Jump to content

Football Manager 2019 Feature Blogs: Training Overhaul


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally!! This is what I've been waiting for all these years... glad it is finally happening and I can see that you were taking some of the feature requests in consideration since some of the ideas have been passed around for a while :) Well done, can't wait for the release!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Bring back Pig in the Middle ;) 

Very exciting, training could be interesting for me to use again.

Haha, my first thought was "not all that tedious Pig in the Middle setting again"! But semi automated player training intensity management sounds very useful (fewer fitness problems and less whining) and the "mentoring" groups sound a lot more plausible and less overpowered than the tutoring

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will we be able to train players for a specific position, role and duty (attack, support, defend)? The option of training for the specific duty was in the game a few years ago but has been missing recently.

This is especially helpful to train a central midfielder on defend duty.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barside said:

Like the concepts here & from what I can make out the idea of match prep training being a seperate function that focuses on a single scenario no longer exists & it's now all part of the overall training package, am I correct?

Was wondering about this. If you have a match coming up against a team that scores a lot of headers you may want to train your team in jumping and heading immediately prior. But how do you know the outcome in terms of just working towards very slowly increasing your players' attributes in those areas vs actual specific and short-term match prep in some form? I'm kind of confused by this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Players can’t train all the time though or they won’t have any energy left for playing matches – so you’ll also need to use the rest tab. Here you can automatically set training intensity and rest periods based on player condition. You can do this for the whole team using the dropdown menus for each condition level at the top of the screen or set it for individuals on the main panel in the centre of the screen. Included on this screen are recommendations from your physio as to which players should be training at certain intensities and your upcoming fixtures so you can account for when you might want your squad rest and when you might want them up their training intensity.

 

This bit is a nice touch and will allow you to put players that never get injured on higher intensity levels while fatigued than others and vice versa - say you put half intensity for the squad at < 60% but perhaps you have a specific player who is very injury prone, you can set him at half intensity < 70%.

Link to post
Share on other sites

this...I'm liking quite a bit. Might end up delegating everything to the assman after I get hopelessly lost in it, but I've always felt training and tutoring seems somehow remote. This might be the one feature that makes the game a must-buy out of the gate (although the interface color scheme...meh, but that can be fixed with the proper skin.)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks sooo Anstoß 3 (Off the Ball 3) from back in the 90ies....

Seems like we can do a lot of micro-management in the next game, which makes me hope that the assistants don't mess up things too much, cause I really don't like micro-managing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jayahr said:

This looks sooo Anstoß 3 (Off the Ball 3) from back in the 90ies....

Seems like we can do a lot of micro-management in the next game, which makes me hope that the assistants don't mess up things too much, cause I really don't like micro-managing.

I think the an assistant should be able to mess things up & very badly if they are ill-equipped for the task they have been assigned, it should be part of the risk when choosing to delegate a task to a subordinate but I concede that it's a tricky one for SI to get right as I imagine some FM'ers will view this choice as selecting a gaming assist function rather than a delegation of their managerial responsibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Barside:

I think the an assistant should be able to mess things up & very badly if they are ill-equipped for the task they have been assigned, it should be part of the risk when choosing to delegate a task to a subordinate but I concede that it's a tricky one for SI to get right as I imagine some FM'ers will view this choice as selecting a gaming assist function rather than a delegation of their managerial responsibility.

Agreed.

I just don't want to be forced into the hassle of dealing with this as a requirement to win. Obviously that would be realistic, but reduce the fun for me.
An assistant should (if sufficiently qualified) do well overall if assigned with the job, imho. Otherwise that would not be a real option for a player who wants to win things. Of course, the last 5-10% should be down to human effort, if such effort is made, as in every aspect of the game.

Is it cool that this new feature resembles something that was there already 20 years ago so much? Not sure.

Anstoss+3+Trainingswoche.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff

The assistant is perfectly capable of running training on his own and will do so according to his own preferences/attributes. Taking control yourself can give you an edge and allow you to tailor the players to your precise philosophy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good. Im quite lazy when it comes to training, but may give this a bit more thought. 

If i stick to delegating to ass. Man though... I hope they are capable of logical training plans. Or have a relevant attribute which dictates how good they are at setting training. 

Or even more lazy... Can people export training regimes? If we use out the box tactical philosophy in a similar way itd be handy! New subforum for training downloads ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Seb Wassell:

The assistant is perfectly capable of running training on his own and will do so according to his own preferences/attributes. Taking control yourself can give you an edge and allow you to tailor the players to your precise philosophy.

Perfect, thanks for clarifying.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we please know if this will be available for international squads? 

After half a decade away from FM, I got FM18 purely because of the World Cup this year, and what a disappointment international management is. No training, no real way to get tactical familiarity, player bonds, etc. Not to mention the absurd fitness problems.

And since the fitness problems with international squads seems to be affected by the lack of a training option, is this at least being looked?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The new training system looks excellent but it does need to be deeply integrated with something I posted in the tactics thread - I'll re-post it here:

 

There is one key aspect unmentioned so far that I'm concerned about. We will now have geggenpressing and various iterations of pressing tactics. Will this be adequately reflected in stamina and match condition levels? Until now its been inadequate - low-stamina players could press all match, drop to 50% condition and keep going all season. For me, pressing strategies must affect not just the condition %age but the actual energy of players within the match and especially over the season. It should require the need for more rotation and serious attention in pre-season training as well as in-season training. We need to see, for example, players who return from a world cup and have a short pre-season in a geggenpressing team, drop in energy levels and increase in injury proneness, and give more fouls away due to fatigue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

The new training system looks excellent but it does need to be deeply integrated with something I posted in the tactics thread - I'll re-post it here:

 

There is one key aspect unmentioned so far that I'm concerned about. We will now have geggenpressing and various iterations of pressing tactics. Will this be adequately reflected in stamina and match condition levels? Until now its been inadequate - low-stamina players could press all match, drop to 50% condition and keep going all season. For me, pressing strategies must affect not just the condition %age but the actual energy of players within the match and especially over the season. It should require the need for more rotation and serious attention in pre-season training as well as in-season training. We need to see, for example, players who return from a world cup and have a short pre-season in a geggenpressing team, drop in energy levels and increase in injury proneness, and give more fouls away due to fatigue.

I think we need to wait until the release to see the effects. Given this is 1st time they are implementing , Might require balancing at first. 

But hopefully we get the Balance, It will feel wrong to see players having the extreme stressful tactic week in week out with out any Issues with Energy levels and Injury levels

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ferrarinseb said:

I think we need to wait until the release to see the effects. Given this is 1st time they are implementing , Might require balancing at first. 

But hopefully we get the Balance, It will feel wrong to see players having the extreme stressful tactic week in week out with out any Issues with Energy levels and Injury levels

My point is, it's not been effective for years. I manage part-time teams who can close down and press all match all year. Shouldn't be possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Neil Brock unpinned and featured this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...