The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge

image.jpeg.6695b6c8abc6786c64ae8c5ea12c5f60.jpeg

Alta de Lisboa - Season 3 - 2021/22

Competitions

Well the season proved as hard as I expected it to be and it was always extremely close. We started well with 7 points in our first 4 games and then reality hit and we picked up just 6 points in the next 4 months. A new year run of 5 games unbeaten (2W, 3D) helped us gain a few points over the bottom two and we somewhat fell over the line to survive relegation and finish 15th.

We struggled for goals this year with the aging Sebastien scoring just 5 in the league, we don't really have an up and coming replacement for him either as he retires this summer. We will be splitting time between Mario Oliveira and Goncalo Filipe hoping that one of them or the young Sandro Veloso can develop enough to lead the line for us.

The cup was fine until we met top flight opposition in the 3rd round and the new league cup competition proved to be just one more friendly preseason match as we failed to progress past the first phase.

All in all, the season was an achievement of consolidation and next year will be the same. Until we can grow and hold onto our talent, the slog continues!

Squad - Squad 2 - Squad 3

Stats - Stats 2 - Stats 3

Youth Intake

Looks like a good crop of youngsters again, will be interested to see how they develop.

Gaspar 22c - should go straight into the team with our midfield losses. Who doesn't love a player who is so good he only has one name?

Paulo Silva 22d - will be trying to retrain him as a CD as I don't use a CDM. I've never really paid attention but I'd have thought players should still be growing at age 15 so would like him to gain some height.

Paulo Silva 22f - not going to get confusing at all but I finally got my promising RD!

Transfers

So we've lost four of our top 6 players to pre-contract deals. Both of our centre backs and two of our three central midfielders. They will be very hard to replace and next year is going to be tough. I had to fight to keep the other central midfielder and Tiago Correira too!

Transfers - Future Transfers

Summary

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bilderesultat for real jaen club de futbol

Real Jean FC

Season Summary 2033-2034

After a really good season last year, we managed to follow up in the league this year, finishing 3rd. Europe was more dissapointing, and we got knocked out in the group stage. That would have been fair enough in a really tough group, but facing Inter, Benfica and Spartak Moscow, we should have done better. 

We are doing well against top teams overall, but we are struggling to win our "average" league games comfortably. Of course, that has to do with our lack of quality, so not a big mystery really! 

We went on to the quarter final in the Europa League, and got knocked out by Juventus. 

Our youth department is doing really well and that gives me hope for the future! Next season I think will be more of the same, we dont really have any major talents coming up this summer I think and we will have to work with that we got. We do have to promote a central defender though, since our long serving central defender Eugenio wants to move on. He has been our 3rd choice central defender and that is a gap I need to fill. 

123.thumb.jpg.9d2d3c3e84b50a21dbbcc315394e6550.jpg124.thumb.jpg.82ea578b50546e697019aec839388906.jpg125.thumb.jpg.e9307656fc94512274e38f4d2bbd4f5d.jpg

126.thumb.jpg.cc033c347752d6649a3b68c15b7d049b.jpg127.thumb.jpg.61d44c3d052c2d1e447f710712fe4736.jpg128.thumb.jpg.d8c287d606f798969b97ae4e6b5c6ede.jpg

Season	|   League                   |  Position |  Copa Del Rey |          Europe         |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   Segunda Division B       |  9th      |  2ns round    |         N/A	           |   Okay start up season
2020/21	|   Segunda Division B       |  2nd      |  3rd round    |         N/A	           |   Promoted through play off
2021/22	|   La Liga 123              |  7th      |  3rd round    |         N/A	           |   Promoted through play off, back-to-back
2022/23	|   La Liga                  |  10th     |  2nd round    |         N/A	           |   Great first season, finishing mid table
2023/24	|   La Liga                  |  14th     |  2nd round    |         N/A	           |   No progress to speak of, managed to get worse
2024/25	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  5th round    |         N/A	           |   Solid season, finished 8th
2025/26	|   La Liga                  |  11th     |  4th round    |         N/A	           |   Decent season, good club progress if not so much on the pitch
2026/27	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  4th round    |         N/A	           |   Amazing year, predicted 20th, finished 4th! 
2027/28	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  5th round    |      Group Stage        |   Pretty good year, tough start to CL
2028/29	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  4th round    |         N/A             |   Decent progress, but unconsistent
2029/30	|   La Liga                  |  7th      |  4th round    |         N/A             |   A return to Europe! 
2030/31	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  4th round    |  EL knock out 2nd round |   Great year, finsihed 4th
2031/32	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  Qtr-final    |  CL knock out 1st round |   Another great year, great run in CL
2032/33	|   La Liga                  |  2nd      |  5th round    |     Group Stage CL      |   Great season in La Liga, runners up
2033/34	|   La Liga                  |  3rd      |  5th round    |     Group Stage CL      |   Good league season, dissapointing CL run

Logo.thumb.jpeg.4524d1709b841c3ebe819bd5f7718c8f.jpeg

IK VIRGO SEASON 1 2020

DIV 2 NG, SWEDEN

League We came 10th, and i'm quite happy with that. We hade som really bad runs with our results but one good streak with 3 wins and 2 draws was enough. We hade big problems with late goals against us. Think we made 4 or 5 own goals and 3 of them were in the last 10 minutes. With them lost points some placements above were in reach but overall we deserved to fight in the bottom of the league.

Squad shows our biggest problem, goal scoring. We had some goalscorers but the inconsistency with them were our biggest problem. Might need some tactial tweaking to next season. With no transfers made, hopefully we can keep the squad til next year. Some are starting to get really old but hoping they will carry on. 

Youth intake, we got some potential and hopefully some of them can help out in the senior squad. Oskar Wistrand was promoted to the seniors right away and scored some important goals including a hattrick in the win against Gauthiod in our last win for the season. Mostly we need the youth to fill out the squad at the moment. 

Finances went down a bit during the season and the board does not want to improve our facilities at the moment. Despite that we managed to uppgrade our youth recruitment from limited to basic.

Excel.thumb.png.2b0ba2c120095d5209bfc38cebd683f7.png

image.png.f217115ba83719039d4f29c47233bcaa.png

Bari Season 8 update

Serie A

For anyone following my posts, you'll be aware that we have finished 5th in all 3 of our Serie A seasons. In each of the last two, we have thrown away a Champions League place on the final day/ days of the season. This season started much the same as the previous 3, with some very solid form. After 10 games, I was very happy, but after half the season I was starting to think we might be able to push beyond Champions League qualification as we had won 6 out of the previous 9. Only a 3-0 defeat to Napoli was preventing us from being top at the half way point.

After 32 games, a 3-0 win against Milan and Atalanta dropping points at home to Lazio sent us top, 11 points clear of 5th place (at this point I was still convinced our usually inconsistency would strike). 

We won our second to last game 2-0 away at Cagliari and both Napoli and Atalanta again dropped points, leaving the table looking like this. We headed into our final game against Bologna at home knowing a draw would be enough for our first Serie A title. We had beaten Napoli 3-0 in the reverse fixture so essentially it would come down to goal difference if we lost and Napoli won. Our final game was on a Saturday due to our impending Europa League final (more about that soon) so we would know whether we were relying on Napoli dropping points or not.

As you can see, the game against Bologna did not go to plan. Our best player got sent off 29 minutes in and we then conceded shortly after. We fluked a deflected equaliser and Bologna then somehow missed 3 or 4 clear cut chances. Incredibly nerve racking, BUT we are CHAMPIONS!

As a result we won a number of accolades.

Goal of the year

Manager of the year

Player of the year (second time in his career)

Overall, this is a brilliant achievement. I have been extremely lucky with the quality of my intakes and the quality of opposition in the last couple of years has been extremely poor (Atalanta won with 71 points last year). I am the next part of the challenge to be much harder, but we will play in the Champions League next season for the first time so we will see how it goes!

Italian Cup and Europa League

I said this season I wanted to win a trophy, I just did not realise it would be Serie A. In the Italian Cup, we made the semi finals again, but another red card cost us a first leg lead. Europe League wise, a few memorable results helped us to the final. We beat United 4-0 to top the group, we beat Valencia on away goals and then knocked out Lyon. Next was Zenit, a much easier 5-0 aggregate win. Drawn against Arsenal in the semis, I thought we would go out. We drew 2-2 away and then won 2-0 at home to send us into the final against Atalanta. 

