Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 1 Minute schrieb NabsKebabs:

Waiting for mine to download.

How is the UI this year guys? I was one of the many people complaining about all the extra clicks last year (eventually got used to it anyway).

In about 10 minutes you will know it.

• SI Staff
42 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

I have just noticed something and I am not sure if this is intended. 

The widget at home page (such as finance salary, scouting centre, pending transfers etc) is constantly changing around. Is this intended or should I report this as a bug? 

This is intentional (to an extent). By default they will change depending on the situation - so during a transfer window you'll get the subpanels related to finances & scouting, during the season it'll be league tables & statistics etc. Differences before and after a match too.

If you want it how it was last year - i.e. static and retaining whatever customisations you want to make to it, then there's a preference in Preferences -> Interface that you can untick called "Highlight Important Panels on Overview". However, unticking this is not fully working in this beta and is being reviewed by the dev team currently to fix. So they will change for now.

Just now, Jack Deal said:

This is intentional (to an extent). By default they will change depending on the situation - so during a transfer window you'll get the subpanels related to finances & scouting, during the season it'll be league tables & statistics etc. Differences before and after a match too.

If you want it how it was last year - i.e. static and retaining whatever customisations you want to make to it, then there's a preference in Preferences -> Interface that you can untick called "Highlight Important Panels on Overview". However, unticking this is not fully working in this beta and is being reviewed by the dev team currently to fix. So they will change for now.

Oh that explains a lot. Cheers for the way to fix it. Will keep it in mind when it officially release in November then. :thup:

Played for a couple hours

First impression very good.

Training looks interesting af but quite overwhelming. I bet that once Rashidi drops his guide things will start to fall in place and I'll probably spend a lot of time playing around with it. Same goes for the new mentoring system.

Was sceptical about the purple at first but apart from the gf saying purple and red is an absolute no-no every time she walks by I don't even notice anymore and it does seem easy on the eyes.

Match engine looks great so far, slightly cross heavy here but that is partly my tactics. Intersting to see how a center heavy formation behaves later on.

Slowly getting used to the UI which feels great overall. Customizing screen layouts with the new dividers is the best UI addition in years.

Newgens though... I understand that the way they are generated now as apposed to editions a couple of years ago is probably due to the fact that they are eventually supposed to be used in a future version of the 3d engine, but they are still not quite there yet imho

Looks like awesome work again though, and good for way to many hours of entertainment this year

Thank you!

Edited by waldywaldy

Generated faces look disturbing - is there a way to turn them off?

Also feels cross-heavy, waldy; I'm playing a narrow 4-4-2 diamond. 

There have been some improbable slides, including Mkhitaryan sliding his way off the pitch after a knee injury.  And during the "hold knee, writhe in pain" animation, Mkhitaryan's head was clipping through his chest and visible through his back. 

Just now, Sunstrikuuu said:

Generated faces look disturbing - is there a way to turn them off?

Also feels cross-heavy, waldy; I'm playing a narrow 4-4-2 diamond. 

There have been some improbable slides, including Mkhitaryan sliding his way off the pitch after a knee injury.  And during the "hold knee, writhe in pain" animation, Mkhitaryan's head was clipping through his chest and visible through his back. 

Yeah that definitely sound like a ME bug. Might be best to report this. 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I picked Valladolid which was the weakest club in La Liga and the club was predicted by media to finish the last place (20th).

After 27 matches in the league I was sitting the 9th place which was far above expectation and I still got sacked :eek: 

fm19-0001.png

Please raise it on the bugs forum. Also if you happen to have a save game just before you got sacked would be extremely useful for our testing team to figure out what happened. You can upload saves easily to our Cloud here - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

There seem to be a bunch of animations - some for ball receiving, others for tackling - that look like they're missing frames.  A player will go from standing straight up and down to being mid-tackle without anything in between, and player models have some flicker during certain actions.  Anyone else seeing anything like this?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

There seem to be a bunch of animations - some for ball receiving, others for tackling - that look like they're missing frames.  A player will go from standing straight up and down to being mid-tackle without anything in between, and player models have some flicker during certain actions.  Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Please raise it within the Match Engine bugs forum and our team can take a look. Thanks. 

Neil, as my internet is prehistoric and my BETA is still downloading (and will be, for quite some time) can you please let me know if the world coach of the year award has been included in the game?

You may recall a discussion we had in an earlier thread about why it was missing in FM18.

In the Units screen in the new training module the goalkeeping unit takes up waaaaaay to much of the screen. Most people will have 2 or 3 GKs max and this way I'll have to use a scroll bar to go through my defensive unit which might hold 10-20 players

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, DrIgz said:

Neil, as my internet is prehistoric and my BETA is still downloading (and will be, for quite some time) can you please let me know if the world coach of the year award has been included in the game?

