Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

whats the point in dominating a team if you cant win.....and why have u pigeon holed the entire game into pre set tactics, tiki taka my arse,unless gurdiola sent yous a detailed tactic sheet of his entire knowledge of the game, or maybe he works at si? not having this rubbish about how great this edition is, really disappointed, but hey you got my money, carry on si, great job.....

How about not using a preset and create a completely custom tactic yourself? This may open the path to 'AlwaysWin' :brock:

Starting with AFC Ajax,

Winston Bogarde is Assistent coach (in real he is Assistent of the B team)

Alfred Schreuder is Coach (in real he is Assistent Coach of the A team)

Aaron Winter is Coach (in real he is the Second Assistent Coach of the A team)

I also see that Daley Sinkgraven isn't injured in the beginning of the season but to this day he is still not fit enough to play games..

Same is for Vaclav Cerny, had a big injury to his knee but when i start the game he has no injury.

and last thing the transfer budget............ when are we going to give ajax a realistic budget, every year i start with a 15mil budget.

But if you follow the club you know they have a lot more money in the bank. :D

thank You !

14 minutes ago, craiigman said:

cKp7oUi.png

If I pick any role other than the one with the green dots it says the player is just training their playing position. The attributes stay highlighted, but it's not showing what they are training.

Uz5d97H.png

But this is with "stopper"

IWf57sl.png

This is listed as a known issue in the beta OUT NOW thread.

7 minutes ago, Daninho14 said:

Starting with AFC Ajax,

Winston Bogarde is Assistent coach (in real he is Assistent of the B team)

Alfred Schreuder is Coach (in real he is Assistent Coach of the A team)

Aaron Winter is Coach (in real he is the Second Assistent Coach of the A team)

I also see that Daley Sinkgraven isn't injured in the beginning of the season but to this day he is still not fit enough to play games..

Same is for Vaclav Cerny, had a big injury to his knee but when i start the game he has no injury.

and last thing the transfer budget............ when are we going to give ajax a realistic budget, every year i start with a 15mil budget.

But if you follow the club you know they have a lot more money in the bank. :D

thank You !

Just read the opening post first.  :thup:

3 hours ago, DirtyJoe said:

Funny you say that, I am in a Wolsfburg save :(

Yeah pitch colours are average but saying that it's better than FM18 . I might try and see if some mods from 17 or 18 will work on 19

8 hours ago, Zek said:

This is the PL in a test season:

2qlegr6.png

Both Guardiola and Sarri had their job at insecure at one point, but didn't get the sack. Mourinho never had, but maybe that is because he lost the CL final. Or I just didn't notice, holidayed the season after all.

I know it's only one season, but I don't want to be able to win the league as Liverpool by only needing to get 82 points!

16 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Look in the tactics forum. Herne created a thread about the training changes.

Just read it over, think it's a step backwards as no option to to pick if it's off the field or on the field or both.

I can also do this:

kSg9ias.png

A GK, RB, and CB. On paper Kos and Cech should pass their personality onto Bellerin. But what if they had PPM's? Who's would he learn? The fact you have to have 3, and can put players in different positions is very confusing.

Love the beta thus far but one admittedly minor change irks me - you can no longer give out opposition instructions to multiple players at the same time, you have to do it one by one, which is an annoying time waster.

Also the 'dark' theme has far too much white on it.

27 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Just read it over, think it's a step backwards as no option to to pick if it's off the field or on the field or both.

I can also do this:

kSg9ias.png

A GK, RB, and CB. On paper Kos and Cech should pass their personality onto Bellerin. But what if they had PPM's? Who's would he learn? The fact you have to have 3, and can put players in different positions is very confusing.

If you have specific questions about Mentoring, you're best off asking in the T&T forum or the feedback thread in the FM19 Issues forum (Training and Medical Centre) otherwise your questions could well be missed in this general feedback thread.

In relation to the above, you're still thinking as if this is the old style Tutoring.  Mentoring is not Tutoring with 3 people, it works very differently.

33 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

I know it's only one season, but I don't want to be able to win the league as Liverpool by only needing to get 82 points!

I actually played and watcg matches against City in this save. City scores corners and that is it. No tempo in passing, a very static side, no pressing.

I am afraid AI opponents are again poor. I really hope SI would have spend a lot of time creating fantastic AI teams and coaches that have supertactics.  AI teams do not seem to play sexy football. This for me is the biggest let down since fm2018. There is no real challenge in managing a top club.

Yes you will lose matches but hardly ever due to an opponent outplaying you, no matter how good that team is supposed to play, but since there is no consistency in their results the human manager just needs to make sure to collect between 85-90 points and le voila: title

13 minutes ago, herne79 said:

If you have specific questions about Mentoring, you're best off asking in the T&T forum or the feedback thread in the FM19 Issues forum (Training and Medical Centre) otherwise your questions could well be missed in this general feedback thread.

In relation to the above, you're still thinking as if this is the old style Tutoring.  Mentoring is not Tutoring with 3 people, it works very differently.

