seems pretty well balanced for a beta.

The tactics system upgrade is big compared with the last few versions. The game runs faster too

You'll probably love or hate the introduction of even-more-micromanagement opportunities with training schedules

Appreciate it loads guys.  Sounds like it gets deeper and more complex each year.  I've played every year since CM98/99 but I don't have any now minus the ones on Steam.  My oldest is 2009.  Might re-download it for fun.

One of the things I liked about my brief time in FM18 is you could hire people to do a lot of the jobs we used to have to do.  They didn't always do great at them, but it was a lot less to do... I hate decisions.

I usually play FMT as I don't have that much time. This year, however, I'm just enjoying full FM. Things got so much more intuitive. I'm really just enjoying managing the team. It's about rotations, Dynamics, health concerns, seeing if I can manage to squeeze in a big match training before a big game, and then international injuries coming in the way. 

I can't speak for all, of course, but for me it is just night and day compared to FMT. I managed 80 hours last year, which was very low (that's both FM and FMT). Now I'm almost at 20 hours. 

Training is very intuitive. The new tactic styles great. The whole interface and UI much cleaner. Everything more accessible. Everything somehow is connected with each other. 

If you don't want to buy it at least wait for release and play the demo. 

There will always be people complaining or have other opinions but many are enjoying it greatly. 

Archived