And we won that as well!!

Squad development and other thoughts

Screenshots from the squad, 1 and 2.  Youth prospects 1 and 2.

I'm very happy with the development of my players. I have more quality across the squad now and some standout players. Favot at CB is short, but very quick and effective. Boakye is only contracted until 2029 and seems uninterested in resigning but hopefully that will change as his goals this season have been a key reason for our success. Tortora is another big success, with our other previously lead striker Parlato suffering a huge dry spell this season. Prospects wise, Dibenedetto and Locatelli have made the most impact.

Youth intake was solid, with the two best offering me more depth in the years to come. 

8 year into this challenge I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The club now has incredible facilities and coaches, something I've always paid attention to but not in as much detail. This, coupled with having to play many young players has led to phenomenal development of players which is an aspect I've always enjoyed but never usually spend as much time focused on. I am hoping to get at least 1 or 2 players to 1000 club appearances before I end this challenge.

Next season:

The challenge is to retain the league and make an impression in the Champions League! 

Club information below:

Season League Finish Finances Youth facilities Training facilities Youth recruitment Junior coaching Top scorer Top assists
1 Serie C 1st £2.8 million Average Average Above average Average Simeri (23) Bollini (11)
2 Serie B 7th (lost in play off semis) £2.4 million Good Good Established Adequate Simeri (11) Ottalenghi (7)
3 Serie B 9th £2.95 million Good Great Established Exceptional Simeri (7) Paba 21D (7)
4 Serie B 2nd (promoted) £7 million Great Great Established Exceptional Rossi (11) Margagliotti 20C (9)
5 Serie A 5th (qualified for Euro Cup) £30 million Great Excellent Extensive Exceptional Parlato (11) Margagliotti 20C (8)
6 Serie A 5th (qualified for Euro Cup) £72 million Excellent Superb Extensive Exceptional Parlato (20) Parise, Margagliotti and Bernardini (8)
7 Serie A 5th (qualified for Euro Cup) £101 million Superb  State of the art Extensive Exceptional Parlato (16) Margagliotti (11)
8 Serie A 1st!! £136 million State of the art State of the art Extensive Exceptional Tortora (21) Troiano (12)

@3rik hopefully Wikstrand can keep that scoring rate going into next season for you! A solid first season with plenty to build on.

@Jaketomsett Congratulations! Well done on the league and Europa League double, good luck in the CL next season too!

PÃÃÃÃÃécsi Mecsek Futball Club

Pécsi Mecsek Futball Club - Season 2025/26

League table

Another second place behind Vidi, and we were leading with three games to go so it's mostly a disappointing result. However, it gave us a Champions League place so can be considered a success.

Magyar Cup

Of course, with 9 top division teams to be drawn into 8 pairs we should get Vidi. And we still were close to defeat them with mostly a reserve squad but two late goals put them through.

Europa League (qualifiers and group)

Reached the group stage once again and got a revenge over AZ for the last season loss. Then we could easily qualify with a game in hand but somehow managed to lose against Anderlecht who had no shots on target until 88th minute (and that strange last minute VAR penalty I mentioned before appeared in this game) and so had to get at least a point in Krasnodar. We were 0-2 behind but scored two within a minute and finished second.

4ByJFBQ.png

Once again a Dutch team in this stage. The first game should have been ended in our favor but poor finishing (including a missed penalty) prevented us from scoring more, and Feyenoord got a winning goal from a corner. A poor result before a return leg in Rotterdam, however we took this game to the extra time! Second yellow card for Laszlo Kovacs and another VAR penalty (FM engine again made me guess what really happened there) could end our journey but we went all out attack and on 120th minute Zsolt Horvath scored the decisive goal! 

9jZyxdb.png

Bordeaux took the lead in the first game, we equalized and I actually was happy with a draw but Szilard Kalman wasn't and scored in the last attack! Then we secured a draw in France, a great result as we reach the quarter final!

qr19yzX.png

Obviously we didn't have any chances on aggregate but could get a draw at home, damn VAR cancelled our penalty this time :mad:

Youth intake

Szucs 26a | Kutyancsanin 26b | Berdo 26c | Kovacs 26d | Nemeth 26e | Kulcsar 26f | Varga 26g

Back to golden generations :D And finally we got a really promising left-back, hope next time there will be one for the right as well, currently it's the most concerning position as Valkovszki is already 30 and there's no one to replace him.

Squad stats

A breakthrough season for Zsolt Horvath, he established himself as a first choice left winger ahead of Fujsz, scored some really important goals and finished the season with the best rating among starters. Daniel Kovacs missed the end of the season with injury, probably with him available we wouldn't have dropped those points in final games.

Transfers

Bence Peter and Milan Hanol, key players for us in first seasons (and Peter is still our all-time top goalscorer) now had to play only for reserve team and so I agreed to sell them.

v9loqt2.png

Another improvement for training and youth facilities was arranged immediately and will be ready during next season. Also we raised Hungary coefficient to the 10th place, and that means a direct Champions League place for the next season's champion!

logo.jpg.7f18867b39bfbfd310db63a5900bbd98.jpg

IFK Eskilstuna – Season 16

Season 16 – 2034 – Swedish Premier Division

League: After last season’s dominance I expected a fairly easy ride in the league, and tried to mix it up a bit - experiment tactically and give some youngsters some game time. Big mistake. Come the end of the season, I was playing the trusted tactic from last year and all the more experienced players, trying to scrape through after a distinctly average first 3/4 of the year. We had a very tough run-in but managed to remain unbeaten and secure a crucial gritty 2-1 home victory against title rivals Elfsborg. Going into the last game, we were level on points with AIK and Elfsborg but way ahead on goal difference, and just had to beat bottom of the table Öskarhamns to surely secure the title. We proceeded to royally "FM" it up, my right winger getting sent off early in the game, and then grinding out a 0-0 draw only to find out that both AIK and Elfsborg won their comparatively tougher fixtures to push us into third, and Europa league next year. In the end our 13 draws definitely cost us, and I'm hoping for a return to (more) winning ways next year.

Btw notice how Malmö needed to escape relegation via a playoff this year. How the mighty have fallen…

Cup: Better this year – easily made it to the final, but then were convincingly outplayed by Hammarby on their turf, losing the final 2-0.

Europe: Well, who would have thought… Drawn with Liverpool, Monaco and RB Salzburg, I thought I had a decent chance of taking the 3rdEuropa league spot. But we massively exceeded expectations, stating with the first game where we rode our luck but managed to beat Liverpool away 3-2. A double over Monaco (5-1 at home and 1-0 away) sealed the qualification with 2 games to go, and we clinched top spot in the group on the last day with a win over Salzburg. Absolutely no idea how we did it given our crappy league form, I guess other teams playing more attacking against us helps, but still…

Best players: Most of the regulars didn’t have their best seasons, but Johan Axvret 29b had a great season in goal, Johan Palm 24c (MR) has regained his starting spot on the right wing, and Anders Carlsson 27c (MRLC) is becoming our best center mid.

Youth watch: This was the year where quite a few youths have started breaking through, so I’m hopeful they can shine next season. Fredrik Roos 33a (DRC) from last year’s intake has been the standout performer, making the rightback slot his own. Sebastian Bäckström (MC/ST) has played better than our older, higher rated strikers, and Haidar Haidi 31b (MR/AMR) has benefitted from an injury crisis to show some nice development.