But there is no explanation of how it works anywhere. The guide in the tactic forum is a basic overview of it. Is there a guide of how it actually works anywhere?

I hope SI will integrate recent Events like the recent hilarious Freak Out interveiw of the FC Bayern Bosses where they gave proof they are no longer living in our reality but their own insanity!

Having played a few Matches (friendlies and Competition) and imho the animations have improved quite a bit and i have seen less impossible short post Goals so far and more Goals from Corners.

Edited by Etebaer

15 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

I actually played and watcg matches against City in this save. City scores corners and that is it. No tempo in passing, a very static side, no pressing.

I am afraid AI opponents are again poor. I really hope SI would have spend a lot of time creating fantastic AI teams and coaches that have supertactics.  AI teams do not seem to play sexy football. This for me is the biggest let down since fm2018. There is no real challenge in managing a top club.

Yes you will lose matches but hardly ever due to an opponent outplaying you, no matter how good that team is supposed to play, but since there is no consistency in their results the human manager just needs to make sure to collect between 85-90 points and le voila: title

City beat me (chelsea) 3-1 in the EPL... Aguero scored two from edge of the box after through ball and then dribble. Delph scored the other from a sane cutback. My only defeat so far and they are top after 18 games with no defeat. Ill check corner stats later. 

23 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

I am afraid AI opponents are again poor. I really hope SI would have spend a lot of time creating fantastic AI teams and coaches that have supertactics.

Likely not what you mean, but the day the AI will use the communities so called "super tactics" is the day players (including me) will quit the game in masses.  :DI've never seen one of such that didn't systematically exploit defending flaws inherent to the ME. Btw, I've seen such in the tactical forums too (even by former mods). It rubs off directly on completely fantasy shot conversions (which the AI naturally won't have). However, more intelligent and robust and realistic AI, that's something different! :)

Speaking about which, also looking at the few goals of top teams -- I'd be interested in the seasonal shot tables. The number of goals is going to fluctuate a bit simply by random chance, after all. In real football, the dominating sides completely run away here every season (excluding Atletico Madrid, perhaps, who've traditionally during excelled at the opposite -- they barely CONCEDED shots/on target). In-game, early FM18 for instance, things looked like this...

K7kvTND.jpg

If the top teams would score as much as in real footie just from such stats, it'd be a miracle (or a sign that FM's balance may be some quite off....)

Edited by Svenc

5 minutes ago, craiigman said:

But there is no explanation of how it works anywhere. The guide in the tactic forum is a basic overview of it. Is there a guide of how it actually works anywhere?

A more thorough guide is being worked on, ready for the game's full release.  In the mean time this is our chance to get into things, mess around and try to break it.  And then give feedback about your impressions of actually using the new systems.

However, no guide is guide is going to give you a set formula of what to do.  The intention here is to create something more natural and organic, not simply connect the dots as we used to.

1 minute ago, saihtam said:

@kpsia518 How to you record your gifs and what tactics u use?

Im assuming they arent his tactics unless he has a; west ham, arsenal, man utd and dortmund save already :D

But for all those moaning about lack of variety in goals... Have you lacked variety of tactic/personnel? If you play the high pressing game all the time you will see similar patterns of play. Play deeper you will open up opportunity for more long ball/through ball as @kpsia518 is illustrating beautifully

4 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

I have to say that those animated gifs, along with the YouTube videos that I've seen, are seriously tempting me to pull the trigger and upgrade to the latest version. The match engine looks much more varied and natural compared to last version. 

It is and in spite of what people are saying about crosses, @westy8chimp is correct. If you don't just opt for Gegenpressing or similar approaches with relentlessly high tempo and limited space in the final third, you see plenty examples like @kpsia518 is showing.

28 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Likely not what you mean, but the day the AI will use the communities so called "super tactics" is the day players (including me) will quit the game in masses.  :DI've never seen one of such that didn't systematically exploit defending flaws inherent to the ME. Btw, I've seen such in the tactical forums too (even by former mods). It rubs off directly on completely fantasy shot conversions (which the AI naturally won't have). However, more intelligent and robust and realistic AI, that's something different! :)

Indeed I do not mean forum created "cheat" tactics. I mean SI trying to set up tactics that really do what they do IRL. Something with Guardiola is just structurally wrong in this game since his teams are passive and slow passing monsters.

The means are there in this ME. The pressing options between the both penalty areas are lovely. The difference in speed in passing is there for is to see. Many player roles seem to work better than ever. But AI is not using these options well enough. and I fear it has something to do with the manager attributes. 

Basically I just want an SI programmer to create the perfect sexy passing dynamic football tactic into a few real and regen managers so that it feels like we are competing with human managers. 

I want to be amazed by some AI teams,  don 't you?

Edited by Mensell76

18 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

At the moment Wingers/Inside Forwards/Wing Backs/Full Backs produce an extreme amount of dribbling attempts per match, they try to dribble in cases where it make no sense and it’s the main reason why teams lose possession very often, they ignore very obvious passing opportunity.