You may recall a discussion we had in an earlier thread about why it was missing in FM18.

Unfortunately no, it's not in the game. It is something in our features database, but the functionality is actually quite a bit more complicated than you'd think. Hopefully we'll have the development time to add it at some point in the future.

Sorry about that. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Unfortunately no, it's not in the game. It is something in our features database, but the functionality is actually quite a bit more complicated than you'd think. Hopefully we'll have the development time to add it at some point in the future.

Sorry about that. 

Disappointing to hear, but thanks for the reply.

I look forward to seeing it in the future!

Finally, I've managed to go through freezes and crushes and finished the 1st season in La Liga.

In order not to cause any distraction I picked the weakest team in the leagues(Valladolid) so all grandes such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid were under AI control.

I’m sure that many people also will be interested to know how things stand in FM19 Beta when it comes “eagle point of view” on things and how it compared with real life football.

Here are some my observations on the data below:

- Barcelona didn't play possession football and its average possession at the end of the season was only 55%

- Barcelona and Real Madrid had almost the same amount of possession(about 55%) as Huesca, Girona and other small clubs at the end of the season which is very unrealistic

- The top clubs scored very low amount of goals during the season, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid scored only about 65 goals at the end of the season

- The top clubs didn't show any dominance, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid got only about 76 points and the end of the season  

- Messi made 19 appearances in the league and scored only 7 goals

LEAGUE TABLE

fm19-0002.png

POSSESSION STATS

fm19-0003.png

MESSI'S STATS

fm19-0004.png

5 hours ago, janesy20 said:

So not included at all even when the full game is released? Jesus if I knew that was a trade off for the Bundesliga license you shouldn't have bothered!!

It'll be a five-minute fix for an editor in the Editor's Hideaway - lurk over there after Nov 2nd.

So far noticed the still kicking the ball for no reason against another players legs from 3 yards is still there from last year, also the shooting is terrible, players with high rating for shooting blasting it miles from 10 yards out. Passing seems crisper, shots are fairly sharp and the ball movement is a lot better, more swerve in it.

4 hours ago, king_karl said:

Just went onto the set piece menu, the set-piece takers are pre-selected but they are also selected alongside some players who don't play for me. Interesting. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 21.16.54.png

That was mentioned as a bug that they are sorting

I really like the user interface this year. Some excellent work has gone into it. I really like the style and the small details. I can’t wait for the game files, so I can mod the game properly. One thing that I don’t like is the fact that the tactics pitch is on the left. I prefer it on the right. Seems weird too me. 

1213.png

So switch the tactics and the information on the right around. I suppose I will change it later when we get access to the files. 

Well I'm loving the game so far. Not too impressed with the mentoring though. I was hoping it would be great, moving away from the one-on-one thing to groups. 

4 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Players actually have to train and spend time together to mentor one another. In reality players outside of the same squad very rarely spend time together.

3 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

In reality your experienced 32yr old centre back is very unlikely to interact with your fresh from the academy 16yr old right back. He probably doesn't even know/care who he is. In mentoring we've retained the ability to have players work and learn from one another but brought in more realism and removed some of the slightly exploitative aspects of the old system.

Yes, I get what you're saying, and would agree with the U18s. But in game, we're forever told that the first team and U23s train together, that's why the coaches duties have to be the same for both, and why U23 coaches are selectable on first team duties etc. So it would make sense in game to at least allow U23 players to be in the same mentoring groups as the first team (unless this has changed and U23s are separate from the first team now? I'm tired and can't recall now). Otherwise we're literally going to have to have all players from all squads in the first team*, and just made available for their respective squads.

*Maybe not all at once, as there's just going to be too many youngsters to effectively mentor all at once, but at some point I try to improve the mentality at least of even the worst players so they're more likely to fulfil their potential at another club.

How are people finding injuries?  I'm not usually one to complain but I've just had three midfielders get injured in one game and I'm currently without 9 players from a 24 man squad.

Feel like I've just been unlucky.  In the Championship, I have 9, two have 8, two have 7 but on the flip side there's a team without any, 5 with only 2.  Luck of the draw I guess.

Edited by SpillBlood

Hope this hasn't been mentioned but why must the match overview panel on the schedule window be so wide? It takes up a lot of room from the fixtures.

I've had to really cramp up the columns to fit in what I would have had showing easy in FM18. There's a lot of wasted space there.

schedule window.png

First first impressions:

Thank you for adding the Game Setup load/save function!

Something I don't like is the fact I can't select body type for my manager. I am some 100 kilograms of muscles in real life, but if I use that weight to my manager he looks like a meatball. Not a big issue, but maybe something to consider for the future.

I'll be back with more when I've actually played the game.

