Jump to content

The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge


Recommended Posts

I have decided to become the new manager of Argentinian club "Club Atlético All Boys' (or 'All Boys' for short). View profile.

Having never managed in Argentina before, it's going to be fun learning the league structure.

I'd like to confirm that the Argentine reset date is 15 July 2019.

Anyway, back to introducing my new club. They appear to be a sleeping giant. As recently as 2011/12, they finished 5th in the Argentine Superliga. This is no mean feat as there are plenty good teams in the top tier. The most notable player to have played for this famous club was Carlos Tevez at the start of his career in Argentina.

My new club has decent facilities to start with which is nice. We also have plenty of decent prospects in the Reserves and U20 teams.

Maximiliano Salas is my best player who will hopefully have a solid career with me before inevitably moving onto bigger things.

Edited by TheRec
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really don't understand how everyone in the English leagues are getting such good youth intakes. I have played a season as scarborough athletic and survived quite comfortably, have a fairly good HoYD for the level and have improved youth recruitment and junior coaching but there was barely any talent and the current ability was 3 silver stars so a way to go before they can play in the side! Long slog I feel.

Tempted by the Bari save. Just holidaying in Italy now to have a look.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Just... wow! We got promoted from Vanarama League South by winning the playoff-finale, already in the first season! With Leatherhead!

1143566338_DulwichHamletvLeatherhead_MatchPresentation.thumb.png.9526eaa354585243da2780a594ecec5c.png

It certainly did not come easy. In the finale we met Dulwich Hamlet, a favourite FM-club of mine which I have taken to the Premier League on multiple occations in previous versions of the game. We lost both our games agains DH in the league, by 1-3 at home and 4-2 away, and I really can't believe what just happened.

Let's take a few steps back.

After using (and liking) a 523 WB-formation in FM18 I really wanted to use this again this year. The only problem was that I only had one single central defender in the whole team. So I actually ended up using a central defender, a midfielder and a striker (!) as my central defenders. I also only had one single goalkeeper, and was very lucky that I didn't get any injuries on him. Was actually very lucky with injuries through the whole season, and could almost use the same players in every match.

Couldn't wait until the youth intake. The excitement. The expectations. The hope for a intake that would really improve the team. 

Well.. it did not go as planned. Not what I had in mind, and really did not help me much for either this season nor the next to come I suspect.
1077081276_LeatherheadYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers.thumb.png.25230fcd864a8404b84ed89d964ee3b1.png

The profile of the most promising one, Conor Doyle.

I suspect that I will become dependent on the players that got me up this year, which is a bit unsettling. The most important striker, Robert "Bobby" Cullen will become 35 years old during preseason. I think I sqeezed out whatever he had left in him in the playoff-finale as he scored two goals, ending his total tally in 36 goals and 18 assists in the league. Could not have done this without him - but almost afraid to be dependent on him next season as well.

No transfers

Here is the League Table.

Really need a more promising youth intake next season...

Edited by allisiaa
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, janesy20 said:

Really don't understand how everyone in the English leagues are getting such good youth intakes. I have played a season as scarborough athletic and survived quite comfortably, have a fairly good HoYD for the level and have improved youth recruitment and junior coaching but there was barely any talent and the current ability was 3 silver stars so a way to go before they can play in the side! Long slog I feel.

Tempted by the Bari save. Just holidaying in Italy now to have a look.

I'm playing as Scarborough as well and the facilities don't even come close to some of the other sides people are playing as - Kettering for example. Facility improvements won't warrant instant improvements either, you'll only see the difference a couple of seasons down the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, janesy20 said:

Really don't understand how everyone in the English leagues are getting such good youth intakes. I have played a season as scarborough athletic and survived quite comfortably, have a fairly good HoYD for the level and have improved youth recruitment and junior coaching but there was barely any talent and the current ability was 3 silver stars so a way to go before they can play in the side! Long slog I feel.

