Fm 19 save

Beta is actually the full version of the game almost close to the release. During the Beta, the reported issues are resolved prior to the release. You can start your career as soon as Beta drops, and continue playing it once the game is released. The Beta saves are compatible with the release.

As talhak said, however some functions/updates in the full release (or indeed any patch after that) may require you to start a new game for them to take effect. Of course we cannot tell you at this time what those updates will be, because clearly we don't know what they are yet! 

However yes, the game will be playable and you will be able to continue normally assuming you will be willing to compromise on those fixes/updates. 

31 minutes ago, Mikiemichael said:

Hey, 

Fm 18 was my first fm game and I have a question. Can I start my main save (feyenoord to CL winning) on 2 Nov. Or should I wait with the updates on the beta (16 Nov) whats the difference?

You have the dates mixed up. The release date is 2 Nov. The beta is roughly 2 weeks BEFORE that, so October-something. As the pinned thread also states, saves can and will carry over, so you can start it whenever you want. I always start my one and only save during the Beta, right until the next version arrives.

18 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You have the dates mixed up. The release date is 2 Nov. The beta is roughly 2 weeks BEFORE that, so October-something. As the pinned thread also states, saves can and will carry over, so you can start it whenever you want. I always start my one and only save during the Beta, right until the next version arrives.

Am I correct in thinking that if you want to start with an edited database this cannot be carried over from the beta to the release version?

Just now, Hovis Dexter said:

Am I correct in thinking that if you want to start with an edited database this cannot be carried over from the beta to the release version?

No idea. I don't use editors or other databases. Hopefully someone else can answer.

24 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Yes you'd normally need to start a fresh game as database changes don't affect save games, but if you'd started a game on the beta with your edited database then you'd normally be free to carry on, however the editor isn't generally released until the official full release so it's not possible to start the beta with an edited database, beyond the basic options you can select with edt files.

And of course no FM19 info has been released yet so things might be different than in the past but we won't know anything until closer to release.

Beta saves have been compatible with the full game for a long time already. There's no problem with trying such a thing.

Just keep in mind that if something in the game requires a data fix, you won't see it, though.

I will be the voice of caution... sometimes, there are issues that are going to make you want to restart your main save, especially if you only play one all season long.  

There's certainly nothing wrong with trying to start your main save with Beta Day #1... but prepare to potentially have to change your plans due to a bugfix or data issue that you want to take advantage of.

I am someone that traditionally starts with the game after the winter window, though -- but that is usually because I am still devoted to the previous year (or even the previous year's) saves, to where I can wait the few extra weeks to two months to get "everything" so to speak.

There are definitely a lot of people that manage to make it all the way through the version on a single save started in Beta, though.  Just don't be too let down if something tweaks.

1 hour ago, Mikiemichael said:

So its a good idea to start my main safe on 2 Nov?

If you want to use editor for anything  (add a league or category who isn't available from si, change something in a team /player /staff, + many uses editor has)  don't start it. I will start a LLM save so I need it if i wanted to start a save with feyenoort I would start it in beta because I wouldn't change something through editor. P. S Always both Beta and Full game released sooner from Si's official dates.. 

I would suggest starting the early release version with a different club to help understand the new changes which there normally are. When full version update is available then start a new save with the info you learnt. Invariably there are small data changes and fixes. These are normally save compatible but sometimes any changes may take a while to take effect on an existing save subject to the fix

In any case the choice is yours and you can play both saves should you wish, assuming previous saves remain compatible

Archived