FM 2009 released in FRANCE today!!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If shops continue to release it there's going to be a lot of unhappy people unable to play

In that case surely SI or Sega would have the decency to allow early authentication.

It looks like a french file sharing site. Some of the comments include "Fake". It's probably got a lovely little virus if you get it from here.

Unless "fake" means something else in French.

Although from other threads it might be that continental shops are releasing it early without realising the DRM restrictions.

No, it's not a file sharing site.

"jeuxvideo.com" is a famous video games website and the link in the first post lead to their forums.

"It's probably got a lovely little virus if you get it from here"

You didn't understand.

There is no file to download.

Someone bought the game in a french shop today.

They said "fake" cause they were waiting for a picture of the box to proove it.

It looks like a french file sharing site. Some of the comments include "Fake". It's probably got a lovely little virus if you get it from here.

Unless "fake" means something else in French.

Although from other threads it might be that continental shops are releasing it early without realising the DRM restrictions.

It's a forum. You can't get the game from there, it's just a guy who posted on the forum saying "I have it", and posted a pic.

All this 'early release' stuff is actually no suprise really. It happens every year and just because we cant actually play it until the 14th, doesnt and wont stop some retailers selling it early.

Have to say though, if retailers release it early, its usually by a couple of days, not a week!

Please, SI, give an official statement about this... :(

i dont understand why you have to be told so many times. the game is not officially released. you have the game, well done to you. but since you got it too early you cannot play it until the offical release date. its that simple

i dont understand why you have to be told so many times. the game is not officially released. you have the game, well done to you. but since you got it too early you cannot play it until the offical release date. its that simple

I legally bought a game for €50, and I want to play it. I've not bought it to keep it in the box for a week.

The thing is, what's the point spending time playing the game early when it needs the patch, the demo is too buggy to enjoy, chances are the full game is the same

If I came across the game early I'd delay playing it because of the upcoming update.

the only problem with that is it is full of bugs and the patch is not till the 14th the same day of release so pointless really but release dates mean bugger all in some countries and france is one of them.

I legally bought a game for €50, and I want to play it. I've not bought it to keep it in the box for a week.

ok you still dont understand. the game should not have been sold to you. a mistake was made. you cannot play it because you got it before the release date.

ok you still dont understand. the game should not have been sold to you. a mistake was made. you cannot play it because you got it before the release date.

Is that my fault? So I have to "suffer" for others -mistakes-?

Yea understand your feeling mate, but its something that cannot be helped..

If i was you i would go back to the shop, put in a very strong complaint, threaten to report them as they have sold the game illegally and you want compensation for all the stress and worry they caused you..

And you will settle for a free copy of the game.. :)

Yea understand your feeling mate, but its something that cannot be helped..

If i was you i would go back to the shop, put in a very strong complaint, threaten to report them as they have sold the game illegally and you want compensation for all the stress and worry they caused you..

And you will settle for a free copy of the game.. :)

I think it cán be helped. SI/Sega opens the activation window and there we go ;)

You should take it up with those who sold you the game. Go back to the store and ask them for an explanation as to why they sold you a game that you are not able to play until the 14th and demand an explanation. If they start acting as though they have done nothing wrong, start threatening to report them as they are illegally selling the game. At the end of the day, it's the store who are in the wrong, not SI.

no why should you get to play it when millions cant

Because they have bought the game, just birng it forward like they did last year, its hardly a problem...... Oh wait it will be because of the DRM needs activation servers to be operating, and we dont know if they CAN be brought forward

I believe some of the stores have gone early in the Benelux territory. We are aware of this and I know Miles has taken and made some calls on the situation.

do you think there might be chance we get early release in UK as result of this ?? I dont mind waiting though

Because they have bought the game, just birng it forward like they did last year, its hardly a problem...... Oh wait it will be because of the DRM needs activation servers to be operating, and we dont know if they CAN be brought forward

then take it back and get a refund for buying something they cant use

IMO the way SI/SEGA are doing it is better - if they want to enforce a set release date which is their right, I'd much rather have the game sat here a few days unplayable till release date than the alternative of stock not being sent out early enough for delivery on release date so not getting it to play till a few days later.

kleb, you already have an advantage: at 00:01 on release day, most people will finally be able to buy it from a shop...you'll already be playing it. (except for the digital download people, obviously)

Although activation doesn't start until 9AM on the 14th.

Archived