FM 2009 - Official West Ham United Thread *Up The Irons*

Adam.S

Just reached the end of the 2nd season (my first season in charge) with West Ham, and looking forward to an exciting transfer window. Somehow managed to finish 4th, when I thought I didn;t really have a great season. Was lucky Man Utd and Liverpool had even worse seasons. Signed Roque Santa Cruz and Gary Cahill in January, and both played well.

Now loads of players have become available, including Balotelli at £4.3m! Gonna be hard to resist the temptation to overhaul the team.

Also my outstanding player for the season was Mark Noble - 41(1) apps, 16 goals, 13 assists, 7 mom's, 7.25 avg. rat.

Collison has developed really well too.

Season Stats - http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/497/westham0910stats.jpg

League Table - http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3131/westham0910leaguetable.jpg

Transfers - http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/249/westham0910transfers.jpg

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How you guys still doing at West Ham.

I am in 2016 and just gone through a board takeover (promotion within) and the club has made me a legend, well chuffed. Thing is after all that I am having a bit of a tough season. Maybe I have been spoilt but last year I won the EPL but got knocked out of all the cups and have picked up some serious losses to rival teams which is not going down too well. Considering about 17 of my first 19 are all internationals and have all been playing together for a good few years they are having problems this year. If it wasnt for an ageing Van Der Vaart knocking in the goals we would be quite a way down the table, I even managed to pick up Vela for a price that I wont even mention as I will be accused of everything (Arsenal went down and in serious trouble and couldnt believe what he was listed for) but even he isnt playing well.

Think it is going to be a tough year until I find out whats going wrong.

Lol, what a terrible team to manage.. I feel for Gianfranco Zola. It's a miracle if there aren't at least 3 players injured all season, even quality signings fail to perform with the current team. Carlton Cole can't score for his life but Ashton is decent. Left side of the field is dry of talent and midfield is also decent at best. Another problem is that there aren't any backups for positions that are already not good enough like LM LB RM. I'm not sure about David di Michele as he has done absolutely horribly and then one game scores 5 goals in one half against a rival. So to sum it up its a good challenge but a bit frustrating in the first few seasons as there is not too much cash to splash and the team is not up to par.

raskashtan...you've just got to look for bargains and young players to improve the squad initially. Selling Dyer, Boa Morte and Faubert frees up a lot of room for wages that you can add to your transfer budget. Also you can sell Gabbidon and Collins for further revenue. Look at the big clubs to see who's not playing for potential loan signings.

A stable team of Green, Neill, Collins, Upson, Ilunga, Behrami, Parker, Noble, Collison, Cole, Ashton should keep you going initially. I managed to squeeze out a few goals from Cole as a lone striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation when Ashton has been injured. (However I'm playing on an updated database with Jimenez on loan).

midfield is also decent at best. QUOTE]

i happen to think that west hams midfield is great..

parker is a solid class dmc

noble is a brilliant dynamo in the middle

and

collison is a fantastic prospect who can easily play anywhere across the middle...

personally.. id ask for more money.. they usually accept and give you up to 9 million then id sell

behrami - get up to 10 mil from man city or hoffenheim

boa morte - get a few mil easily

spector- few mil

get dyer off your wages for whatever

and bring in bargains such as

mathieu for lb .. almost world class for around 2million

gioda for cb .. solid and pacey cb for less then a mil

m. viler for left wing or buonanotte if affordable

simon davies or krivets for rw.. or even beckham if u can afford it

kikin fonseca up front

lewandowski

celso borges

juan manuel torres

gives you a completely solid team for first season where you can easily get mid to top 6 position and get the money rolling in..

and you'll still have millions left over for youngsters or some other players..

one of the better challenges in the prem imo... and not one ive done for a while.. i might have to try it ..

