Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

5 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

I've spotted a bug. FM is making Arsenal's most Wenger-worshipping fan play hoofball with Man Utd.

:lol: I've finally seen the error of my ways, all that fliffy flaffy passy wassy nonsense from Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Ljungerg etc isn't entertainment. Park the bus and bash it long to McTominay… that's what it's all about, giving the fans value for money. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If they ever add difficulty levels to FM, that would be me finished with the series. 

Agreed. That and being able to use your wage money on other things like buying clubs and becoming chairman lol

4 hours ago, MrPompey said:

add this to the Ipswich thread in the database and research section. Do it quickly and it should get resolved before release

I've posted it in the contract part of the pre-release bug forum.  I'm purchasing him from Ipswich but he's stuck in limbo it seems.

5 minutes ago, Armistice said:

Agreed. That and being able to use your wage money on other things like buying clubs and becoming chairman lol

Its not about a difficulty setting with multiple choice, and he knows that. 

Its about identifying if the AI are at a massive disadvantage because they have a heavy bias to choose a poor tactical preset and maybe just tweaking one role in that preset, or changing the way AI managers select a formation, might make the game a little more challenging. 

I want the AI to continually get better in tactics, man management, squad building, looking after player condition etc... Seems like something has significantly shifted the balance on match day. Im not having many diffficult matches at all, even when conditions (player match ups, tactical match ups, in game events like red card) are in the opponents favour. 

Regen faces then. Certainly an upgrade on last year, that's for sure, but not as good as years gone by. I've just d/loaded the DF11 skin, so the faces are a lot bigger. Not too horrific, but they have dropped the ball on this in recent editions. 

regenface.PNG

1 minute ago, RocheBag said:

In years past the faces were just 2d pictures that had no impact on anything else. The system they implemented last year is a fully 3d in game face, where the face on the profile is the same face the player has in the match engine.

Aye, I know that, but the 2d faces looked much better, and let's be honest, when do you ever really see their faces during a game? It's not like FIFA or PES where you get big close ups regularly. It's a change that wasn't needed IMO. 

6 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Does anyone else get "feels there is a lack of depth in X" when you're overstocked with quality and numbers in that area?

I believe multiple people already mentioned this. You might want to check the  Beta Bug Report forum (Dynamics)  to see if any of them actually made a report already

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Aye, I know that, but the 2d faces looked much better, and let's be honest, when do you ever really see their faces during a game? It's not like FIFA or PES where you get big close ups regularly. It's a change that wasn't needed IMO. 

I agree. I think a lot of people don't know the reason behind the change so I figured I'd just point it out. 

2 hours ago, pats said:

This is Bremen (me, predicted to finish 12th) vs Wolfsburg (predicted to finish 7th) in the 7th game of my first Bundesliga season. As you can see, they had:

0 shots on target

0 shots off target

0 blocked

0 woodwork

0 half chances

0 clear cut chances

0 long shots

They also had 41% possession and 490 attempted passes in total, so it's not like I just kept the ball for the 90 minutes. They had a red card but that was in the 71st minute. Something is making teams overpowered very quickly after starting the season. Too easy?? Very much so in my opinion.

I would like to add that I have done nothing extra-ordinary (no cheats or exploits whatsoever, never download them). Just my own very simple balanced 5-3-1-1 system against a superior opponent. May be training effect is overpowered? May be AI just can't handle the high intensity pressing? 

Having said all that, the ME is best by far. The defending now is very realistic and if the issue of AI becoming weak very quickly/humans becoming overpowered very quickly is fixed, this will the best FM in the series by far.

Bremen_Wolfsburg.thumb.png.2b30c7a698424bcfb1d42632ead4be6c.png

Alright so an update on this. Playing with same tactic, in the next match we faced Schalke away (who were top of the league). They absolutely smashed us but we held our nerves, scored a goal on the counter and won the game 0-1, classic Mourinho style. Really liked what I saw. Schalke didn't give us anything. Very challenging and difficult match.

I think the current difficulty issue could be about in-form teams being too powerful. Btw, I'm just trying to find out what could be causing teams to go on unbeaten runs.