Youth intake  |  Robin Utsten 34a (WB/MR)   |    Jonas Gunnarsson 34b (MRC)   Just two players worth a mention this year, but they’re both wingers which is good since I could do with some more attacking bite and creativity in the team: 

Transferstrying to shift the team towards younger prospects, and ship out some of the older players who have stopped improving

Finances: still looking good, so a year out of CL shouldn't make too much of a dent

Facilities: Building up youth and training facilities, and a stadium expansion is on the way

Next season’s aim: Title and a European run

Season |  League       | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |     Top rating            | Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   | Div 2 S. Svea |  3   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde (15)           |     Alkoyun (7.7)         |
2020   | Div 2 S. Svea |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde + 2 more (10)  |     Milde (7.8)           | Promotion
2021   | Div 1 North   |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (21)          |   Milde (14)           |     Cirak (7.7)           | Promotion
2022   | Div 1 Elite   |  11  |   R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (17)          |   Hallberg 19a (9)     |     Cirak (7.4)           | Survived
2023   | Div 1 Elite   |  9   |   R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Juhlin 20b (12)     |   Milde (11)           |     Milde (7.1)           |
2024   | Div 1 Elite   |  6   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Juhlin 20b (20)     |   Milde (9)            |     Östling (7.4)         |
2025   | Div 1 Elite   |  7   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Juhlin 20b (19)     |   Palm 24c (14)        |     Lundin (7.3)          |
2026   | Div 1 Elite   |  4   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Gustafsson 24a (14)  |   Palm 24c (12)        |     Palm 24c (7.2)        |
2027   | Div 1 Elite   |  1   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Gustafsson 24a (12)  |   Hallberg 19a (6)     |     Hallberg 19a (7.5)    | Promotion!
2028   | Premier       |  8   |   QF    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Gustafsson 24a (19)  |   Claesson 26d (13)    |     Claesson 26d (7.3)    |
2029   | Premier       |  7   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Juhlin 20b (14)      |   Claesson 26d (13)    |     Sundberg 26h (7.2)    |
2030   | Premier       |  1   | winner  |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Gustafsson 24a (23)  |   Claesson 26d (14)    |     Jönsson 25b (7.6)     | !! :D
2031   | Premier       |  2   |   QF    |   playoff   |    Last 32  |    Sundberg 26h (24)    |   Claesson 26d (14)    |     Sjöberg 27a (7.2)     |
2032   | Premier       |  1   |   QF    |   Qual. 2   |    Last 16  |    Gustafsson 24a (29)  |   Claesson 26d (13)    |     Qvist 28c (7.4)       |
2033   | Premier       |  1   |   R-up  |   Group     |     n/a     |    Sundberg 26h (18)    |   Qvist 28c (13)       |     Qvist 28c (7.4)       |
2034   | Premier       |  3   | ongoing |   ongoing   |     n/a     |    Bäckström 32b (15)   |   Claesson 26d (10)    |     Roos 33a (7.7)        |
Season |  Finances |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   |   £23k    |  Fairly Basic |      Basic        |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2020   |   -£9k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2021   |   -£6k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2022   |   £55k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2023   |   £42k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Basic        |  Poor           |  7800
2024   |   £38k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Basic        |  Poor           |  7800
2025   |   £136k   |  Good         |     Average       |   Basic        |  Basic          |  7800
2026   |   £241k   |  Good         |     Average       |   Basic        |  Basic          |  7800
2027   |   £464k   |  Good         |  Above Average    |   Basic        |  Basic          |  7800
2028   |   £464k   |  Good         |  Well established |   Basic        |  Basic          |  7800
2029   |   £491k   |  Good         |  Well established |  Below Average |  Basic          |  7800
2030   |           |  Good         |  Well established |  Below Average |  Basic          |  7800
2031   |   £5.7m   |  Excellent    |  Extensive        |  Below Average |  Below average  |  7800
2032   |   £11.3m  |  Excellent    |  Extensive        |  Adequate      |  Adequate       |  7800
2033   |   £25.4m  |  Exceptional  |  Extensive        |  Average       |  Average        |  7800
2034   |   £41.5m  |  Exceptional  |  Extensive        |  Good          |  Good           |  7800

Logo.thumb.jpeg.d77682d5d91fa79c6369ac2dfac47b7e.jpeg

IK VIRGO 

FIRED

The season did not go well att all. Last in league with 4 game to go and we were relegated. Tried to change up our tactic from last year but with very bad results I caved and changed back but it was to late and the team were awfully inconsistent all year. We only made 5 goals in first twelve games when we got our first win. Some of the older players declined very much between the seasons and with only one natural central midfielder and a PA of 3 silver stars I struggled a lot with the team. 

Gonna give it a new try but I think I might be changing the country.

XaW - Follo FK - 2022

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So with our surprise promotion last season, I got ready for a long, tough and disappointing season. And, in general, I got it right. We did struggle, a lot, and we lost, a lot. Being a semi-pro team in a league of only professionals, the odds were stacked against us from the get go. Our team is rated as a poor 2nd tier team at the moment with a few players in the top end of the tier, but also a lot who are suitable for the 3rd tier. We lost 4 of the first 6 game, but also sneaked in a few cheeky wins that gave us a bit of hope. We actually looked good to avoid relegation at one point, but a horrible 2nd half of the season made sure we went down. Of the last 16 matches we only won 2, and one was the last game of the season after we were already relegated. Actually, we had a chance of reaching the playoffs in the penultimate game, but we lost at home to Sandefjord who had the spot and were doomed to go down. Hopefully, we can fight at the top the next season and maybe sneak in another surprise promotion. Also take note of the team that got promoted with us last season, Kristiansund, they ended in 3rd place and qualified for Europe! Mental...

In the Norwegian cup we beat NHH, Nest-Sotra, Frigg, Vindbjart and Ranheim before losing to Molde in the semi final.

The main players I would like to mention this season are:

• Frikk Strand Wulff - The midfielder were one of the positives this season and contributed with a lot of important goals.
  • Patrik Karoliussen - Our veteran assistant/player also did well in midfield.

The finances are improving and I hope we soon can go pro. I also got some improvements to Youth Coaching.

zD2pZ8J.png

Edit: A bit strange to do while being relegated, but I'll take it!

mViS6pR.png

Edited by XaW

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2023

A very nice intake this time around. But a lot of poor personalities, so I think I'll have a look at a new HoYD.

VhaJCw4.png

Marius Jacobsen 23a is a talented left winger and one that I have high hopes for.

FwcPFtY.png

Once again a striker, but any talent in good.

QIlXF40.png

Bilderesultat for real jaen club de futbol

Real Jean FC

Season Summary 2034-2035

La Liga Champions! 

16 seasons after taking over Real Jean, we claim our first big trophy! We won La Liga with 77 points, the second lowest winning points tally since the start of the save :lol:

It came down to a great title challenge between Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao, Real Socided and us. Real Madrid have only been in the top three once in the last 5 years, and were never in the running, finishing on a sad 57 points by their standards. 

We were in great form coming in to the finishing stretch of the season, beating Real Marid and Sevilla 2-0. We then faced Chelsea in the semi-final of the Europa League, drawing 1-1 at Stamford Bridge. Playing Thursday games in the Europa League with a thin squad was draining our energy, and we followed up our draw at Chelsea with a terrible 1-0 loss away to Real Valladolid in the 36th league round. This was followed by a loss to Chelsea and a loss to Athletico Madrid in the league.. Luckily. Barcelona and Real Sociedad lost points as well, and it all came down to the last game of the season. We hammered Sporting Gijon 6-2 at home, what a way to finish the season off and claim the title in front of our fans! 

Now its all about finishing in the top 3 going forward so we can get an automatic Champions League spot. Because we still have a huge job in front of us. Yes, we won La Liga, but I have to say we were lucky, and we are way off contending for the Champions League. We got knocked out of the group stage yet again, in a group with Liverpoool, Benfica and FC Basel. Something just isn't clicking in Europe, and we need to probably do a lot more squad rotation next season. 

In the summary from last season I mentioned that we struggle to dominate against mid table teams. That continued this season, but in October we did a change to our tactics. I felt that we were a little "all over the place" and our tactics/team instructions lacked an identity. I spent a lot of time working on it, and decided to make two new tactics. I kept the same formation, 4-4-2 with offensive wingers, but now we were playing one of two ways: 

1. Very aggressive gegenpress with high press/high defensive line, really high tempo and pass into space

2. Sit deep, low block, very direct passing into space

This really helped, and we were able to maximise the quality of my team, being physical, aggresive and fast, and minimising the lack of quality in passing/dribbling/creativity etc. After losing my best player of all time, Badr Senoussi, a few years ago, this change was way overdue. He was our only playmaker, everything went through him, and for some reason I havent been able to really adapt to our post-Senoussi era, until now. That felt really good, and I feel that we have maximised the talent in the squad to win the league. 