Hello all. Quick update, in 2013 December transfer window (V 9.0.0), sitting 3rd in the league, knocked out of League Cup, Still in FA and Euro Cups. My squad is (In a 442 Diamond):

GK:C. Gordon

RB:Chretien

LB:(Regen)

CB:Taylor

CB:Vermaelen

DM:Cana

CM:Adrien/Sahin

CM:Inler

AM:Fernandez

ST:Sanchez

ST:(Regen)

A few things.

Firstly, does anyone have any ideas for a GK that I could get. I got Gordon on a free in the Summer, and while he plays fairly well (not on pc now, but off the top of my head, I'd say he has a rating of around 6.8/9), his stats aren't quite there for a top 4 team. I can muster up around 25m to spend, but that doesn't even seem to be enough. I've tried for players likeAkinfeev, Mandanda, but I'd be looking at like 35/40m. Is there a way I could get them cheaper, or does anyone have an idea that may be less costly?

Also, would just like to know if there are any other improvements that could be made. I have plenty of cover in the form of excellent young regens. The two regens I have listed in the first team are currently 4* on my coach report, but are 6* potential, but at least 3 others are on the verge of the first team.

The problem is, while I have managed results like 2-1 away to Man U, and a 1-0 against Chelsea, I just can't beat the top two (Arsenal and City). Is my team simply not good enough to be at the top, or is it a poor tactic on my part?

Thanks in advance.

Ochoa? Neur? Alder? If you want to get Akinfeev[for example] cheaper you should try to unsettle him first.

Your team looks fine; I would say it's just a case of Arsenal and City being too strong in terms of their depth. You can’t beat everyone, so if you’re beating Utd and Chelsea I think you’re doing fine tbf.

I have got Akinfeev as my keeper but did cost me a years transfer fee but worth every penny.

Arsenal were a thorn in my side for quite a few seasons (see previous posts) but eventually I did start to get the upper hand, even more so when they went under. Man City have started to slide in my game, they are not spending out like they used to and alot of their players are getting on.

Just starting second season of my WeedGIe update game. Finished 7th first season just 3 points off 2nd.

2008/2009

Ins : Vicente 4.2 m, Zebina 1.2 m, Caceres 3 m, Fonseca 2 m, Delfouenso 2.1.m, Bent in January 10 m (disaster!)

Outs : Quashie 1.9 m, Dyer 2.8 m, Boa Morte 900k

2009/2010

In's : Fleck 7 m, Palacio 14.5 m, Ronaldo 525k, Alan Doucet Free

Out's : Collins 2.4 m, Bent 10 m, Delfouenso 2.7 m.

(Is it easier to sell players in the WeedGIe??)

Vincente has been brilliant I'd never read about him before and Palacious could end up being my best signing, compliments Ashton really well.

I used this game to tinker with my old formation. It went from a High CF to a Very Low CF......... Only my LM and RM are on more than the lowest CF setting and it works great. Players seem to just by pass the flash stuff and plays some great football. I usually have the higher possession now. In my last game in the new season I had 23 shots on target at home v Man United. Anyone wants me to upload the tactic I'll be happy to do so. It's so basic you can tinker with it easily.

just started my third season 9.0.3, this is generally my starting 11, let me know what u think;

GK: Asenjo (£5m in the summer)/ Green

DR: Santon (£925k at the beggining of the game)

DL: Kolarov (£3.4m at the beginning of the game)

DC: Leo (£14.75m in the summer)

DC: Jagieka (£10m season 2)/ Radu (£5.25m last summer)

DMC: Zucclini (£3.8m season 2)/ Gilberto Silva (£2.6m season 2)

MR: Xabi Prieto (£16.25m last summer)

ML: Christian Rodriguez (£23.5m last summer)

MC: Collison/ Adrien (£3.9m season 2)

ST: Hulk (£11m last summer)

ST: Marquinhos (£6m season 2)

I also still have noble and ashton, spence has developed into a good backup as i have trained him all across the backline, also in my squad is john fleck, ismail aissati, ruben rochina, mark beevers and mads albaek..