Oh and they got frustrated in the end and broke my best player's (Gebre Selassie) leg which has ruled him out for 4-5 months. Beautiful!

Screenshot:

Schalke-Bremen.thumb.png.65313a3ba7c6a3e77f521088f568b36d.png

Edited by pats

Regarding the injuries & I'm in the same boat seeing a high number of frustrating injuries but I've 3 saves on the go, Celtic, Liverpool & Bayern

Celtic, I'm not playing a high intensity tactic & not getting anything above normal injuries

Liverpool, I'm playing a high intensity tactic but don't use it for 90 mins each game & my ass man has a lot of rest on the training schedule. I'm probably getting the normal amount of injuries in this save

Bayern, a high intensity tactic, can't remember what the ass man does for training & getting a fair few injuries on this one, two of the casualties are Robben & Ribery so that doesn't surprise me much 

Are people going balls the wall with tactics & training to get above normal injuries as in high intensity or are the players getting some rest-bite somethwere?

13 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Regarding the injuries & I'm in the same boat seeing a high number of frustrating injuries but I've 3 saves on the go, Celtic, Liverpool & Bayern

Celtic, I'm not playing a high intensity tactic & not getting anything above normal injuries

Liverpool, I'm playing a high intensity tactic but don't use it for 90 mins each game & my ass man has a lot of rest on the training schedule. I'm probably getting the normal amount of injuries in this save

Bayern, a high intensity tactic, can't remember what the ass man does for training & getting a fair few injuries on this one, two of the casualties are Robben & Ribery so that doesn't surprise me much 

Are people going balls the wall with tactics & training to get above normal injuries as in high intensity or are the players getting some rest-bite somethwere?

I'm not having any issues with injuries as well. I'm currently managing the training myself and keep the training intensity normal/balanced. Normal and expected injuries so far. No problem.

14 hours ago, tkg said:
14 hours ago, toffee71 said:

It only happens after the ball has gone out of play for a goal-kick, from a dead ball essentially

Yeah, it was dead ball situations I was looking out for, still no split from my team at any point. I've isolated the relevant passes in the screenshot. Real Madrid always split from a reset, even when the GK decided to distribute to the fullback instead.

I have to retract that previous statement, as I have just noticed it happen for the first time with the ball in gk hands. Here is my possession and transition setup.

transition.thumb.jpg.b55e7afb6626c04142fd5fcf4f32a623.jpgpossession.thumb.jpg.14ccf77025c193417547f871a33d6ddd.jpg

26 minutes ago, pats said:

Alright so an update on this. Playing with same tactic, in the next match we faced Schalke away (who were top of the league). They absolutely smashed us but we held our nerves, scored a goal on the counter and won the game 0-1, classic Mourinho style. Really liked what I saw. Schalke didn't give us anything. Very challenging and difficult match.

I think the current difficulty issue could be about in-form teams being too powerful. Btw, I'm just trying to find out what could be causing teams to go on unbeaten runs.

Oh and they got frustrated in the end and broke my best player's (Gebre Selassie) leg which has ruled him out for 4-5 months. Beautiful!

Screenshot:

Schalke-Bremen.thumb.png.65313a3ba7c6a3e77f521088f568b36d.png

I think the more concerning part is Schalke having 73 crosses. can you show the analysis of this cross locations? 

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Yeah so many crosses. I hope they can get the balance right for release. 73 crosses while playing 3-5-2? 1 cross every 50 seconds of the match?  Weird stuff

mah it's just the game interpretation of a cross ;)

10 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Yeah so many crosses. I hope they can get the balance right for release. 73 crosses while playing 3-5-2? 1 cross every 50 seconds of the match?  Weird stuff

73 crosses in 90 minutes is 1 every 50 seconds?  Think you need to redo your maths, although agreed it does still seem high

1 minute ago, IMT said:

73 crosses in 90 minutes is 1 every 50 seconds?  Think you need to redo your maths, although agreed it does still seem high

yeah but if you include Bremen crosses you almost get cross/minute. for example irl Schalke needs almost 3,5 games to attempt some 60 crosses (corners  excluded). 

