Teams with no trophies

I’m looking to start a new save in fm18 and would like to join a real life club that has literally won nothing, not even the smallest competition, does anyone know of any such teams? Any help would be appreciated!

28 minutes ago, NCFC Gee said:

I’m looking to start a new save in fm18 and would like to join a real life club that has literally won nothing, not even the smallest competition, does anyone know of any such teams? Any help would be appreciated!

Watford :lol:

100+ years (not sure how many they're claiming it to be this month) and they've won **** all

And then they signed a player called Success :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are no such teams in english professional football leagues.

However, if you ignore the reserve competitions, here are a few clubs that could be of interest:

Rochdale AFC - League One, last won a trophy in 1912 (2 total)

USD Novese - Serie D/A, won only trophy in 1922

Cabinteely FC - Irish First Division, won only trophy in 1939

Þór AkureyriMagni Grenivík - Icelandic second division, neither has any trophies on their website

28 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

This is too general mate. The most football clubs of this world haven't won something. You should be more specific.. Nation, Continental, Historical +++

I mean literally no trophies listed on their history page 

10 minutes ago, HemHat said:

100+ years (not sure how many they're claiming it to be this month) and they've won **** all

And then they signed a player called Success :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Really? This surprises me! I’ll take a look when I get home from work 

1 minute ago, rodesire said:

There are no such teams in english professional football leagues.

However, if you ignore the reserve competitions, here are a few clubs that could be of interest:

Rochdale AFC - League One, last won a trophy in 1912 (2 total)

USD Novese - Serie D/A, won only trophy in 1922

Cabinteely FC - Irish First Division, won only trophy in 1939

Þór AkureyriMagni Grenivík - Icelandic second division, neither has any trophies on their website

Cheers, will take a look later

14 minutes ago, HemHat said:

Success has been sold and their last competition win was division 3 (League one after rebranding) in 1998

My favourite is also one level below FM18 OOTB, Fort William in the Scottish Highland League. Not only do they come rock-bottom EVERY season, but their goal differences are spectacular. This season so far they're running at an average of conceding 11 goals per match. There's no relegation from the league; I don't know how they're allowed to continue.

19 hours ago, NCFC Gee said:

Continuing on from my posts above, you didn't specify the team has to be from an FM18 league OOTB (out of the 'box'). Why not download and install a lower league file. I'm using the 22-level English one (see the Editors' Hideaway forum). Thousands of clubs all the way down to lowest amateur levels that have empty trophy cabinets.

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

My favourite is also one level below FM18 OOTB, Fort William in the Scottish Highland League. Not only do they come rock-bottom EVERY season, but their goal differences are spectacular. This season so far they're running at an average of conceding 11 goals per match. There's no relegation from the league; I don't know how they're allowed to continue.

You inspired me to look at FW's web site. Should be challenge in FM.

You'd need a custom league for that, but Atlas, which plays in the Primera D (fifth tier) in Argentina, has never won any official silverware. It has never been promoted either.

There's also Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata, whose only trophies in the last 60 years have been one-time cups, which for one of the teams with the most seasons in top-flight is strange.

6 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

You inspired me to look at FW's web site. Should be challenge in FM.

I follow them on Twitter. Just blown for full-time, yet another 0-11 drubbing. Remarkably, they managed to field an ineligible player for three thrashings this season and have had 9 points deducted. They will almost certainly finish the season on minus points!!!

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Continuing on from my posts above, you didn't specify the team has to be from an FM18 league OOTB (out of the 'box'). Why not download and install a lower league file. I'm using the 22-level English one (see the Editors' Hideaway forum). Thousands of clubs all the way down to lowest amateur levels that have empty trophy cabinets.

Thanks, i think this is what i'll do, i enjoy LLM so this is perfect

On 31/08/2018 at 11:01, NCFC Gee said:

It's highly unlikely that any team would meet your requirements.

The limitation of any trophy is too stringent

There are plenty of teams that have only ever won minor awards however.

The English Football league was formed around 1860, roughly 150 years ago.

The clubs that formed that first league ... were already playing games for several years before going "official"

2 minutes ago, RodentofDoom said:

The English Football league was formed around 1860, roughly 150 years ago.

The clubs that formed that first league ... were already playing games for several years before going "official"

You've got your dates mixed up. The FA was formed in 1863 (some clubs, including Sheffield FC and Notts County, were formed before then), and the Football League started in 1888.

Frosinone have never won a competition at a national level. They won their Serie C2 (tier 4) group twice, and two youth competitions a few years back.

Then it depends on how what you consider "winning a trophy". If winning a lower division title counts as one, many clubs are out. Still, in Italian Serie B like half of the clubs have never won that either and can only claim victory in semi-pro competitions or in regional leagues.

Same goes for Norway, where most yo-yo (or recently created) clubs have only "won" the second tier on their way back to the top (Sandefjord, Haugesund, Sarpsborg). Then if you drop down one tier, most clubs have an empty trophy cabinet.

3 hours ago, CFuller said:

You've got your dates mixed up. The FA was formed in 1863 (some clubs, including Sheffield FC and Notts County, were formed before then), and the Football League started in 1888.

Thanks for the correction ...

Maybe I should have been a clearer on my main point.

There are a LOT of clubs that have up to 150 years of footballing history during which time they will have collected some silverware.

During those 150 years there have been many national and international competitions that are now defunct (Anglo-Scottish Cup, Anglo-Italian Cup etc etc) most of have which have many different annual winners.

A team that has won no MAJOR awards will leave you with a much larger pool of teams than 0

To be represented in the FM database entering in the English tier 6 (Conference N/S) 2 of the newly promoted teams would have needed to win the tier 7 title

Under your criteria of ANY award .. they are unplayable, when to be honest who cares about lower league titles when you have the Premier League to aim for

If you limit it to major awards you're ruling out teams that have won

A national trophy, a national tier 1 title, an international trophy

You'd be surprised at just how many teams will unqualify themselves for consideration with those more generous selection criteria

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2018 at 11:01, NCFC Gee said:

I recently read about the "Atalanta United Challenge" in the MLS - apparently it's a team that only recently came into existence and have a completely blank slate for a trophy cabinet?! Not tried it yet myself, but it sounds interesting/fun!

Oxford City FC in the National League South on FM18 have only won the Oxfordshire Senior Cup which I don't believe is represented in game, so will have a clean honours list.  They don't appear to have ever won a league title in the lower tiers too.

• 2 years later...

I got you a list of clubs that might be of your interest:

New York City FC

Krasnodar

Hartlepool 

Gainsborough Trinity

Herfolge Boldklub Koge

Amiens SC

APO Leviadiakos

Telstar 1963

FC Bourg- Péronnas

UD Almería