Since I've gotten some of the good intakes, I guess I'm one of the ones you are asking! ;)

The whole reason I chose Kettering is their good starting facilities, youth coaching, and youth recruitment. I've never done the youth challenge in England before, but I have played there from the bottom. One of the issues there is the lack of money available for improvements, and even though I kind of like the long slow grind up the leagues, doing so without improvements or talented youth will be a bit too slow, even for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 12 Stunden schrieb janesy20:

Really don't understand how everyone in the English leagues are getting such good youth intakes. I have played a season as scarborough athletic and survived quite comfortably, have a fairly good HoYD for the level and have improved youth recruitment and junior coaching but there was barely any talent and the current ability was 3 silver stars so a way to go before they can play in the side! Long slog I feel.

Tempted by the Bari save. Just holidaying in Italy now to have a look.

That is a very fair point, i played this challange every year without posting here on the forums because i just holiday the first 2-3-4 seasons because of lack of players available from the start.

The first 1-2 years the intakes are very strong usually then it rapidly declines and the intakes in the years 3-4-5-6 are usually utterly useless.
Seeing some people post here every year 5* intakes in England makes me always wonder, I even picked the same teams and the results are completly different, I must be doing something wrong.

That being said, this challange is usually very easy in Germany/France/Portugal, since you start kind of high (2-3 division) the intake every year is mental and you dominate the country within couple years in.
My best so far in England was with "Kings Lynn" back in 2017 I think I promoted into the premier league and every year got crushed and back demoted, I stopped playing at that point.

Gonna try this year too I guess :-)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And speaking of France, I've taken over as the manager of FC Bastia-Borgo, a relatively new team founded in 2017, due to a merger of 2 other teams on the fair isle of Corsica.

Profile

Facilities - do leave something to be desired, having a tiny 1500 seater stadium may affect match day income somewhat

Finances - Lots of red in my near future by the looks of it

Senior Squad - The main concern I can see with the squad is that the defence is relatively old, and not much available in terms of wide defensive players either, may play around with a flat 3 in the centre, and given that the team is midfield heavy, some version of a 3-6-1 seems likely.

Youth Squad - Lacks depth would be an understatement, with just a solitary 15 year old in the U19 squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scarborough Athletic

Season 1 Review - 2019/20

Table |-| Squad |-| Transfers |-| Finances |-| Season History

Overall, a promising season. Being the ninth best team in terms of conceding goals helped, especially because we were the fourth worst when it came to finding the back of the net. If we were more prolific, we would've certainly been pushing for a top ten place but I definitely can't complain at a solid 15th placed finish with 51 points.

As I primarily focused on the league, both the FA Cup and FA Trophy took a back seat in terms of squad selection and rotation. We still came out fighting though, reaching the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup and 3rd Round of the FA Trophy.

A few of the players who I thought would be leaving because they didn't want to renew their contracts ended up staying on rolling contracts which helped us massively - Will Annan being the main player to keep us afloat.

 

We're also having to rent out another stadium because our current stadium does not meet the league's requirements - thankfully the bank balance is good enough to cover this.

Youth Intake |-| Jeff Stubbins 20a |-| John Shires 20b |-| Pat Fitzpatrick 20c

Our Youth Intake shows a lot of promise if these players can develop on part time contracts, however none of them are truly up to the scratch of first team football and only ended up with a handful of minutes between them. Hopefully they feature more next season, which may be down to my hand being forced rather than choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kettering - Vanarama National League North

Predicted: 20th

Actual finish: 8th

 

We started the season better than the first season, but had than a terrible run in October and November, only winning 1 single game during those 2 months. After the first half of the season we were in 18th place again battlin against relegation. At that moment I feared the second season syndrome, but suddenly without any tactical change the team played some incredible football. The second half of the season, we were the best team in the league. With 4 games to play we were 7 points and 3 places behind the last play-off position. With 1 game to go we were on equal points with Solihill Moors and Southport. At that point Solihill was in the last play-off place, and a win would be enough for them as they had a much better goal difference than Soutport and us. We could only hope that both of those teams would fail on the last day of the competition. We did our job winning 5-2 on  the last day, and Solihill lost at home, but Southport scored the winning goal 5 minutes before the end of the game and gained the last play-off position. We fibished the season in 8th postion with 67 points. All the other seasons in North or South this would be enough to be in the play-offs. I won the manager of the year, so I'm very proud of our achievements this season.

All in all this was a great season, and I hope we can build on this second half of the season, and be in a play-off battle again next season.