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

One every 80 seconds is still high. Maybe it could be normal in lower tiers of english football not in bundesliga.

3 minutes ago, Mitja said:

yeah but if you include Bremen crosses you almost get cross/minute. for example irl Schalke needs almost 3,5 games to attempt some 60 crosses (corners  excluded). 

Is David Moyes is part of the staff there? United managed 81 crosses in one game v Fulham under Moyes

Edited by bboy

it's between 15-20 crosses on avereage in all top leagues. for example Borussia Dortmund has only 14 crosses/game this season according to whoscored.com. 

even if you add 20% of crosses which are not considered as such by whoscored and are by FM you stll get some 20-25 crosses/game, not 50 or 60...

Edited by Mitja

1 minute ago, Mitja said:

it's between 15-20 crosses on avereage in all top leagues. for example Borussia Dortmund has only 14 crosses/game this season according to whoscored.com. 

And we've already pointed out that we can't verify where whoscored are getting their metrics from (because it doesn't look like other) especially when so many goal sources are marked as other. 

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

And we've already pointed out that we can't verify where whoscored are getting their metrics from (because it doesn't look like other) especially when so many goal sources are marked as other. 

lol nice try we've been through that. try to watch a couple of games on full and you will understand what's going on.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

@Seb Wassell hi Seb, just wondering if there is a current list of known issues being worked on?

In particular, whats the vibe from SI about the feedback concerning game difficulty (being too easy)?

I'm coming to the end of my first season and on current track look like i will get a full sweep of trophies. In isolation i would be happy with my season... But having read feedback from others it outs doubt in mind, and if i really analyse my season, i feel a bit like ive breezed through it... I'm utd so should do well, i have high rep, world class players, ive been relatively injury free and ive picked a solid 442 with decent roles etc... So its not unrealistic... But still can't help but feel its been easier than it should have been. I. E. I play lukaku as TM-s and he has goal per 111 mins... Which is fine, but my backup TM is Mctominay (a raw cm) who im shoe horning in because of his work rate, teamwork and physique. He has 11 goals in 16 starts 15 sub apps.. (but has probably been bbm for 50% of apps) 

I know I'm not Seb, but will answer your first question - for that kind of thing, we're always working on trying to make the game better and address any issues raised within the community. However compiling such a list would be quite a demand on resources which really for the benefit of the game would be better spent elsewhere at this time. 

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I know I'm not Seb, but will answer your first question - for that kind of thing, we're always working on trying to make the game better and address any issues raised within the community. However compiling such a list would be quite a demand on resources which really for the benefit of the game would be better spent elsewhere at this time. 

Cheers Neil, half-bob Seb:D, appreciate the response. It was more to gauge which areas we can stop submitting bugs about, which you need more info on, and if some perceived issues havent been logged at all... But ill have a trawl through the bug section later to get a better feel for it (p. S. The list exists! Your devs arent picking willy nilly what areas to work on... Theres an issue log of sorts out there with impact and priority etc... Its just missing a customer friendly column which could be exported at ease to the community overnight *feature request! *) 

I keep getting complaints about my individual training assignments from the same 4/5 [layers. So I change them and still they complain. How do you find out what the best individual training is for a player, pot luck! 

Any help appreciated, am I missing something or is this an issue.

Cheers

I'm 33 and have been playing FM/CM since I was about 8 (so pretty much its entire lifetime).

Just some quick thoughts..

Booted up the beta and first impressions very good, love the new tactics , much easier and simpler to tune and understand. The interface is smooth and looks good.

The only 2 real issues I have (and i'm afraid if they remain are deal breakers for me) and will stop me playing are:

1) 90% of my goals come from crosses or a scramble in the box after a cross

2) Its too easy, i've let in 2 goals all season with Arsenal come late December and haven't lost a game (including City and Liverpool away)

Just my 2 cents. Cheers

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

73 crosses by Schalke i dont think ive seen more before. 

1 hour ago, IMT said:

It's my tactics people. I can't blame the ME here. I'm happy with what I saw.