Juan Jesus Nicolas was the revelation of the season, and he has the potential to be a world class player in a couple of years. Having spent last season on loan at Huesca in LaLiga 2, he took a place in the starting eleven this season. He only scored 14 goals, but he is a fantastic forward that really gives an extra dimention to our offensive game. He is luckily on a contract for four more years. 

We are facing some difficult decisions this summer, probably very relatable to everyone here: When should young talents get a spot in the starting eleven, or should they be loaned out for another year? We have some really good talent coming up, especially Ikechukwu Garba on left back. We also have a new young goalkeeper coming up in Lolo Castro, but with Naim having a decent season for us this season, he might get another year out on loan. Our captain and defensive leader, Jose Manuel, had the best season of his career, finishing 2nd in the La Liga player of the year. But he is 30, has a passing ability of 5, which is not really suitable for a gegenpress tactic, and we have young players coming up. They desperately need to play La Liga football, especially Alex Perez. If I loan him out for another year, I really dont have any options for CB on the bench.. Decisions, decisions! 

Goals for next season: Top 3 in La Liga, Quarter final in Champions League.  

Season Summary: 

129.thumb.jpg.0ebbc8ccb3114928611da1ec14609f99.jpg130.thumb.jpg.a788e56180dff90487890aa25129b460.jpg131.thumb.jpg.97932d9b9d05b5e7304116ab974db7f1.jpg132.thumb.jpg.7eddce8126ef1902e028eae6828d929f.jpg

Key Players:

133.thumb.jpg.8f4cd681f208a85f3592689ba16369b4.jpg134.thumb.jpg.c347b074596f2bb3d00c3ed3ee550e9e.jpg136.thumb.jpg.b59671dd16f31bacd982cdc2386e5374.jpg135.thumb.jpg.37cb9dc8d55b05450d8bf618d4ec1b58.jpg

Youth Prospects: 

137.thumb.jpg.c51098eb1804d968fe30490774d84cd7.jpg139.thumb.jpg.a0a7df93086b124b8a8aa0ac2cb8085f.jpg140.thumb.jpg.fce8edaa254d68b5faab072a1addfe3f.jpg138.thumb.jpg.e38e2aadd97783289dae25b3a801b64a.jpg

Season	|   League                   |  Position |  Copa Del Rey |          Europe         |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   Segunda Division B       |  9th      |  2ns round    |         N/A	           |   Okay start up season
2020/21	|   Segunda Division B       |  2nd      |  3rd round    |         N/A	           |   Promoted through play off
2021/22	|   La Liga 123              |  7th      |  3rd round    |         N/A	           |   Promoted through play off, back-to-back
2022/23	|   La Liga                  |  10th     |  2nd round    |         N/A	           |   Great first season, finishing mid table
2023/24	|   La Liga                  |  14th     |  2nd round    |         N/A	           |   No progress to speak of, managed to get worse
2024/25	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  5th round    |         N/A	           |   Solid season, finished 8th
2025/26	|   La Liga                  |  11th     |  4th round    |         N/A	           |   Decent season, good club progress if not so much on the pitch
2026/27	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  4th round    |         N/A	           |   Amazing year, predicted 20th, finished 4th! 
2027/28	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  5th round    |      Group Stage        |   Pretty good year, tough start to CL
2028/29	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  4th round    |         N/A             |   Decent progress, but unconsistent
2029/30	|   La Liga                  |  7th      |  4th round    |         N/A             |   A return to Europe! 
2030/31	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  4th round    |  EL knock out 2nd round |   Great year, finsihed 4th
2031/32	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  Qtr-final    |  CL knock out 1st round |   Another great year, great run in CL
2032/33	|   La Liga                  |  2nd      |  5th round    |     Group Stage CL      |   Great season in La Liga, runners up
2033/34	|   La Liga                  |  3rd      |  5th round    |     Group Stage CL      |   Good league season, dissapointing CL run
2034/35	|   La Liga                  |  1st      |  4th round    |     Group Stage CL      |   Won La Liga, semi-final in the Europa League

Edited by thomas_e

Well, after my Dafuge Challenge save got lost (ssd died and I don't do backups or cloud saving) I'm after something else to sink my time into. I thought about the plain old Euro version of the small club challenge, but as I'm a borderline masochist I went and spiced it up by going for the youth academy version after being inspired by reading through your posts.

Presenting to you, the new manager of FSV Frankfurt. I had to holiday 2 seasons, I hope that's okay, I could not get any teams to come up from the Regionalliga Sudwest in 2019.

I've got a fair bit of history with this team, and it was the only choice for me in Germany. When I was in University, my best friend and I played a co-op FIFA career as FSV Frankfurt. We've got a solid youth setup and have existed forever in the shadow of our rivals, the Bundesliga outfit Eintracht Frankfurt - which offers us a really exciting opportunity to overthrow them and cement ourselves as the city's top dog.

This is going to be a total change of pace for me - I'm a massive wheeler-dealer. The squad looks mediocre and there isn't a lot in the way of youth prospects. Therefore, this season, the sole aim is to stay in the division.

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal Season 2037 Report

This season was the definition of a slog. Not much progress to report on unfortunately.

Cup- We beat Tornado Måløy FK, Flekkerøy and KFUM Oslo before meeting Tromsø yet again in the cup. They beat us easily, making it 3 years in a row they have knocked us out of the cup. Still, a 4th round exit is pretty solid and i'm satisfied with that.

League- A very underwhelming year for us in the league. We started well but then just couldn't grab any wins during the middle part of the season (we ended with 11 draws! in a 30 game league season!). A late spark saw us almost grab the last playoff spot but it wasn't to be as we finished 7th. We really struggled up front this year, due to the loss of 4 excellent strikers sold by my board over the last few years. 

Best players-

Top goalscorer: Andreas Aune 32C (8 goals) The fact that our top goalscorer is a rotational right midfielder says a lot about our strikers this year. My next big hope is Emil Liebe-Hart 36C who started his career with a 14 match goalless run but did manage a goal and a couple good performances at the end of the season. He is only 17 so plenty of time for him to develop. 

Most assists: Christian Haaland 27G (6 assists) A pretty good season for our LB, however he has reached his peak now and I'll probably try to reduce his minutes next year.

Highest avg rating: Glenn Arne Knudtzon 29A (7.21) Another superb season from our best CM.

Most POM: Christian Haaland 27G and Glenn Arne Knudtzon 29A (4)

MVP: Glenn Arne Knudtzon 29A

Best U23 player: Alexander Vold 34B  He actually wasn't even that great, but he refused to be sold over my head by the board, so that makes him a hero in my books. He also looks to be developing into an excellent GK.

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

Next season I have no doubt we will improve, and I'm sure we will be back in the playoffs at least. I may look to sell a few players that aren't essential to lessen the financial despair we are in and potentially shift to a new formation. Also, My assistant manager for the last 17 seasons is retiring which is sad, so i'll have to find a replacement for him too.