 

Games 1

Games 2

FA cup: Again failed in the 4th qualification round

FA Throphy: was not important, we lost our first game.

 

Transfers: None

 

Youth intake: Again a very good one

Tom Walton (YP2a): ST, very good player for this level. Straight into the starting 11. Scored allready 5 goals including a hattrck in the last game of the season.

Sam Kirk (YP2b): MC, played already 2 games and was twice the best player of the game althought he got a straight red card in his 2nd game.

Simon Alkydiz (YP2c): AMR, need to develop before he can play in the first team. Already capped at the U19 of Turkye, so I think he has some potential.

Phil Lewis (YP2d): DR, probably will get some time in the first team as I only have 1 natural DR beside him.

 

Finances: again improved our finances this season. So I could upgrade twice our junior coaching budget and once our youth recruitement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

KetteringTFC.png

Youth intake 2024

We just had our newest youth intake and had a lot of good young players come through.

fhebkhv.png

The one I'm most excited about is probably Romaine Scott 24d. A very good midfielder who I expect will be part of the main team soon.

Vrw5mxj.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Padders said:

So bad at this game

Will have to start again later

 

20181103144254_1.thumb.jpg.e1cad9eaace813b95374907c476b1f89.jpg

Don't worry too much. You are not the first to go down without a trace with South Shields FC:rolleyes::)

Better luck with your next attempt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, XaW said:

KetteringTFC.png

Youth intake 2024

We just had our newest youth intake and had a lot of good young players come through.

fhebkhv.png

The one I'm most excited about is probably Romaine Scott 24d. A very good midfielder who I expect will be part of the main team soon.

Vrw5mxj.png

Wow, very nice intake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damned takeover talks going on for over 4 months now! Not being able to speak to the board about anything. Would really like to make Leatherhead a professional club now that we are in Vanarama National League, and since I cannot speak to them I also have no chance of improving the facilities, improving the youth intake...

On the plus side: The damn board have not met a single request of mine so far, so I guess it's a good thing after all. 

But we all know it too well.. after what looks to be a half year (or more?) it will probably still get stranded for no other reason than bugging the hell out of me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

XaW - Kettering Town - 2023/24

KetteringTFC.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Two good solid season, and I hoped this season were the one where we could push for a top half position and solidify ourselves as a good team in this division. What happened? Well, I were wrong, very very wrong! The season started ok though, but we struggled to find any consistency at all. I don't quite know why we are playing poorer than the last seasons, but we really don't play very good. As the months went it were soon clear we were in for a relegation battle this season. Going into winter and spring we had a horrible run and struggled to pick up much points. With 4 games left we were just into the relegation zone and the battle to avoid going down were real!

aEjoec5.png

We lost to Chester, but managed to win against Chesham and Halifax, but Grimsby had a couple of wins as well. Going into the final match we were above them on 1 better goal difference. So as long as we did the same or better than Grimsby we would stay up. The start were very promising. After 15 minutes we were still at 0-0, but Grimsby were down 1-2. The we had some disastrous minutes were we first conceded, then got a red card, and another goal against on the free kick that lead to the dismissal. Just after half time we conceded a 3rd goal, and were down at that point. Things looked grim, and we didn't have any hope of scoring with one man less on the pitch so the game ended with a 0-3 loss. It was then I noticed it, Grimsby had conceded a 3rd themselves, so we finished on the same point total, and the same goal difference! As it turns out, we had more scored goals than them, and that was the tie breaker! We stayed up on more goals scored!

In the FA Cup we lost in the 1st round to Scunthorpe. In the FA Trophy we also got knocked out in the first round, this time to Darlington after a replay.

We had a pretty good youth intake. I'm very excited about Romaine Scott 24d.

Season	|       League	             | Position |   FA Cup      |   Europe	|   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   National League North    |   9th	 |  1st round    |   N/A	|   Just of playoffs
2020/21	|   National League North    |   1st	 |  4th qual     |   N/A	|   Promoted as champions
2021/22	|   National League          |  16th	 |  1st round    |   N/A	|   Survived
2022/23 |   National League          |  14th     |  4th round    |   N/A        |   Mid-table, good cup run
2023/24 |   National League          |  20th     |  1st round    |   N/A        |   Almost relegated
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, XaW said:

Grimsby had conceded a 3rd themselves, so we finished on the same point total, and the same goal difference! As it turns out, we had more scored goals than them, and that was the tie breaker! We stayed up on more goals scored!