Schalke were playing a narrow formation and were in red hot form (top of the league), so I defended very narrow and conceded the wings on purpose by completely shutting down the center. They had no other way to breach my defence so they went cross crazy which my two decent jumpers (Langkamp and Veljkovic) just about handled. My GK Pavlenka is also 6'5". All their chances were from headers mostly. With the ball, we tried to be patient as I have a highly technical midfield and forward line. You can see that from 58% possession.

I would also like to add that their manager Dominico Tedesco has an 'Attacking' playing mentality, 'More Urgent' pressing style, and 'Uses intense pressing', 'Uses counter pressing' as tendencies. You now have an idea how they like to play in FM.

Edited by pats

1 minute ago, Mitja said:

no ME changes then?

As in the announcements and this one too, the hot fixes are mainly for stability reasons... crashes and the like, although one or two other things are also fixed.

14 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

As in the announcement, hot fixes are for stability reasons... crashes and the like.

Cheers thanks for the hotfix.

ps where is the best place to discuss individual training. read the guide but  need other type of help!

Thanks

Just now, Kazza said:

Cheers thanks for the hotfix.

ps where is the best place to discuss individual training. read the guide but  need other type of help!

Thanks

In the tactics and training section. There are already threads on training etc there. Have a look.  https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

I’ve had to give in with individual training and just leave it to my assistant now. I had a load of players individual training set to where I think would benefit them the most. It’s not always a weakness, sometimes it’s being to try and strengthen a strong point even further but I’m getting awful responses from players with their training because the deem the training not benefitial because it’s “no longer a weak point”. Sat in 6th place with palace and have my squad happiness in the red because of this :seagull:

52 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've just put out the 19.0.3 Hotfix. Again mainly for stability fixes, but also an update to the Dark Skin. Details below:

Any chance we will see an ME update coming days? It would benefit SI as well to have a better balanced and extra tested ME before November 2nd. 

No offence to anyone using the light or purple skin... The Dark skin just feels so much nicer on the eye! exactly what you want with a game like this where you're spending hours playing!

The purple skin just looks like something you used for winamp back in 2000!!!  And i really don't know who would use the light skin unless you have an eye of steel! Painful!

Does @Ter still make skins???

1 hora atrás, Dagenham_Dave disse:

Not happy with this update, I preferred the scouting cards on the dark skin to have the white background, looked much nicer, SI pandering to the moaners once again...

Did you read the announcement? The issue you deny that exists is acknowledged... again.

39 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

I’ve had to give in with individual training and just leave it to my assistant now. I had a load of players individual training set to where I think would benefit them the most. It’s not always a weakness, sometimes it’s being to try and strengthen a strong point even further but I’m getting awful responses from players with their training because the deem the training not benefitial because it’s “no longer a weak point”. Sat in 6th place with palace and have my squad happiness in the red because of this :seagull:

i had similar problems with training in the first year with arsenal ..... 4th in premier, won fa cup, carling and euro cup (final vs chelsea :D), but the whole season had problems with individual training with players and coaches giving feedback of "no longer a weakeness", individual training is not only to fix weakneses and this is affecting the development of players a lot.

also i think there is a problem with positional training, i been using ozil as MC advanced playmaker .. whole first season ... still only competent at MC and i can only train him as advanced playmaker support because if i select attacking the training defaults to "mc playing position", same problem happens with iwobi and every player in my squad, with iwobi i can only select winger . support, if i select winger attack the training never gets selected and defaults to "am(l) playing position". ( you can see this in the screenshots )

the problem with the positions is big, the whole season had problems with happiness of individual training being no longer a weakness ... and a lot of  players complaining that i didnt have enough depth in midfield, i had ozil, ramsey, elneny, torreira, xhaka, Guendouzi, Lucas Paquetá and  de Ligt, i play 4-1-4-1 dm deep, had at least two good players for each position in the midfield

DMC  deep lying playmaker support: torreira/de light/elneny

MCR deep laying playmaker support ramsey/Elneny/Guendouzi

MCL advanced playmaker attack ozil/Lucas Paquetá/xhaka

pd: sorry for the bad english.

2018-10-25 13_27_57-.png

2018-10-25 13_42_24-Window.png

Edited by kertiek