[Suggestion] Player photos editable in-game

Shead

I wish to propose that from a player profile screen (in-game) we are allowed to change (or add) a player’s photo that is seen in the game’s player profile. Essentially perhaps by means of being allowed to choose a photo from your PC and then performing some minimal adjustments in size, positioning etc (similar to choosing a profile pic on a social media website)

I am suggesting this for a number of reasons as follows:

1. Sometimes the player photo is not good or relatively old. Taking Messi by way of example, once he took up his beard look, his previous look appears old dated if one had to use such a photo
  2. For the more familiar with photoshop etc, when signing a new player, we could “create” a photo of that player wearing the kit of the club we are managing and upload that, thereby giving that enhanced feel of a player’s signing that today FM tends to lack (unlike PES or FIFA where the press conference animations etc are really good)
  3. Sometime you buy a player that would not have a photo.
  4. Changing a player’s photo outside of the game is not easy (atleast for me)

Not a game changer but just an idea if at all possible. Thanks

20 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

It's very easy to make your own facepacks mate for every player you want.. 

Could you please explain (or point me to a link) how? And presumably these cannot be changed midway through a save? 

Two of the most popular sites for game add-ons would be SortItOutSI and FM Scout.

For example, for every Football Manager game I always download the Cut Out Players Faces packs which match the same style as the current faces already in the game.

The current version has over 200,000 new faces to add to the game and makes the game a lot better for me and people update it throughout the year as important players get new hairstyles, facial hair, etc. so you can download updates every few months too.

There's a good video here that shows you how to do it for FM17 (FM18 is exactly the same) and it's all pretty simple.

If you've never downloaded any of the graphics add-ons then I'd also recommend that you also download and add one of the Team Logos packs with all the club badges and any of the club kits that you want to add if you want it to look more realistic.

I find it more fun having all the real faces, the real badges and real kits from all the teams and it definitely fits the boat for what you're looking for as far as having better player faces in-game.

2 minutes ago, Rossums said:

Two of the most popular sites for game add-ons would be SortItOutSI and FM Scout.

For example, for every Football Manager game I always download the Cut Out Players Faces packs which match the same style as the current faces already in the game.

The current version has over 200,000 new faces to add to the game and makes the game a lot better for me and people update it throughout the year as important players get new hairstyles, facial hair, etc. so you can download updates every few months too.

There's a good video here that shows you how to do it for FM17 (FM18 is exactly the same) and it's all pretty simple.

If you've never downloaded any of the graphics add-ons then I'd also recommend that you also download and add one of the Team Logos packs with all the club badges and any of the club kits that you want to add if you want it to look more realistic.

I find it more fun having all the real faces, the real badges and real kits from all the teams and it definitely fits the boat for what you're looking for as far as having better player faces in-game.

Excellent. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Shead said:

Excellent. Thanks

Not a problem, I find it very hard to play without them as they make the game so much more immersive, I hate having all the fake club badges and missing player faces.

They can be added at any time and don't affect your save at all so if you're already mid-way through a season or a save then it's perfectly fine to add them in.

• 2 months later...

Archived