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |    Top assists          |  Highest avg rating|     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   2nd Division       3rd      2nd Round        -         Bransdal(22)        Bransdal(8)             Bright-Taylor(7.41)     PROMOTION
2020   1st Division      11th      1st Round        -         Langåker(11)        Östman/Nilsen(7)        Bright-Taylor(7.06)     Survived
2021   1st Division       9th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(14)        Rosendal/Nilsen(6)      Kristiansen(7.20)       Mid Table
2022   1st Division       9th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(18)        Rosendal/Paulsberg(6)   Bright-Taylor(7.07)     Mid Table
2023   1st Division      14th      1st Round        -         Bransdal(9)         Nilsen(5)               Nilsen(7.08)            Relegated
2024   2nd Division       2nd      3rd Round        -         Langåker(17)        Nilsen(9)               Bright-Taylor(7.51)     PROMOTION
2025   1st Division      15th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(10)        Harviken(7)             Nilsen(7.14)            Relegated
2026   2nd Division       2nd      1st Round        -         Langåker(17)        Harviken(11)            Granhaug(7.58)          PROMOTION
2027   1st Division       8th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(9)         Nilsen(7)               Nilsen(7.21)            Mid Table
2028   1st Division       8th      4th Round        -         Langåker(17)        Nilsen(7)               Nilsen(7.23)            Mid Table
2029   1st Division       8th      3rd Round        -         Krogstad(11)        Nilsen/Hoel(7)          Hoel(7.09)              Mid Table
2030   1st Division       8th      1st Round        -         Furthi(11)          Rygh(4)                 Furthi(7.10)            Mid Table
2031   1st Division       4th      2nd Round        -         Langåker/Furthi(15) Hoel(9)                 Hoel(7.23)              PROMOTION
2032   Premier Div.      14th      4th Round        -         Furthi(8)           Rytterager(6)           Knudtzon(7.04)          Relegated
2033   1st Division       5th      4th Round        -         Furthi/Krogstad(8)  Hoel/Jakhelln(6)        Auklend(7.13)           Playoffs
2034   1st Division       8th      2nd Round        -         Furthi(10)          Hoel/Knudtzon(5)        Knudtzon(7.28)          Mid Table
2035   1st Division       4th      Semi final       -         Jakelln/Ferrer(11)  Hoel(11)                Jakelln(7.23)           Playoffs
2036   1st Division       4th      2nd Round        -         Jakelln(7)          Hoel/Vraalsen(7)        Knudtzon(7.22)          Playoffs
2037   1st Division       7th      4th Round        -         Aune(8)             Haaland(6)              Knudtzon(7.21)          Mid Table

Ugh! Just had "elections" and a new chairman took over. Pretty much the first thing he did was to sell one of our best prospects for much less than I could have negotiated it to if I had known he would interfere. Oh, and he removed my chosen philosophy of "youngsters" and added "play for set pieces" for some reason.

PÃÃÃÃÃÃécsi Mecsek Futball Club

Pécsi Mecsek Futball Club - Season 2026/27

League table

Vidi were unstoppable and that's not a surprise, every season they spend more than all other Hungarian teams, signing newgens from South America (currently there are nine Argentinians in their squad) and local talents. But Honved's rise wasn't so predictable, they won all three games against us and deserved this second place. We will start from Europa League group next time, which is actually good as our schedule will be quite free until September.

Magyar Cup

As usual, the cup was played by our bench and youth players, and they managed to reach the quarter final with a comeback against Ujpest.

Champions League

Both games against Dynamo ended in our own 'Fergie-time', we equalized from a penalty at home and scored a winning goal in Kyiv when everyone were already waiting for extra time. Though it seems all our luck was spent there and Basel stopped us in the next round.

Europa League (group stage)

This group looked tougher than one we had last year, however we qualified with a game in hand, and a draw against Valencia at home was enough to secure the first place.

Gtu571E.png

One of the best available options, though of course Danes didn't let us advance easily. They equalized in injury time at home and were in one goal reach until the last seconds of second leg.

pHXXzp6.png

We lost at home and actually hadn't any real chances until 75th minute, so I was ready to accept our defeat but Zsolt Horvath scored two in remaining time and we advanced on away goals!

XDZFLPr.png

Another German team in quarter final, and this was time for Daniel Kovacs to lead. His equalizer in second game just before half time made Schalke's task a lot harder. We kept this result in second half and reached the semi final!

fKr58h9.png

At least we scored first in London. English top teams are really playing on different level from anyone else, 

Youth intake

Madarasz 27a | Wittredi 27b | Szabo 27c

Great top prospect but others are unlikely to break into the first team.

Squad stats

Antal Farkas became a starting central midfielder, Attila Fiola finally got his first international caps, though only as a substitute in friendlies.

Transfers

Kalman was looking for new challenge and had one year of contract left so I decided to sell him.

Youth League

Incredible result from our youth! Bayern were too strong but reaching the final itself is a major achievement.

fXVcNkU.png

More improvement for our national rankings! If we continue the same way (and hopefully other teams, especially Vidi will improve), 6th place and three Champions League spots won't be so far.

Oppsal Season 2038 Report

Another season done, this year our goal was improve on last years finish and make the playoffs at a minimum. I decided to change my primary formation at the end of last season from my trusty 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3, with the idea being that if I have no good strikers then at least having more of them numerically might lead to some goals. The players transitioned to it brilliantly, while also developing nicely.

Cup- we drew Ranheim from the division below in the first round and it was an incredibly frustrating game. We dominated but it finished 2-2 after two extremely lucky goals, then we went down to 9 men after a red card and an injury and they scored the winner in extra time. A first round exit is really poor and it meant we missed out on a lot of prize money.

League- Another really good start and this time it continued as we started with a 17 match unbeaten run, which is more than half of the season. This run contained almost as many draws as wins however even though we dominated most games. As a result Elverum were always battling with us for top spot, even opening up a 6 point lead at one point. Our first game of the season against them was an entertaining 1-1 draw with my striker Jens Hurthi 28F hitting the post with a last minute chip over their goalie. Going into the last 5 games we were sitting in 1st but still had to face both Elverum and 3rd placed Odd, who poached two of my players mid-season. A 93rd minute goal for Kristiansund saw us lose our second game of the season and we followed that up with an unlucky 4-1 loss to Elverum which left us tied on points but us ahead on goal difference. We managed a great 2-1 win over Odd to secure promotion then we faced Bodø/Glimt in the last game, win and we win the title. We dominated the game but just couldn't score, hitting the woodwork 3 times before a cross found its way into Emil Liebe-Hart 36C who headed it straight into the crossbar... and down into the goal! we held on to a 1-0 lead and won the title on goal difference!

Best players-

Top goalscorer: Jakob Sandvik 33U (15 goals) I decided to tag him with 'U' as he was untagged at intake and has somehow ended up in my first team. He had a really good season though and was my one striker that was at least somewhat consistent. The formation change was definitely a success as my regular front 3 managed 32 goals and 12 assists all together.

Most assists: Arne Aabel 35D (8 assists) This guy was my backup RB at the start of the season, however the mid-season sale over my head of my first choice Pål Rosenlund 33B by the board pushed him into the starting team and it was lucky we had such depth at the position!

Highest avg rating: Arne Aabel 35D (7.32)

Most POM: Arne Aabel 35D (6)

MVP: Although he didn't top any stats, it has to be Glenn Arne Knudtzon 29A yet again. He is so important for us at CM and has now averaged a rating of over 7 for 6 seasons in a row.

Best U23 player: Arne Aabel 35D

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

So an excellent season and our first trophy of the challenge! only took 20 years! The goal for next year is obviously just to survive, however I think we do have a better chance of doing so than last time. We have several Premier Division quality players and a few more who can certainly make the jump with continued development. I did decide to sell young RM Asbjørn Jakhelln 32B midway through the season for 950K + add ons, as we are transitioning to a formation where he isn't really useful and we also really needed the money! Hopefully another season in the top league helps us bring in some more income.