Wow. How important was those extra goals.. What a difference between staying up and going down!

Link to post
Share on other sites

zW6KgEF.png

Youth Intake 2025

With the amount of youth intakes I've done, it's only a matter of time before we got something special like this oneMikko Juura (07a) is incredible and walks into the club as possibly our best player.  Don;t need to explain much if you look at those stats. Only negative is that I doubt we'll have him for longer than a couple of years. Nico Rasimus (07b) is overshadowed but also a decent player with a good personality at a position we need. Anssi Lepistö (07c) is also a defender who may develop, we'll see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

F.C._Barreirense_logo.png

Barreirense

1st season

Manager  Facilities  Finances  Transfers

Review: With five teams going down out of an 18 team league, relegation was always lurking and we sat there for a while before the team decided they didn't like it. It was a hard slog early on, most of the first team were over 30 with quite bad personalities. So I promoted what youth looked even the slightest bit viable, then not being able to play them all because of home grown rules made the early fixtures a problem, they had not been at the club long enough!

But as soon as they were all available and playing, we started winning (with a bit of a tactical change) working our way out of the relegation zone, reaching the lofty heights of 12th position where we stayed. All in all, I was pretty happy with the way things turned out.

My board have always agreed to grant me coaching license courses in which I did 2 and as I start the second season they have enthusiastically signed me up for another one.

Promoted standout youth: 

Fabio Pereira 1b - This was the fella that by the time pre-season was done and dusted, had become a 3 star player. Clubs in the second division were offering astronomical sums of $0 as a transfer, so I had to tie him down quickly before the board accepted one of these inflated offers, he signed to a 4 year contract with the promise to start him from the bench, he started every game he could so he was quite the happy fellow. He got injured early on in the season making it hard for the team, but once back ended up winning club youth player of the season.

Paulo Cardoso 1a - Ended up doing pretty well after a shaky initial start to his career, he only got jaded once which was also a bonus. He was also getting amazing $0 transfer offers from second division clubs, so same again he signed a 4 yr contract.

Ruben Gomes 1c - Couldn't hit a barn door if it swung at him first, I kept playing him though to the frustration of the fans, in the end he was scoring hat-tricks which was nice, I'm hoping he has a good season next year so I can get rid of our older strikers who are a bit hot and cold, let's not mention their personalities.

Youth Intake: I'm sorry I forgot to take a screenshot, so this is the youth team, the bad personalities were already there, so the others were signed from the youth intake. It was certainly a good one and quite a few have already played first team, in the last 2 games I put as many as I could as starters (home grown status my bane again here) as we were safe from relegation, which ended up as a 6-3 loss and a 2-2 draw respectively. They aren't ready to start, but against the protestations of the fans, a lot will.

Other: I think we will be in for a world of hurt again next year, but if some youth can play and start to develop, I might be able to get rid of some dire personalities in the first team and things could look rosey for season three.

 

Edited by chocolatecoatedballs
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, XaW said:

XaW - Kettering Town - 2023/24

KetteringTFC.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Two good solid season, and I hoped this season were the one where we could push for a top half position and solidify ourselves as a good team in this division. What happened? Well, I were wrong, very very wrong! The season started ok though, but we struggled to find any consistency at all. I don't quite know why we are playing poorer than the last seasons, but we really don't play very good. As the months went it were soon clear we were in for a relegation battle this season. Going into winter and spring we had a horrible run and struggled to pick up much points. With 4 games left we were just into the relegation zone and the battle to avoid going down were real!

aEjoec5.png

We lost to Chester, but managed to win against Chesham and Halifax, but Grimsby had a couple of wins as well. Going into the final match we were above them on 1 better goal difference. So as long as we did the same or better than Grimsby we would stay up. The start were very promising. After 15 minutes we were still at 0-0, but Grimsby were down 1-2. The we had some disastrous minutes were we first conceded, then got a red card, and another goal against on the free kick that lead to the dismissal. Just after half time we conceded a 3rd goal, and were down at that point. Things looked grim, and we didn't have any hope of scoring with one man less on the pitch so the game ended with a 0-3 loss. It was then I noticed it, Grimsby had conceded a 3rd themselves, so we finished on the same point total, and the same goal difference! As it turns out, we had more scored goals than them, and that was the tie breaker! We stayed up on more goals scored!