I find all that is very frustrating to observe especially when you can’t do nothing about it because usually those roles have “Run Often With Ball” PPM and you can't change their behavior by tweaking dribbling tactical settings.

I think that should be looked very closely for the release because right now it makes the ME to look very ugly.

The issue that I raised above can be seen very clearly when you simulate 5 vs 2 counter-attacks situations.

On the video below, you can find couple of examples of the issue.

The defenders are Ramos and Casemiro

The Attackers are Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Rafinha

The attackers carelessly runs into the defenders and lose the ball, they ignore the teammates around them and passing opportunities.

The most frustrating is that many of Winger/Inside Forwards/Attacking Midfielders have “Run With Ball Often” PPM so you can’t do nothing about their behavior using the tactical settings.  

Whilst it is disappointing that the 3. Liga of Germany has been removed, pleased to see the fourth tier of Norway and the third tier of Romania added - nice new challenges there for us LLamas!

35 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Basically I just want an SI programmer to create the perfect sexy passing dynamic football tactic into a few real and regen managers so that it feels like we are competing with human managers. 

At the moment this is all determined by the researchers setting some tactical preferences for each manager, and those settings then mapping to the equivalent of the templates we now have and a corresponding mentality.

To create "amazing" AI systems would need SI to create multiple tactical templates which would have to be available to human managers too. We'd end up with a similar issue to the excessive amount of roles we have.

18 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

The only thing I've seen that seems a bit off are penalties being given way too frequently. 

Agree with this. First 3 friendly games I had been given 4 penalties, then 1 penalty for me in each of my first 4 league games.

The AI manager is never going to operate at the same level as the human one, as the AI is restricted to the formations and roles coded into the game, whereas the human manager has more tactical freedom based on being, you know, human. 

One of the reasons I'm glad I'm not very good at the game, keeps it realistic for me! 

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

Agree with this. First 3 friendly games I had been given 4 penalties, then 1 penalty for me in each of my first 4 league games.

So far I've played 6 pre-season games and 3 competitive matches, and there's been a total of two penalties given so far. Every save is different. 

18 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Whilst it is disappointing that the 3. Liga of Germany has been removed, pleased to see the fourth tier of Norway and the third tier of Romania added - nice new challenges there for us LLamas!

You can't actually manage in either the Norway 4th or Romanian third division.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The AI manager is never going to operate at the same level as the human one, as the AI is restricted to the formations and roles coded into the game, whereas the human manager has more tactical freedom based on being, you know, human. 

One of the reasons I'm glad I'm not very good at the game, keeps it realistic for me!  

While we're not restricted to the formations in the game, the best formations have been ones that are pretty standard.  I'm not aware of any high-end tactics involving extremely lopsided formations, DMs subbed for centerbacks or other formation wonkery.  Players and AI alike are confined to the roles in the game - sliders have been gone for some time, so we've got the same range of pregenerated templates and the same position instructions available to the AI. 

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

I've found that taking a player on trial can reduce their wage demands from 1.6kpw to 350pw in Conference North.

Is this intended, or an unintended glitch of the player location matrix at amateur levels

Sounds like this would be worth raising as a bug please.

1 hour ago, Mensell76 said:

Absolutely. I also want the top managers to actually show some. I'm personally not that hugely of a tactical nut in a sense, but It's one of my big bug bears every year. Basically, AI often don't merely even employ "common sense", let alone uefa Z- standards of coaching (if such would exist). :D  This gets to the point that, depending on the release, even in the most one sided leagues, AI struggle to dominate (Bayern losing up to 8 matches in FM16ish, frequently struggling to even approach 2 goals per match) However, when FM players talk about their amazing systems (which they may communicate to SI also), the line between a de facto exploit and a clever system can be also very fine indeed. :) Often it's also subjective to an extent. After all, on real pitches there IS space to exploit. I'd argue it's not quite what it tends to be in FM, however.

As of players such as @Totalfootballfanhere, I'm nothing short of amazed that he tends to report all kinds of things he perceives unrealistic as of the AI too. Yet, whenever his poor teams dominate the possession charts in a La Liga, or all his tactics published produce a shot to goals conversion advantage over opponents unheard of in all history of football with the most average of players -- that's never reported as a possible bug/issue to investigate This is a dangerous, but all too natural bias
-- everything the human player does is in tendency perceived as just "being great at the game". Suddenly it doesn't matter anymore how unrealistic it all is. The double standards and logics at play are nothing short of mind-bending, however. Think a bit too much about it, and the space-time continuum may implode and destory all things FM  with it. :D

Edited by Svenc

33 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

To create "amazing" AI systems would need SI to create multiple tactical templates which would have to be available to human managers too. We'd end up with a similar issue to the excessive amount of roles we have.

This doesn't need to be the case at all, so long as AI tactical templates are built within the framework of the TC there's no need for them to be made available to to the user.