Sometimes, it's the small things...

Hello,

Just realized one little feature in FM that I like a lot and never really thought about how much I enjoy it.

Champions League draw: watching the teams come up one by one.

Made me curious of how the community "watch" the European competitions draw :)

Any of the cup draws I like to watch - I tend to click the 'Next Team' button though. I always do it with an image of two stuffy guys from the FA, a velvet bag and numbered balls in my head. I well remember the ritual of watching it on BBC, waiting for your team's number to come out. For me, growing up in Altrincham, the third round draw was often an emotional rollercoaster - hence the memories.

11 hours ago, Snorks said:

I well remember the ritual of watching it on BBC, waiting for your team's number to come out. For me, growing up in Altrincham, the third round draw was often an emotional rollercoaster - hence the memories.

I still do this for FA Cup (3rd round onward) and League Cup when I can (so long as it's not drawn in Thailand like it stupidly was last year). It's kinda tradition for me to do it. 

Also if I plan to watch a draw, then I have to watch the game that comes before/after it (depending on how they lay it out).

4 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Rod Stewart comes in and we get pissed up.  It's wonderful.

I wondered how long it would take for that to be brought up! One of the most iconic cup draws ever! Well...most memorable.

On 29/08/2018 at 19:26, MagicHat said:

For the CL draw i put on a suit and play the champions league theme in the back ground and watch the draw live.

The first time I ever played in a Champions League Final, I definitely got suited and booted. 

Yes, I am a nerd.

Yes, I am okay with that. :D 

Archived