In the FA Cup we lost in the 1st round to Scunthorpe. In the FA Trophy we also got knocked out in the first round, this time to Darlington after a replay.

We had a pretty good youth intake. I'm very excited about Romaine Scott 24d.


Season	|       League	             | Position |   FA Cup      |   Europe	|   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   National League North    |   9th	 |  1st round    |   N/A	|   Just of playoffs
2020/21	|   National League North    |   1st	 |  4th qual     |   N/A	|   Promoted as champions
2021/22	|   National League          |  16th	 |  1st round    |   N/A	|   Survived
2022/23 |   National League          |  14th     |  4th round    |   N/A        |   Mid-table, good cup run
2023/24 |   National League          |  20th     |  1st round    |   N/A        |   Almost relegated

Good job staying up, but I think it was too close. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sacked!

After cementing my place in the 24.spot in Vanarama National League with Leatherhead, the new chairman seemed to think it was time for a change. What did they expect after we got promoted against all odds?

 

Well.. perhaps they expected us to sign a few players to help the team out, but not this manager, no! I might have failed to mention that I would never make a single signing when I first had my interview for the job...

 

My biggest apology goes to the one and only Bobby who proved me wrong and showed everyone that at 35 years, with legs mostly gone, you can still score 18 goals and have 13 assists.

Will see what the future brings, but my days at Leatherhead are sadly over. Will probably start a new save with a different team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, allisiaa said:

Sacked!

After cementing my place in the 24.spot in Vanarama National League with Leatherhead, the new chairman seemed to think it was time for a change. What did they expect after we got promoted against all odds?

 

Well.. perhaps they expected us to sign a few players to help the team out, but not this manager, no! I might have failed to mention that I would never make a single signing when I first had my interview for the job...

 

My biggest apology goes to the one and only Bobby who proved me wrong and showed everyone that at 35 years, with legs mostly gone, you can still score 18 goals and have 13 assists.

Will see what the future brings, but my days at Leatherhead are sadly over. Will probably start a new save with a different team.

Though luck, like Icarus you rose two fast towards the sun.

Best of luck next try.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 4th season, always toiling to scrap every penny, all in for the cup games, letting players go to use cheaper and more determined with less ability but more potential and fighting against the drop finally the road to salvation opened up before me:

YouthFacilities.thumb.png.bab55156bf2a32769c4991789156e466.png

Let's hope it gets build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Well that didn't go well :(

Not really a shock when you see our form.

Not helped by the side only having 2 CBs (youngest of which was 35!) only 1 player able to play left back, 2 16 year RBs and 2 teenage keepers that would struggle to catch a cold let alone a football! Not sure what t do now though :( 

Welcome to the sacking club, I am the last member to join before you...

My plan is to keep reloading until the first team in England with a team reputation of 1850 (using the dafuge-OP) or less gets promoted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, allisiaa said:

Wow. How important was those extra goals.. What a difference between staying up and going down!

I think it kept me my job as well! The board are pleased we stayed up, but nothing more either...

11 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Mikko Juura (07a) is incredible and walks into the club as possibly our best player.

Holy **** what a player! :eek: Give him a lifetime contract ASAP!

2 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

Good job staying up, but I think it was too close. ;)

Yeah, I thought I were down when the final whistle went, and I didn't notice that Grimsby had conceded another goal before I left the match. Hopefully next year will be better. Though I have lost my best defender, and my goalkeeper seems to be lost. Both down to not wanting to sign contracts...

@darren1983 & @allisiaa: Sorry to see you sacked! Good luck in your next attempts!

@chocolatecoatedballs: A good season there. Avoiding relegation is always a good first season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is gone...

5Vl1Aay.png

He wouldn't talk contract, so he left on a free, no compensation or anything...