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |    Top assists          |  Highest avg rating|     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   2nd Division       3rd      2nd Round        -         Bransdal(22)        Bransdal(8)             Bright-Taylor(7.41)     PROMOTION
2020   1st Division      11th      1st Round        -         Langåker(11)        Östman/Nilsen(7)        Bright-Taylor(7.06)     Survived
2021   1st Division       9th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(14)        Rosendal/Nilsen(6)      Kristiansen(7.20)       Mid Table
2022   1st Division       9th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(18)        Rosendal/Paulsberg(6)   Bright-Taylor(7.07)     Mid Table
2023   1st Division      14th      1st Round        -         Bransdal(9)         Nilsen(5)               Nilsen(7.08)            Relegated
2024   2nd Division       2nd      3rd Round        -         Langåker(17)        Nilsen(9)               Bright-Taylor(7.51)     PROMOTION
2025   1st Division      15th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(10)        Harviken(7)             Nilsen(7.14)            Relegated
2026   2nd Division       2nd      1st Round        -         Langåker(17)        Harviken(11)            Granhaug(7.58)          PROMOTION
2027   1st Division       8th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(9)         Nilsen(7)               Nilsen(7.21)            Mid Table
2028   1st Division       8th      4th Round        -         Langåker(17)        Nilsen(7)               Nilsen(7.23)            Mid Table
2029   1st Division       8th      3rd Round        -         Krogstad(11)        Nilsen/Hoel(7)          Hoel(7.09)              Mid Table
2030   1st Division       8th      1st Round        -         Furthi(11)          Rygh(4)                 Furthi(7.10)            Mid Table
2031   1st Division       4th      2nd Round        -         Langåker/Furthi(15) Hoel(9)                 Hoel(7.23)              PROMOTION
2032   Premier Div.      14th      4th Round        -         Furthi(8)           Rytterager(6)           Knudtzon(7.04)          Relegated
2033   1st Division       5th      4th Round        -         Furthi/Krogstad(8)  Hoel/Jakhelln(6)        Auklend(7.13)           Playoffs
2034   1st Division       8th      2nd Round        -         Furthi(10)          Hoel/Knudtzon(5)        Knudtzon(7.28)          Mid Table
2035   1st Division       4th      Semi final       -         Jakelln/Ferrer(11)  Hoel(11)                Jakelln(7.23)           Playoffs
2036   1st Division       4th      2nd Round        -         Jakelln(7)          Hoel/Vraalsen(7)        Knudtzon(7.22)          Playoffs
2037   1st Division       7th      4th Round        -         Aune(8)             Haaland(6)              Knudtzon(7.21)          Mid Table
2038   1st Division       1st      1st Round        -         Sandvik(15)         Aabel(8)                Aabel(7.32)             PROMOTION

XaW - Follo FK - 2023

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

So, with the relegation last season and going professional, my goal were to bounce back up, but the media didn't rate us at all and thought it more likely for us to be relegated rather than be promoted. Since we had a great youth intake before the season, our first choices differed slightly this season around. However, one of the youngsters got poached before the season even started, and we lost another one after we had elections and the new chairman stepped in to show his dominance. The season itself went along pretty well, we were part of the top of the table all season long and even had the top spot with 2 games remaining. Two poor matches were we drew against Jerv and lost against Aalesund later we were in 3rd and missed out on automatic promotion. So we went into the playoffs. In the semi final we were up 2-0 after 20 minutes against Aalesund, but then got two red cards and the rest were a "hanging on for dear life", and we made it even though they scored a goal. In the playoff final we dominated the game against Bryne, but struggled to find the net. They properly FM'ed us and won 2-1 to end our promotion dreams. Next year we go again!

In the Norwegian cup we beat Tertnes, Steinkjer, Nybergsund IL-Trysil, Vindbjart and Skeid before losing to Sarpsborg 08 in the semi final.

• Sander Haugen - Our left back contributed a lot and played great all season long.
  • Patrik Karoliussen - Another great season by my assistant, but his age is starting to show. I think he has a year left though.
  • Espen Tveter Andersen - Had a pretty poor season last year, but he really showed his goalscoring ability this time around.

TAfter going pro, our finances took a real hit, and with the massive tax we got after last season, we struggled and lost over a million pounds this season.

V3CHFuL.png

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2024

Another great intake and some very talented youngsters are more than welcome into the team. One player in particular is very exciting.

UfXfaGE.png

Espen Andersen 24f is just an amazing talent and I'm looking to locking him into a long term contract early on.

qVeVAr1.png

I'm adding Emil Almesveen 24f here because he is a good talent, but also have a fantastic personality and that usually will help him improve in a much better fashion than others.

0xKgOdD.png

My board just sold our two best centre backs... ffs!

EuD5Wwe.png

D1HjCph.png

I can understand the Even Hammer 22d one, since the bid was huge for our level, but then going on and selling our second best centre back for half a million less is just stupid.

And again:

eO4Z6R4.png

Edited by XaW

Oppsal Youth Intake 2039

Well, it's better than last year but still a little disappointing.

bwXd5we.png

There are a lot of high determination players and some with good personalities. Also 3 strikers with 4 star potential, hopefully at least one of those develops into fist team quality as that's an area we need to improve in. The one really good prospect is a GK, which we don't desperately need but I guess it's good to have a solid backup in case we lose our current star keeper. Here's Bruhjell, who does look pretty good:

YcHoFJL.png

XaW - Follo FK - 2024

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

We were close to promotion last season, and the hope was to improve a bit this time around. As the season started, our chairman sold our two best defenders and a while later our brightest central midfield prospect. That of course dented my hopes for promotion, but at least we had some very talented players come through to lighten the load. In the league we started great, even with a hope loss to league favourites Strømsgodset. And we kept up the great form battling for the top spot with Strømsgodset in particular, but Lillestrøm, Aalesund and Kongsvinger were not that far behind. Even though we won most and drew a few we never got a huge gap down to the other teams chasing us, though with 10 games to go we got a 8 point lead and kept it for the most of the latter part of the season. We clinched the title with 2 games to go. Another promotion and our second attempt to play in the top tier next season. I did change up my tactics a bit this time, since we do struggle quite a bit defensively. We sometimes have massive issues and leave a lot of space, but not as much as before the switch.

At the end of the season my assistant Patrik Karoliussen decided to retire as a player, but I'll keep him on as my assistant as long as he wants to. He is a proper legend for the club. 408 league appearances for the club from 2008 until 2024, scoring 81 league goals is amazing. I also had Glenn Torgersen 21a dedicate his award as player of the year to me. A nice touch.

In the Norwegian cup we beat Vidar, HamKam, Sarpsborg 08, Raufoss and Strømsgodset before losing on pens to Molde in the semi final.

• Espen Andersen 24a - Came through the intake this season, but had an amazing impact on the team. Got his debut for the Norway u21s and have attracted the interest of 
  • Glenn Torgersen 21a - I taught him to place his shots and he really showed he could. Amazing goalscoring this season. 
  • Patrik Karoliussen - His final season were another great one and he went out with a bang.

Losing money this season as well, but not as much as last. Hopefully our promotion will up our finances and attendances.

eYyJQIk.png

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2025

A good intake with some very talented players.

A3bw53C.png

Andreas Langerud 25c looks like a very good replacement for Karoliussen and will be part of the main squad this season.

NBupkPn.png

Our second Model Citizen and a very talented one as well. The young Hong Kong-Norwegian is one I think can do great for us in the future.

APspy49.png

I am losing Espen Andersen 24a, but luckily after the coming season. Interest in him were becoming enormous and I'd rather sell him abroad than to the top teams domestically. So when the board accepted an offer above my head, I offered him out and negotiated a bit and in the end he is leaving to West Ham in about a year.

vDBx3Ho.png

Really enjoying this thread guys, was just wondering what your top tips/do's and don'ts/observations for this style of play

I suppose the obvious one would be to get "develop youth" as a board philosophy but i'm sure you guys have many more

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Really enjoying this thread guys, was just wondering what your top tips/do's and don'ts/observations for this style of play

I suppose the obvious one would be to get "develop youth" as a board philosophy but i'm sure you guys have many more

I'm not sure my tips are worth anything as I'm doing pretty rubbish in the challenge but nevertheless I

- have develop youth as a philosophy;

- get rid of any release clauses asap;

- renew contracts for as long as possible;

- take advantage of players who ask for extended contracts and extend the contract as long as it doesn't include a release clause;

- continually ask the board to improve all facilities;

- only have one scout and one data analyst ... and I'm not sure that I really need them.

Edited by Hovis Dexter
added "not"

logo.jpg.062d1755608f92f406a1c3783fccdb7c.jpg

IFK Eskilstuna – Season 17

Season 17 – 2035 – Swedish Premier Division

League: We were fighting it out with Elfsborg for top spot throughout the season. A change of tactic saw us pull away in August, only to lose back-to-back 3-1 at home to Djurgarden and 7-1 (!!!) away to recently promoted Kalmar, meaning we were neck and neck by end of September. But a narrow 1-0 win against Elfsborg, despite my players missing 2 penalties in that game, ensured we pulled away again and secured the title with 2 games to go.

Cup: Inconsistent again, losing to Halmstad on penalties in the quarters.

