FM19: Hidden Gems

benchester

59 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

@Sysiphus It depends what you want as a Libero to what you count a good one as. I'd argue Pongragic has too low Dribbling for a top team (I'd want 15 at least, and retrain a playmaker like how Ajax did with Frenkie de Jong. In my Freiburg save Dani Olmo was getting good performances in the role). But if you want a natural CD who can actually defend, check out Nicolas Cozza from Montpellier. His only real weakness is 10 Jumping Reach, but given you're playing with 3 CDs you can cover for that. 

I agree - haven't played with a Libero for years now, although it's always fun. I use Pongracic as my backup BPD. Seen Cozza and agree that he's more suited to the role.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

@Sysiphus It depends what you want as a Libero to what you count a good one as. I'd argue Pongragic has too low Dribbling for a top team (I'd want 15 at least, and retrain a playmaker like how Ajax did with Frenkie de Jong. In my Freiburg save Dani Olmo was getting good performances in the role). But if you want a natural CD who can actually defend, check out Nicolas Cozza from Montpellier. His only real weakness is 10 Jumping Reach, but given you're playing with 3 CDs you can cover for that. 

I am scouting  both players to see who will be the better fit.

5 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Nicolas Cozza looks a great shout, lots of time to develop as well. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

1930560103_TomKrau_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.6928c4036698091a0e0e914bb13c24bd.png

Probably find you all know him :lol:

Starts in Leipzigs youth on a youth contract, not sure how gettable he is as I'm playing as Leipzig, but looks very promising.

Is this on the latest db or the original one? Looked for him in my Freiburg save (in 2023) on original and he doesn't exist. So I think either he's variable on that one and it was a weaker one and he's gone already, or he's only in the update

6 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Is this on the latest db or the original one? Looked for him in my Freiburg save (in 2023) on original and he doesn't exist. So I think either he's variable on that one and it was a weaker one and he's gone already, or he's only in the update

I'm on the latest database, so maybe hes only on that.

39 minuti fa, Jonoeliam ha scritto:

I can't find him anywhere in 19.3

That's because he's nowhere to be found in reality, after the world found out his real name is Alassane Traoré and he is 2 years older than what was thought. His agent was arrested in a big scandal

46 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

That's because he's nowhere to be found in reality, after the world found out his real name is Alassane Traoré and he is 2 years older than what was thought. His agent was arrested in a big scandal

Was that ever proven?  It was a couple of years ago, I thought he was medically unfit to play regularly due to having a heart condition but that may be a cover-up of the real reasons.  2 years difference is not a game changer, especially as he was reportedly the victim of human trafficking...

45 minuti fa, Geordieboy52 ha scritto:

Was that ever proven?  It was a couple of years ago, I thought he was medically unfit to play regularly due to having a heart condition but that may be a cover-up of the real reasons.  2 years difference is not a game changer, especially as he was reportedly the victim of human trafficking...

No idea...that's all i could find online. I looked it up after i didn't find him ingame

Scouts found this lad playing in China, got a good review from my Lyon scouts plus raised income by close to £3m a year and considering he only cost £3.7m, that's a cracking deal.  Oh but here's the kicker, he's got Norwegian 2nd nationality so no WP or restrictions for EU clubs!   

1056209468_Screenshot2019-03-30at08_42_23.thumb.png.749e50ec7971c08ef4f063f74e2cc7ee.png

13 ore fa, jopfer ha scritto:

Adam Hlozek and Jérémy Doku look like future stars, can be picked up in the newest patch for cheap and look like they are gonna rule the roost. will keep you updated on progress!

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.56.27.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.56.19.png

Doku must have random attributes, a lot different in my save

19 horas atrás, jopfer disse:

Adam Hlozek and Jérémy Doku look like future stars, can be picked up in the newest patch for cheap and look like they are gonna rule the roost. will keep you updated on progress!

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.56.27.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.56.19.png

Here is Doku in 2023jUTpqdb.pngGot for 15m in 2019

Some other ones I got for cheap and aren't often mentioned:

9Fw8DDm.pngBought for 6,5m in 2020, sold for 60m in 2023

Ci4mmFd.pngBought for 525k in 2019

c3J9ZGq.pngBought for 4,5m in 2019

@Roguienight I wouldn't call Almada a hidden gem, he appears on most of the wonderkids lists you see around the internet.

Rivaldo Coetzee definitely is though, has been for the past 4 years. His report always gives you a bright red "injury problem" icon, yet whenever I've signed him he's worked out fine. 

Best new wonderkids list I've compiled so far, all turn out brilliant in a few test saves. * = highly reccomend.