Yeah, i like that you now can save the game Setup!

Trikot Designs still not be the same in many cases ingame (3d match) than they appear in the Editor as there are design and colour channel swaps!

Light Skin has some text with white letters/numbers on almost white/light background you can not read (like in the Manager introduction interview etc.)!

Trikot Designs still missing a save option!

Faces are even more ugly than last year (last year i was able to make a face losely resembling to my real world appearance - completely impossible this year)!!!

Game UI quite a bit is slower so far...i switched to english language from german and it appeared to be a a tad less slow (english UI quicker than german UI?)...

Miss the 3rd german league much - bcs that it where i usually start my Create a Club Career!!!

I would even start in the 4th german league is there would be one...like to build a club from the ground up!

Thats it so far...

Thx for FM2019 :)

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

POSSESSION STATS

fm19-0003.png

Seems I was wrong (last sentence). :D But surely the most curious thing if compared to real life is how Valladolid manage to outpossess them all! 

Hopefully behind the scenes things go a bit deeper than a purely statistical analysis. I'd imagine take a look at the AI's duty distribution outright. Realistically, some duties in particular need to be locked for the style "presets" to work for the human players also. Can already see masses of players being influenced by the "garbage/no football logics/exploit" no defend duty tactics on community sites such as FMBase, yet still expect their side to play bootiful tiki-taka. As of the AI, if you ask me, it must field at least one midfield pivot truly in the centre of the park at all times, like in this legacy video below with Mascherano and Busquets holding the centre of the park. Easy outlets for actually retention and to shift things deeper. This holds true to FM, and I'd argue in football. I'd also take a look at a) how AI does regularly start matches. And b) how they change things up when scorelines change. It may be the b) part that could be to blame, who knows, as AI manages matches dynamically. Then again, there could be just an issue with the AI chosing the "wrong" style sets. 

As of Messi likewise. His SOT conversion is about fine (1 in 4), but his overall shot conversion (1 in 9) looks suspicious if he was fielded as a centrish forward out of the bat. At roughly shots 3.7 per match, he has less attempts than his real life counterpart (5+) in general. In previous levels of AI, you wouldn't ever get an AI managed side that focused on funneling attempts to a single player as much as real life Madrid/Tottenham etc. do/did likewise. Maybe that's for the better, as it has its flipside if the majority of all chances fall to a single player once that player goes a bit on a dry spell. Ask Zidane. :D 

Edited by Svenc

Finished first season with Leeds. Fairly easy title once I put a Guardiola (HB / f9 / Wbs) tactic on. No signings, lots of unsuitable players for roles and I only dropped points if there was a send-off. 

Pros:

- Playing out from the back looks real now! 

- The passing choices players make reflect instructions much better. 

Issues:

- Players still swayed by bous contract inclusions (e.g. 30 goal bonus for a defender)

Bugs:

- Getting forced to manage u/23 games occasionally?

29 minutos atrás, Svenc disse:

As of Messi likewise. His SOT conversion is about fine (1 in 4), but his overall shot conversion (1 in 9) looks suspicious if he was fielded as a centrish forward out of the bat. At roughly shots 3.7 per match, he has less attempts than his real life counterpart (5+) in general. In previous levels of AI, you wouldn't ever get an AI managed side that focused on funneling attempts to a single player as much as real life Madrid/Tottenham etc. do/did likewise. Maybe that's for the better, as it has its flipside if the majority of all chances fall to a single player once that player goes a bit on a dry spell. Ask Zidane. :D 

I was doing a test on barça early on,and when let my assistant go and take control of the team, he played a 4-3-1-2,with Messi and Suarez in the top,so may be the case.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Totalfootballfan:

Finally, I've managed to go through freezes and crushes and finished the 1st season in La Liga.

In order not to cause any distraction I picked the weakest team in the leagues(Valladolid) so all grandes such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid were under AI control.

I’m sure that many people also will be interested to know how things stand in FM19 Beta when it comes “eagle point of view” on things and how it compared with real life football.

Here are some my observations on the data below:

- Barcelona didn't play possession football and its average possession at the end of the season was only 55%

- Barcelona and Real Madrid had almost the same amount of possession(about 55%) as Huesca, Girona and other small clubs at the end of the season which is very unrealistic

- The top clubs scored very low amount of goals during the season, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid scored only about 65 goals at the end of the season

- The top clubs didn't show any dominance, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid got only about 76 points and the end of the season  

- Messi made 19 appearances in the league and scored only 7 goals

LEAGUE TABLE

fm19-0002.png

POSSESSION STATS

fm19-0003.png

MESSI'S STATS

fm19-0004.png

That is indeed disappointing . And actually one of the things i was hoping that they gonna be fixed . What about man city  and their possession stats ? Was messed up in fm18