Europe 2034-35: Despite topping the group, we drew Man City in the first KO round, and they had too much quality for us, even though the final scoreline was pretty close. Still, a very encouraging campaign, especially as Liverpool, who we beat in the group stage, finished runners up in the end.

Europe 2035-36: Only a Europa league place for us this year, but we were seeded 1stand topped the group containing Zenit, Young Boys and Sparta Prague.

Best players: The transformation towards youth continues, with me shipping out many former first team regulars to give a few youngsters some game time. Johan Axvret 29b (GK) continues to do well, had a great season in goal, but the performer of the season has to be Fredrik Roos 33a (DRC), who is attracting the interest of the likes of Bayern Munich. Let’s hope we can hold on to him for a few seasons at least.

Youth watch: Plenty more talent coming through this year. My regular right wingers were underperforming, so I promoted Robin Utsten 34a (WB/MR) from the U19s and he has done well, while Fredrik Persson 33b (MC/AMC/ST) is becoming one of our best midfielders. Erik Hägg 29a (ML) finally broke into the first team and looks like he might be finally fulfilling his potential, with 10 goals and 5 assists in 24 apps.

Youth intake: Not too much depth but pretty decent personalities, and again some promising attackers, this time in the central positions. Johan Ahlqvist 35a (AMC) will be retrained as a striker, and Tony Boman 36b (AMC) as center mid, while Måns Juhlin 35c (MC/AML/ST) is earmarked for the left midfield slot. Abdi Deng 35d (MRC/AMC) could potentially provide another center mid option.

Transfersquite a few of the former first teamers have been shipped, but no forced sales so far

Finances: the facility upgrades have taken a big chunk out of the savings, but we’re still looking good overall

Facilities: keep improving training and youth facilities, and a £26m new stadium (not named after me :( ) is on the way 

Next season’s aim: Title + 3rdor higher in the CL group

Season |  League       | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |     Top rating            | Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   | Div 2 S. Svea |  3   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde (15)           |     Alkoyun (7.7)         |
2020   | Div 2 S. Svea |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde + 2 more (10)  |     Milde (7.8)           | Promotion
2021   | Div 1 North   |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (21)          |   Milde (14)           |     Cirak (7.7)           | Promotion
2022   | Div 1 Elite   |  11  |   R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (17)          |   Hallberg 19a (9)     |     Cirak (7.4)           | Survived
2023   | Div 1 Elite   |  9   |   R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Juhlin 20b (12)     |   Milde (11)           |     Milde (7.1)           |
2024   | Div 1 Elite   |  6   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Juhlin 20b (20)     |   Milde (9)            |     Östling (7.4)         |
2025   | Div 1 Elite   |  7   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Juhlin 20b (19)     |   Palm 24c (14)        |     Lundin (7.3)          |
2026   | Div 1 Elite   |  4   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Gustafsson 24a (14)  |   Palm 24c (12)        |     Palm 24c (7.2)        |
2027   | Div 1 Elite   |  1   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Gustafsson 24a (12)  |   Hallberg 19a (6)     |     Hallberg 19a (7.5)    | Promotion!
2028   | Premier       |  8   |   QF    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Gustafsson 24a (19)  |   Claesson 26d (13)    |     Claesson 26d (7.3)    |
2029   | Premier       |  7   | group   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Juhlin 20b (14)      |   Claesson 26d (13)    |     Sundberg 26h (7.2)    |
2030   | Premier       |  1   | winner  |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Gustafsson 24a (23)  |   Claesson 26d (14)    |     Jönsson 25b (7.6)     | !! :D
2031   | Premier       |  2   |   QF    |   playoff   |    Last 32  |    Sundberg 26h (24)    |   Claesson 26d (14)    |     Sjöberg 27a (7.2)     |
2032   | Premier       |  1   |   QF    |   Qual. 2   |    Last 16  |    Gustafsson 24a (29)  |   Claesson 26d (13)    |     Qvist 28c (7.4)       |
2033   | Premier       |  1   |   R-up  |   Group     |     n/a     |    Sundberg 26h (18)    |   Qvist 28c (13)       |     Qvist 28c (7.4)       |
2034   | Premier       |  3   |   QF    |   Last 16   |     n/a     |    Bäckström 32b (15)   |   Claesson 26d (10)    |     Roos 33a (7.7)        |
2035   | Premier       |  1   | ongoing |     n/a     |    ongoing  |    Gustafsson 24a (24)  |   Roos 33a (8)         |     Roos 33a (7.5)        |
Season |  Finances |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   |   £23k    |  Fairly Basic |      Basic        |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2020   |   -£9k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2021   |   -£6k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2022   |   £55k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2023   |   £42k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Basic        |  Poor           |  7800
2024   |   £38k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Basic        |  Poor           |  7800
2025   |   £136k   |  Good         |     Average       |   Basic        |  Basic          |  7800
2026   |   £241k   |  Good         |     Average       |   Basic        |  Basic          |  7800
2027   |   £464k   |  Good         |  Above Average    |   Basic        |  Basic          |  7800
2028   |   £464k   |  Good         |  Well established |   Basic        |  Basic          |  7800
2029   |   £491k   |  Good         |  Well established |  Below Average |  Basic          |  7800
2030   |           |  Good         |  Well established |  Below Average |  Basic          |  7800
2031   |   £5.7m   |  Excellent    |  Extensive        |  Below Average |  Below average  |  7800
2032   |   £11.3m  |  Excellent    |  Extensive        |  Adequate      |  Adequate       |  7800
2033   |   £25.4m  |  Exceptional  |  Extensive        |  Average       |  Average        |  7800
2034   |   £41.5m  |  Exceptional  |  Extensive        |  Good          |  Good           |  7800
2035   |   £10.0m  |  Exceptional  |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Great          |  11700

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

What @Hovis Dexter said; I'd also add upgrade coaching and recruitment but not too fast, otherwise you run out of money and the board will sell your best players anyway. Also try to improve the squad personality by signing staff with good personalities, and keeping around low-ability players who have high determination etc.

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

1 hour ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I'm not sure my tips are worth anything as I'm doing pretty rubbish in the challenge but nevertheless I

- have develop youth as a philosophy;

- get rid of any release clauses asap;

- renew contracts for as long as possible;

- take advantage of players who ask for extended contracts and extend the contract as long as it doesn't include a release clause;

- continually ask the board to improve all facilities;

- only have one scout and one data analyst ... and I'm not sure that I really need them.

14 minutes ago, dkouv said:

What @Hovis Dexter said; I'd also add upgrade coaching and recruitment but not too fast, otherwise you run out of money and the board will sell your best players anyway. Also try to improve the squad personality by signing staff with good personalities, and keeping around low-ability players who have high determination etc.

@dkouv and @Hovis Dexter summed it up pretty good, but I'll add one more.

Sometimes you have to sell your best youth players and try to realise it and accept it. When it's time, at least try to negotiate a decent fee and make sure you add "% of next sale" each and every time and as high as possible. This can bring in millions if you are lucky and that is improvements to the facilities or some years of improved coaching.

Thanks for the input guys, lots of food for thought there especially keeping around low ability high determination players.  i'd never thought of that but I guess it drives the average up. :thup:

My main problem in the past has been getting rid of the original players way too quickly hoping that match experience given to my youth will help them but i've ended up weakening my team way too much.

Last question, how have people found the new mentoring system and what, if any, effect has it had on this challenge?

1 minute ago, Brother Ben said:

Thanks for the input guys, lots of food for thought there especially keeping around low ability high determination players.  i'd never thought of that but I guess it drives the average up. :thup:

My main problem in the past has been getting rid of the original players way too quickly hoping that match experience given to my youth will help them but i've ended up weakening my team way too much.

Last question, how have people found the new mentoring system and what, if any, effect has it had on this challenge?

Well, removing the older players too soon will cause a lack of leadership in the squad and that could have a detrimental effect on the team, at least when your team concedes first.

I found the new mentoring system great. It's much harder to create a race of superhumans who are highly professional and determined, but it's also much more realistic to me. I mean, it's not like you could have taken 17 year old Balotelli and had him follow a model professional for a couple of months and hey presto Balotelli is now a calm and balanced human being.

So, I find it harder, but better.

