Do you ever use the praise option in touchline shouts...

...and, if so, when?

I have to say I've rarely used it. I can't help but feel it usually only applies to 1 or 2 players at a time, and I feel that optimising a touchline shout for 1 or 2 players is wasting the chance to chuck out a concentrate or do better ever 15 or so minutes that you're allowed touchline shouts.

I also just don't know if it's helped. If I praise a player for a good pass, does he know what I've praised?

I like the shouts, and I actually recall suggesting them once or twice before they made the game (not saying it was my idea, haha), but I do wonder how much they really do sometimes. Indeed, I wonder when I should really use each one. I use show more passion when I have players looking uninterested, and concentrate when seeing out a game, but would like to maximise touchline shout usage.

Yep. I'm not sure why they can only be used every 15 minutes, or so, as well. I guess the game has to balance how much morale improvement can be given to players, but a game can change so much in 15 minutes that I often find myself frantically waiting for the chance to chuck out a concentrate.

in my experience the only shouts that work are:-

encourage after a goal (can result in a chance/goal straight after the goal)

praise after a good spell of play (can result in a goal in the next phase of play)

demand more can result in a shot but rarely a goal

concentrate in the last 10 minutes with a narrow lead can help see it out

all the others i've never seen anything noticable

Edited by MagicHat

I use praise when the team scores their first goal in a match, after that I don't use it again.

The rest of of the time I use Encourage, Get Creative, Concentrate, Push Forward or Tighten Up depending of whats going off on the pitch.

These ones get used far more often for me ...

I dont think that I have ever used the praise shout during a game.  I tend to use it to encourage or wind up the players if they are struggling or getting beaten.  I will praise at the end of match team talk or if they are mentioned in the press.

I praise the team when they listen to me, or at least visually appear to, via the 3D viewer.
So if I've shouted something else or given them a half time speech and I think they've listened (in general just if they're playing better now - always assume my advice is infallible lol), I don't mind using the praise after good passage of play or shots on target.

To be honest though, if I'm shouting - mostly it'll just be "Demand More". They know the tactics, they know what's expected (in terms of concentrating over 90 minutes, or defending tighter etc..) and I'm not going to preempt things going wrong and yell something that they already know. 

It is ten minutes between shouts, unless you have a goal scored in that interval, which will allow you to "re-shout."  

I use:

Concentrate: If I see any complacency, last 5 minutes/starting 5 minutes of a half. (I usually send a concentrate at 40 mins to cover the end of the first and start of the second halves.) 

Show Some Passion: Usually if the opponent scores, or if the other team seems to be taking control of play.

Demand More: Same as show some passion, but absolutely if we go two down.

Calm Down: Bookings

No Pressure: If anyone has "Nervous" body language.

Praise: Usually the scorer, the assister, and anyone who made a piece of play to the goal.  I don't use it often, more if it's a big goal, or if a young player scores or is involved in the play.  

Encourage: Usually if I'm going for a "giant-killing" and we're dominating play or have taken the lead.  

-----

I pretty much find that if you use your shouts in the same way you would if you were truly on the sideline, it goes well.  Same with press conferences and tunnel chats, really... if you act as if you're approaching these situations in real life, you usually get great results, and it can really help with morale.

I used the shouts as if I was on the touchline myself. Don't see why SI would add it to the game if it had no effect on the players.

I generally use praise if the team are performing well. Even it it's 0-0 but we are applying pressure and doing what I want, or if we are losing 1-0 and the team come out quickly in the second half.

I use 'encourage' a lot as well as 'demand more' in the hope this can drag even an extra 5% out of some of the lads.

Like a few others above the calm down shout seems to help when someone has picked up a booking or the whole team if they're giving away silly fouls.

Il y a 2 heures, oulzac a dit :

I only use concentrate. And I'm still upset they took away the ability to choose a tone for the shout.

I would dare add, that this is accompanied  with the fact that you can do only one thing: either you tell something specific to one player or you tell something to the entire team.  No way to do like in previous FM, tell a single player to callm down, for example, and aftward, telling the rest of the team to focus or defend or whatever...  So, to answer the OP's question: I never use it never ever because I have even less opportunity to select specifc shouts for specific situations...

7 hours ago, Rien102 said:

I would dare add, that this is accompanied  with the fact that you can do only one thing: either you tell something specific to one player or you tell something to the entire team.  No way to do like in previous FM, tell a single player to callm down, for example, and aftward, telling the rest of the team to focus or defend or whatever...  So, to answer the OP's question: I never use it never ever because I have even less opportunity to select specifc shouts for specific situations...

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the frequency with which you can make shouts. As I've said, I am sure they have the balance the effect shouts can have, but I'd rather see them balance with less effect from one shout than by reducing the amount of shouts you can do. I'd be more likely to attempt the praise shout if I knew I didn't have to wait 15 minutes of match time to make another shout.

I never use it, just because of the fact I'm a bit scared of it. Because the game can be crazy sometimes, I don't want to praise the players 3-0 up. Because I feel as soon as I push Praise it will become 3-3 or worse. :herman:

There is supposed to be a very small increase using shouts for a limited period hence why there are limits.

Using praise during a game to my mind would be an individual shout rather than the team. The risk I expect is that it could cause complacency. Shouts may depend also on individual player moral, professionalism and character etc.

Team shouts I tend to use are demand more, tighten up & push forward

I save praise for after the match :)

Encourage is obvious.

Praise is if we're dominating thoroughly but missing obvious chances - bit of a risky one really, but I don't want to add the pressure and I don't think they need encouragement, they need to be told they're doing fine and to keep at it. Goes either way I suppose.

Concentrate I use if I see a lapse in concentration at any point in a game, even if we're winning or dominating. That'll be a ridiculous lax pass, or a defender who isn't tracking back, or someone not going for a header - I don't solely use it for the last 10 or whatever.

No pressure I've used when we're losing to a better team, but usually when players are nervous - though if they're nervous something might have gone wrong before the match.

Those are my staples.