Anyone see the regens yet?

They are present in beta and looks quite decent IMO. Some looks  little weird but anything is better than regens changing race every single save reload in FM18 (hope this isn't the case in FM19)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb GoldenGoal:

Someone posted this image in the feedback section; that's the only one I've seen so far.

22222.png.c39e6ab2e7185295eb91ff89fa8512

However, someone already posted a bug with asian regen faces which is worrisome.

This is nothing new, there is a general problem with Asian regen faces for years.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb GoldenGoal:

How so? I've played in Kazakhstan (FM15) and Singapore (FM16) a while ago and faces looked appropriate to me.

It was an issue in FM 2018 and I think also in FM 2017. A lot of the faces did not look asian.

9 minutes ago, GoldenGoal said:

Someone posted this image in the feedback section; that's the only one I've seen so far.

22222.png.c39e6ab2e7185295eb91ff89fa8512

Also cortesy of Per Annum.

22222.png.90652ccd3a13bf3c383cdeb7fa3ccf

----------------------------

However, someone already posted a bug with asian regen faces which is worrisome.

Still crap then, at least the big old slabhead isn't there. SI needs to Terminate Contact whatever production company is in charge of the disfigured regen experiment since 2017.

YLL6rDh.jpg

Newgen faces have been awful the last two years and are as bad this year, The faces a few years ago were hardly photorealistic but honestly they were adequate for the job they were/are meant to be doing and every year before that they'd also been adequate. The natural progression was giving us better each year but honestly I'd be ok now with the same faces from when I first played a modern FM in about 2009.

Classic case of if ain't broke, break it.

8 minutes ago, SpurrBeeversWoodBuxton said:

Newgen faces have been awful the last two years and are as bad this year, The faces a few years ago were hardly photorealistic but honestly they were adequate for the job they were/are meant to be doing and every year before that they'd also been adequate. The natural progression was giving us better each year but honestly I'd be ok now with the same faces from when I first played a modern FM in about 2009.

Classic case of if ain't broke, break it.

You also used to be able to use custom facepacks for regens (from NFL/NHL youth players for example), but they disabled compatibility! Hopefully you can do it this year, but I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting you can tick a box that takes out regen faces and leaves it blank instead.

But then I won't be able to imagine the tears streaming down the face of a 17 year old regen whose whole life has revolved around football since he could walk and you are telling him he's not good enough for a new contract in the Conference North. 

Here's a few more, I'm starting to dislike their look honestly. Some faces look fine but others look awful. Anybody that has the beta can please post asian and african regens so we can take a look?

Very similar look on these guys, the first face also seems to have bizarre proportions. A very tiny beard and chin.

image.png.91f4c8022f924db21edec6909c7833

image.png.7f5b8309dd55e7682a27208678f8c59c.pngimage.png.05104e9f15bb9a2b1b6c99953f8b9792.png

They're ugly but 'good' ugly, in the sense that they seem to have more personality than their horrible FM18 counterparts. I'd be ok with them if there was more variety and diversity which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case atm. External hair packs would help a lot here for more variation and personality, I'm afraid those times are gone though which is a shame as default hair styles once again appear to be very weak.

16 minutes ago, GoldenGoal said:

Here's a few more, I'm starting to dislike their look honestly. Some faces look fine but others look awful. Anybody that has the beta can please post asian and african regens so we can take a look?

Very similar look on these guys, the first face also seems to have bizarre proportions. A very tiny beard and chin.

image.png.7f5b8309dd55e7682a27208678f8c59c.pngimage.png.05104e9f15bb9a2b1b6c99953f8b9792.png

They all look dopey as heck :lol:

Was very much hoping to upgrade from 16 this year to 19 but the newgen/regen faces seen thus far just aren't good enough, those ones above all look like have man flu.

Heard they were due to be much better than in 18, sure that they may be but that doesn't make them good or even something I am willing to cope with.

Sure I could turn them off but for me I am a very visual person and to get into a long term save it's really vital for immersion.

Sadly seems i'll be going back to my Rubin Kazan save on FM16, which has manageable faces to deal with thanks to addition of some hair pack, please do something for FM20, I even play a baseball management sim with better newgen faces.

Hopefully haven't seen enough and am wrong mind.

7 hours ago, GoldenGoal said:

Were they all modelled on Ruud van Nistelrooy? "What's with the long face?" :D

8 hours ago, GoldenGoal said:

Completely agree with you. They all look so similar, no real defining differences. I just don't understand how it went so down hill since FM2017.

I would be interested to see what a model designer has to say about this.

disappointing

I won't be trying too many long saves with these regens looking like this

I understand that Sometimes you have to go backward in order to go forward but we are on the third edition of the game where the Regens arent varied enough/ look like they came from the same family tree.  SI ought to rethink the idea of making regens 3d instead of 2d if they are not going implement it in a way that's an actual improvement over what we had in fm16.  What's the point in implementing a feature that uses more resources but provides less quality?  They already had an efficient system for creating varied looks while giving us the ability to add hairstyles in FM16 but have failed to offer anything that comes close since

à l’instant, phnompenhandy a dit :

It's not a gamebreaker though. In the Graphics forum you'll find packs that replace regens with facepacks. What worked for FM17 and 18 ought to work for FM19.