started as west ham made quite afew changes

i sold gabbidon , quashie, collins , spector and faubert totall 22million euro's

i signed michael dawson for 2.2mill , loic perrin 7.25mill , ettiene capoue 8.5mill & alexis sanchez 4million .

im playing a 433 i want to use my youth system quite abit if i can my formtion is abit like below not stating 11 . i have 4 points from 4 games in the prem so far but my opening 3 games where chelsea liverpool and arsenal so things should get better

Green

perrin dawson upson illunga

parker

jiminez noble

sancehz collison

cole

not much at all haha lol. i;ll look see if any of them get good reports form scouts iknow afew and will look for some bargins if not im happy with my squad ,

behrami didnt play much at start last year and wants to leave not sure wether i should let him go he is quite good price range let him go i was thinking around 15 if i can get that

This season as been quite good finished 8th in the league but the cups i was quite bad again which main focus is the league..

season overview : http://img269.imageshack.us/i/westhamoverview.jpg/

League table : http://img42.imageshack.us/i/whtable.jpg/

Transfers : http://img21.imageshack.us/i/whtransfers.jpg/ also have gary cahill coming from bolton for 5million scouts say will be a great asset to my squad .

i had a bad bad start to the season , i couldnt decide which formation or anything to play.. i ended up making a 433 formation high up the pitch closing down often wide play and crossing , which brings out the best so far in collison ,sanchez and carlton cole . only problem i have is sanchez aint getting enough assists . Adreas D'alessandro was a very good player coming into the team , i found it really hard to buy players he was a great asset in the end .

Team Stats : http://img16.imageshack.us/i/whteamsheet.jpg/ goals assists etc

i cant sign players again lol. im not that desperate but i would like to get another striker so i can swap him and carlton cole , ashton is useless i think , the other problem is everyone cost to much ! players who i say are around worth 8million the clubs wont even accpet 15mill so do i pay over the odds for a good player ? or just wait for one to come on the transfer list or a player to be offerd to me

i signed a player called choco for 2mill he seems quite good young brazilian and i have a 16million offer for taison , iknow its alot im thinking of making the deal go through but his goal scoring record is imense ! i think i will in the end sign him

Just finished my 3rd season i wasnt impressed with alot of my team cole/ashton was not impressive this year at all quite shocking , wingers did what they had to do , the defence let me down a little to . may change from the 433 next season go to a simple 442 maybe make 1 or 2 signings if possible .

Season overview : http://img4.imageshack.us/i/westhamoverview.jpg/ nothing much to say apart from that :/

player stats : http://img200.imageshack.us/i/whteamsheet.jpg/

let me know what you think lol :(

taison was good , the 16mill and how he played you could say was a waste but the fans like him and he did play most games on right wing.. will change to 442 and he will be one of my main strikers i brought in paloschi on a free transfer which is great little deal ! then i signed a LB from bordeaux for 12 million called leonardo who i think starts at olympiakos scouts say he is a good player so that will do good . I have a small issue that i will play capoue in cm without question but i have mark noble who i should really play with him but also jack collison was a wonderkid and great player ! not sure wether to start him or not , he wants to leave to further his career but i dont think i will get great money for him and how he plays , he has 2013 contract and im in 2011 at the moment .

finished my 4th season alexis sanchez was in the world 11 :)mark noble & cole was in prem team of the year also carlton cole finished top scorer in the premierleague with 19goals great effort by him !! season went well apart from the cups again lol main focus is the league has to be my priority..

Table : http://img228.imageshack.us/i/whtable.jpg/ the last few games were massive if results went my way maybe on the final day i would of made that hopefully champions league spot but it wasnt to be maybe next year ..

Season overview : http://img3.imageshack.us/i/whoverview.jpg/

Team stats : http://img197.imageshack.us/i/whteamsheet.jpg/ taison was impressive this year not all his games where up front some on the wing , paloschi was quite good to .. overall with my squad im not worried i might keep the same team maybe add one or 2 players for back up maybe another quality left winger when sanchez is injured he did seem to make a really big diffrence ..

Archived