And we also lost our best goalkeeper.

0ZmkUka.png

He were leaving on a free (compensation of £11k...), but some teams made a bid so I at least negotiated a bit for future fees.

3PN0hfJ.png

50% of next transfer is the one I hope will kick in with some big money.

Edited by XaW
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, allisiaa said:

My plan is to keep reloading until the first team in England with a team reputation of 1850 (using the dafuge-OP) or less gets promoted.

Well, after almost 2 hours of reloading this simply would'nt happen. However, when Buxton showed up it was something that immediately seemed right for some reason. 

So, I'm giving this another go. Here is the Profile Buxton. (removed name).

After renewing most contracts I find myself potentially losing one of the best players at the club before I have even started the save. 

Diego de Girolamo won't renew his contract, and is now on a month to month deal after his contract expired. Will be devestating to lose a player of this calibre. Where is the "bribe" and "sweet talk"-buttons??

Edited by allisiaa
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if anybody has had issues with upgrading junior coaching?  In the past it has always been a relatively simple upgrade to get your board to agree on if you have money.  This year I haven't been able to upgrade it at all despite having money. The board don't even let me plead my case. It's at average already, so I assume it's too expensive to upgrade further even though I have 250k in the bank. It's just odd I haven't been able to upgrade it at all despite the board allowing me to improve youth facilities this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

I'm wondering if anybody has had issues with upgrading junior coaching?  In the past it has always been a relatively simple upgrade to get your board to agree on if you have money.  This year I haven't been able to upgrade it at all despite having money. The board don't even let me plead my case. It's at average already, so I assume it's too expensive to upgrade further even though I have 250k in the bank. It's just odd I haven't been able to upgrade it at all despite the board allowing me to improve youth facilities this year.

Only in my third season I got it, seen people that get it multiple times on their first save, I think it may be board based.

I had even more money than that and it took me three years to get from basic to average.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

I'm wondering if anybody has had issues with upgrading junior coaching?  In the past it has always been a relatively simple upgrade to get your board to agree on if you have money.  This year I haven't been able to upgrade it at all despite having money. The board don't even let me plead my case. It's at average already, so I assume it's too expensive to upgrade further even though I have 250k in the bank. It's just odd I haven't been able to upgrade it at all despite the board allowing me to improve youth facilities this year.

I got things approved after about 5-6 months in my first season. I think it depends on the board and of course finances and such.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was ready to fight hard against the league leader, then this happens:

20181104175548_1.thumb.jpg.af2e8eaf14f1be48e6de5a1362f0b27d.jpg

Season going well so far, just confused by those new training mechanics. Players seems to regress. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theBlackPrince said:

I'm very very tempted too....

I have started yesterday and already into 10 games of the second season. It is super fun, though I cannot say I am happy with the quality of wingers. Around April, we have started to play a vertical tiki-tia with a 4-4-2 diamond narrow and things are going quite fine: Seven wins and three draws in ten games this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shogoki said:

I have started yesterday and already into 10 games of the second season. It is super fun, though I cannot say I am happy with the quality of wingers. Around April, we have started to play a vertical tiki-tia with a 4-4-2 diamond narrow and things are going quite fine: Seven wins and three draws in ten games this season.

Always a fun challenge to play. Do many of the youth prospects come from San Marino in first intake?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2018 at 11:38, Pancakes said:

I'm playing as Scarborough as well and the facilities don't even come close to some of the other sides people are playing as - Kettering for example. Facility improvements won't warrant instant improvements either, you'll only see the difference a couple of seasons down the line.

I've switched Head of Youth to see if that makes any difference, just starting second season now. A few of the CA and PAs have changed a little bit, originally only had one 5* potential but now have two which is better. Some of the players also jumped from like 2 silver stars to 1 gold star CA overnight so a bit better, tjhat could also be down to the ability of the Assistant Manager to judge these plus once safe the last 6 games I played them in all games and subsequently lost 6 on the bounce :lol:.

The good thing about Scarborough is they don't lose money at present and once you lose Coulson and Annan who are top earners you will probably make even more. My balance is £260k going into the second season and I will lose Annan and Coulson at the end of the season so really need some very good youth players coming through this time round.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...