3 hours ago, Fadedaf said:

@Brother Ben One more tip is to get any really promising young players signed to full-time/professional contracts as soon as possible to prevent big clubs from swooping in and stealing them for free, as has happened to me a few times! 

Absolutely, I forgot that one. After losing my most promising youngster from one year on a free I started to offer professional contracts to all my promising players ASAP. I’ve carried this idea on to my non challenge save as well.

On 26/01/2019 at 10:00, Bubbles_DK said:

It's time for me to join this challenge again

I've chosen to do this in Denmark with Boldklubben 1908 (B1908). It is actually the club were I kicked my first football back in the early 90's. 

Manager Profile

Facilities

The club is seeded to end up at 9th place, so hopefully we can stay out of the relegation battle.

So I'm going to try again with my own "youth club".

Game is loaded and ready for me after work :-) 

Ok, I'm doing far too well now. I really don't have the players for this, but it seems to be working none the less.

Bu4hLM5.png

I'm half way into the season and we are quite dominant, and it almost feel like I've stumbled onto something that works too well, but I don't do anything special...

PS71B4p.png

I mean, it's a weird hybrid of shorter passing, counter pressing and some wing play, but it's something that I've tweaked for a while now. And this is the current thing.

The thing I don't get is, that I don't have any player doing far too well (except Espen Andersen 24a, but he is leaving after the season and are far too good), we just dominate...

0jgox9z.png

Though, we did get spanked by Rosenborg earlier in the season, so it's not like we are invincible or anything...

JcsbOBy.png

One factor is that a lot of these players have played together for quite a few years now, and that should help with increased team cohesion and that helps out. But I still feel we are doing too well. Though, with the relegation last time we were in this division I guess I should just shut up and enjoy it! :lol:

Modena 2019/20

League Prediction Squad1 Squad2 U20s Manager Transfers

An average season trying to restore modena to past glories. They went bankrupt and was then subsequently refounded in 2018. 

On paper the squad looks great but it's an ageing squad with no real pace or height up top and no full backs until I noticed the transfers of 3 full backs which I couldn’t cancel.

We struggled for goals throughout with our top scores being our left back, our cm and a 39 year old striker who scored 3 pens and 2 free kicks. 

Just missed out on the playoffs but we had a really hard slog at times with our form inconsistent and deciding on a consistent style and formation was always a struggle with at first trying to make the best use of my players not really doing well eventually we settled on my natural 4141 as it seems to be the only formation with consistency to it.

Youth intake

20a 20b

Not the best intake with only a few players tagged, but i got 2 out of my 4 positions needed with a gk and aml, we never had a senior option in either and these two prospects look like they can really develop 

I managed to get my national c license before I went into the depths of insecure finances and never managed to get any more improvements although when I negotiate da new contract I was told my youth facilities will be improved but unfortunately this got cancelled.

My most frustrating aspect of this season was a a failed takeover from a tycoon who wanted to give me a 40 million budget but unfortunately my useless board couldn’t negotiate anything.

Onto season 2 and with no attacking players it'll be interesting to see how we get that damn ball in the back of the net

On 17/06/2019 at 21:30, Brother Ben said:

I kept many of my original players, all the way up to La Liga. Some of them were afwul quality wise, but I deemed it so important to keep the young players in the U19 squad when they are 16-17 and then giving them first time football out on loan after that. And running out of squad depth is obviously a nightmare. 

One little trick that may be forgotten sometimes is to add contract extension clauses in the contracts. That makes a 5 year deal in to an 8 year deal! 

On a side note: Every challenge is indeed different, and I havent finished mine yet, but I have to say that for me it was really important to focus on developing a solid goalkeeper and central defenders. I played three 16 year olds in those positions for a while, based purely on their potential, not their ability. There is just no way you can compete in the top flight if those players havent developed properly. But then again, that was very much based on the exact team I had, and the quality that was available to me. 

Well that’s Modena finished with after 10 games winless only scoring 3 goals we played bottom of the table and here was the result their cb scored from a free kick, i found it so frustrating trying to create a style that works based on we had no wingers or strikers of any usable quality oh well onto the next one.

1 hour ago, GottaBeatThemAll said:

Well that’s Modena finished with after 10 games winless only scoring 3 goals we played bottom of the table and here was the result their cb scored from a free kick, i found it so frustrating trying to create a style that works based on we had no wingers or strikers of any usable quality oh well onto the next one.

Fancy trying Stalybridge for me?  I've had 6 attempts and never got anywhere, I wonder if they're crap or its just me!

3 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Fancy trying Stalybridge for me?  I've had 6 attempts and never got anywhere, I wonder if they're crap or its just me!

Whilst a tempting offer, I don't have the patience for an english save haha and with the clubs not being professional its another big turn off for me 

2020.thumb.PNG.8f9db137e300cf9e8434e598e49ba4b2.PNG

Just noticed this value difference between our class of 2020 and all others. Of course they all are among the best in CA, but for example Laszlo Kovacs who is only a year younger and has 4* CA is nowhere near, so it's a bit weird.

18 hours ago, GottaBeatThemAll said:

Whilst a tempting offer, I don't have the patience for an english save haha and with the clubs not being professional its another big turn off for me 

No worries, its a hard challenge and not for everyone

XaW - Follo FK - 2025

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

So, back with the big boys! The goal from the start were simply not to get relegated again, and we managed it, by a mile! I posted the table at half way earlier and we were flying. It should be said we hit some tougher ground after that, but we still picket up quite a lot of points. In the last 15 matches we ended with 7 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses. While not as great as we did the first 15, still a very reasonable collection. We did have somewhat of an injury crisis towards the end, and while a lot of my players are becoming good, the backups are still mostly too young or original players who are not good enough. And, to make things worse, the registration rules in Norway are not mirrored to real life, because it's quite strange- However, the current rules in the game is a 25 man squad, and no more. No matter the age, if they are not part of the 25, they cannot play. So I had to play a couple of games with less than 7 subs, but it is what it is. In the end we finished in a very strong 2nd place and qualified for the Europa League! Vålerenga turned out to be too strong for us, while Rosenborg had a shockingly poor season after they had won every season bar one since the start of the game. Europe here we come!

In the Norwegian cup we beat Årdal and Alta before losing to Aalesund in the 3rd round.

• Espen Andersen 24a - I hate losing him. Just simply an amazing player who had an amazing season.
  • Erik Olsen 24b - Mostly played as much because of injuries, but really took the spot as his own. 
  • Helge Gjermundrød 25a - The surprise of the season. I didn't expect him to play much, but due to injuries he had to fill inn quite a bit and did great.

Financially, it looked bleak for a long while, but when we got almost £2m for the position we finished in, it looks much better. Europe will also help next season.

NdaZbhC.png

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2026

A couple of talented players, but not many very exciting players.

7YEho0E.png

David Thomassen 26a is a talented striker, but he severely lacks finishing.

zkf7FsH.png

Tom Eriksen 26b has some talent, but needs some work.

5aI38cZ.png

We have another Model Citizen, but unfortunately he is not that good.

Sorry guys, but I'm giving up on this one. It's stopped being fun. I'm stuck near the bottom of Serie A struggling to win a match with a team that pretty much has the worst attributes in the league and doesn't improve. I also think that I may have inadvertently cheated at the start. Although I set myself up as a Sunday league player I think that I may have accidentally accepted the default training qualifications for Bari. Anyway, I've just started dafuge's challenge instead. I think that may be a bit harder in that you have to start in England so there is a longer ladder to climb but on the other hand it's probably easier because it's not a youth challenge. Good luck to all who are still in this challenge.

How do you all handle transfers which were already in progress when you joined your recently promoted club?  Do you cancel them outright (keeping with the spirit of "no transfers, ever"), or honor any offers made by previous management before you took over?

32 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

How do you all handle transfers which were already in progress when you joined your recently promoted club?  Do you cancel them outright (keeping with the spirit of "no transfers, ever"), or honor any offers made by previous management before you took over?

The policy is, if you can cancel, then do so, if not, it's ok to use the players as normal.

Oh, and post a pic at the takeover date, in order to avoid confusion when posting season summaries.

Edited by XaW