Kaio Jorge*

sepp van den berg*

Georginio Rutter

Mohamed Daramy

Jack Lahne

jack clarke

Vinícius Popó*

Lucas Lourenço*

Kévin Denkey

Yari Verschaeren*

9 horas atrás, zlatanera disse:

@Roguienight I wouldn't call Almada a hidden gem, he appears on most of the wonderkids lists you see around the internet.

Rivaldo Coetzee definitely is though, has been for the past 4 years. His report always gives you a bright red "injury problem" icon, yet whenever I've signed him he's worked out fine. 

Sorry, didn't catch Almada on those lists, my bad.

Not exactly "hidden" given he's at a top club in a top 5 division, but I cannot sing this guy's praises enough:

135215649_Screenshot2019-04-05at18_32_14.thumb.png.9c59d47214c5953fcb1bc2da383c2af1.png

He's the 3rd best RB at the club at the start of the season but he just performs brilliantly - first as a CWB on the right, and then out of position on the left he's really come alive. No doubt he's helped by our playing style allowing him the space to cut in off the right and ping it top corner like Ronaldo a couple of times, but despite low physicals for a top level full back he never seems to be left behind the play, isn't card-happy despite having to defend against the likes of Mbappe, Messi, Dybala on multiple occasions this save. 

Also he'll most likely be available for a price about half of his valuation in that screenshot from January 2019 onwards if you're not managing Lyon, as they won't play him much given he starts with two guys ahead of him in both full back positions. 

He was brilliant on FM18 too, so I don't think this is just the case of me getting the best out of him one time. 

andreas periera from man u

I got him on loan for leverkusen in 2nd season and he was fantastic the season i had him, corners, freekicks, goals, everything.

Ive just started a new man u save and he has just scored 2 goals in our 2nd game of season. He could keep mata out of the side

I'm in 2026 playing as Lyon and signed this lad from Shakhtar at the beginning of the season - he starts at Bologna.

382542333_Screenshot2019-04-13at11_06_14.thumb.png.042e2d3452bc3bfc659f01abc0e14603.png

I am also playing as Antwerp in Belgium and we have this lad, who stats at Venezia (on loan from Lazio) both are pretty great i must admit.  Rossi was signed for £1.6m.

559328495_Screenshot2019-04-13at11_05_55.thumb.png.2f9a90f9f9f8295adfbf663a9db1b6df.png

On 07/04/2019 at 23:44, pdhmobile said:

andreas periera from man u

I got him on loan for leverkusen in 2nd season and he was fantastic the season i had him, corners, freekicks, goals, everything.

Ive just started a new man u save and he has just scored 2 goals in our 2nd game of season. He could keep mata out of the side

He played above his stats for me as well both at right wing and at AP(s)/Mezzala(a) at MC. Super deadly from set pieces especially. Finished the 1st season with about a 7,45 average even though I used him as a sub quite a bit.

I really rate Adam Rooney of Salford for a lower league start.  He scores around 20-30 goals for the first 2-3 years and isnt very expensive.  Check him out!

I also think that his Salford team mate Lloyd, an attacking left winger, despite having pretty poor stats, works really well as a left winger!

Let me know what you think of them

Simon Le Heffy

https://bit.ly/2GnnWJ3

23 hours ago, sunchymeno9 said:

I really rate Adam Rooney of Salford for a lower league start.  He scores around 20-30 goals for the first 2-3 years and isnt very expensive.  Check him out!

I also think that his Salford team mate Lloyd, an attacking left winger, despite having pretty poor stats, works really well as a left winger!

Let me know what you think of them

Simon Le Heffy

https://bit.ly/2GnnWJ3

He should do mate - was playing the the Scottish Premiership and Europe last season with Aberdeen and before Salford's money came calling.

Been pretty inactive in here due to not having the time to play. Tried to continue my old Salford save but just couldn't get into it knowing the new update was out and have once again gone for Salford.

I've picked up a couple of real quality Spanish players from the lower leagues and I'll drop the names of these in later, they're definitely worth a look from the first season.

4 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

He should do mate - was playing the the Scottish Premiership and Europe last season with Aberdeen and before Salford's money came calling.

That explains why he always gets offers from north of the border after the first season.  He's really difficult to keep hold of

3 hours ago, SirCular said:

Been pretty inactive in here due to not having the time to play. Tried to continue my old Salford save but just couldn't get into it knowing the new update was out and have once again gone for Salford.

I've picked up a couple of real quality Spanish players from the lower leagues and I'll drop the names of these in later, they're definitely worth a look from the first season.

pond is another good player for salford for me

7 hours ago, SirCular said:

In terms of the players mentioned - Miguel Real and Eric Llopis. Miguel Real is an AMC from Silva in the Lower Leagues and Eric Llopis is a Winger from Binefar. Both available on free transfers and are easily good enough for a few leagues above.

Archived