It's not but it is a very important detail me and i'm highly unhappy SI doesn't listen to consumers. People have been complaining about regen faces for 3 years.

I don't want replacement packs, there is not enough variety. 

2 minutes ago, ClemB said:

It's not but it is a very important detail me and i'm highly unhappy SI doesn't listen to consumers. People have been complaining about regen faces for 3 years.

I don't want replacement packs, there is not enough variety. 

I agree that it's disappointing and frustrating especially when they had it about right 3 years ago, but for me the tactical innovations are exciting enough to play the game anyway. Fan-created skins and other graphics tend to compensate for deficiencies in the "out-of-the-box" version of the game.

I want to be as positive as possible as I can understand this is a hard aspect of the game for SI to figure out :). But judging on those screenshots I see here I almost feel we are taking a stap back since last FM. The faces look very similar, very odd seen their length, I mean some people have a long face but not all. And the size of the upper lip also seems a little bit out of proportion. Lastly it is noticeable that these faces seem to have a 'drugged' look in their eyes like some people already point out here. 

For me the biggest question will always remain why did they change the original regen-faces they had in FM 2012 - FM 2016. I believe the changed it do going from 2D to 3D? But why is this important at all? If the FM-user prefers 2D regen faces, then stay with that. I can also imagine that is easier to work with for the guys at SI although this I something I could be wrong about. 

I imagine they went with 3d because of the modular implementation. Plus having the regen faces in 3d correlate with its parent design. Having a regen face appear 2d and 3d in the match engine just doesn’t work. 

I’m disappointed also with the improvements though and this has actually put me off buying this year. I’ve had a copy every year since 12. They need much better 3d artists. 

11 minutes ago, pdstanbridge said:

I’m disappointed also with the improvements though and this has actually put me off buying this year. I’ve had a copy every year since 12. They need much better 3d artists. 

I've had every FM up to FM15! Loved FM all the way up to FM12.

FM13 - hated it. FM14 - hated it. FM15 (got fit for FREE) - hated it. FM16 Demo - Hated it. FM17 Demo  - hated it. FM18 - didn't even try demo.

Better 3d arists? They need to partner with a 3d face generation software company - if they haven't already. There's plenty out there. If they already did this, then they need to find a new one. 

I think it's more complicated. They used a licensed copy of FaceGen las year, and anyone can download a demo. It's actually pretty good, but this year i'm not so sure. Somebody said to me last year that one reaon why the regen faces are so rudimentary is to do with hardware specs. Thousands of high quality 3d regen faces would kill peformance apparently. But all this is speculation of course. I just wish someone in the know would actually speak to us about it. Explain why it is so difficult to implement.

22 minutes ago, pdstanbridge said:

I think it's more complicated. They used a licensed copy of FaceGen las year, and anyone can download a demo. It's actually pretty good, but this year i'm not so sure. Somebody said to me last year that one reaon why the regen faces are so rudimentary is to do with hardware specs. Thousands of high quality 3d regen faces would kill peformance apparently. But all this is speculation of course. I just wish someone in the know would actually speak to us about it. Explain why it is so difficult to implement.

FaceGen should be able to create much better things than what FM has brought in the last years concerning regens :). That thousand of quality 3D regens would influence performance I can completely understand, but then SI should have perhaps have decided against the use of 3D regens as I previously pointed out. Most people used to like the regens in let's say the FM versions between 2010 until 2016, that is to say that the complaining was never as big as it is since FM 2017 came out. So why change something that seems be to working fine? 

FaceGen is actually rather good. I've had a little play, and have produced what I consider superior regen faces in a matter of minutes. Obviously they need a 3d mesh and such like to appear in game. which I guess is where the problems stem.

I'm not condoning what they have done but I can understand the issues that arise as a result of implementing new tech. For what it's worth I think the faces this year are better than last years, but the ability to modify the hair to make it more realistic would really add immersion, and would certainly convince me to invest.

On 18/10/2018 at 23:58, GoldenGoal said:

I've just had a quick look around Asia in my 2030 holiday save and yeah...

LzDAXUB.png

I think this is what they call "whitewashing" in the film biz. Sort it out please fellas.

1 hora atrás, Bran66 disse:

LzDAXUB.png

I think this is what they call "whitewashing" in the film biz. Sort it out please fellas.

Ah, there we go. Thanks for helping me decide to skip yet another version of FM. Perhaps I'll buy again in 2026, 10 years after the almost perfect FM2016 faces; maybe by then SI will remember how to work with facegen again.

4 hours ago, Bran66 said:

LzDAXUB.png

Could you show us black or African/Caribbean regens please

Archived