Teams to Manage - FM19

BanOly

8 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I’ve gone with QPR - they have a couple of good looking young prospects on the game. Also with an Indian chairman, I kinda feel at home as a fresh faced Indian manager coming in - it seems like a believable story! However I have selected low prior experience to start with and the squad already seems wary of me. Plus with no transfer budget and being over our wage budget - I think it’s going to be a good challenge. 

Have you started up a save on FM19 yet?

Good back story for you, best of luck with QPR. It may not be Eze, but should be a good challenge! I've not picked a team yet myself.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please promise not to sell Eze as he's the future of that club for as long as you can keep him. Lumley should be another to keep as long as you can.

I've decided to start with OH Leuven in Belgium, which will be my own (small and humble) tribute to the late Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha (RIP). I'll be able to play Thailand's current key player in goal, and will look to strengthen the club links with Thailand as I progress (plus I will probably maintain the strong bond with Leicester). I'll get around to an English side after that, but this just seems right for now.

Usually have Man Utd as my first save then Dortmund followed by Sky Bet Championship.

Think I will split between Dortmund and Aston Villa to start with then follow with Man Utd in due course.

Have ordered the game but in hospital waiting for a third open heart surgery so will hopefully get going in next fortnight or so.

Duds

8 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Please promise not to sell Eze as he's the future of that club for as long as you can keep him. Lumley should be another to keep as long as you can.

I've decided to start with OH Leuven in Belgium, which will be my own (small and humble) tribute to the late Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha (RIP). I'll be able to play Thailand's current key player in goal, and will look to strengthen the club links with Thailand as I progress (plus I will probably maintain the strong bond with Leicester). I'll get around to an English side after that, but this just seems right for now.

That’s great man. I didn’t realise their links with Leicester. Reading up about it now. Best of luck! 

Yes keeping Eze for sure and also Osayi-Samuel looks good. Unfortunately Eze got injured for 3 months in our second league game. 

On 30/10/2018 at 21:08, duds said:

Have ordered the game but in hospital waiting for a third open heart surgery so will hopefully get going in next fortnight or so.

Good luck, mate. At least the timing is good - you don't need any extra stress right now :D.

looked at 3. bundesliga, there're some interesting teams there: Kaiserslautern, 1860 Munchen, Hansa, Cottbus, Karlsruhe - will be interesting to lead one of these teams to the top.

If wanting to start in Tier 5 and 6 in England but need a hand on getting going (advantage over all, high expectations) then could do worse than go for Salford in Conference National or Torquay in tier 6 in Conference South.

Salford have come up from tier 7 or 8 rapidly (big ex-Man U greats plus Gary Neville in the background irl, might have seen the documentary's the BBC ran), signed Adam Rooney from Aberdeen and he is League One standard at least, on £4k p/w which in that division is insane. The transfer budget for Salford in that division is huge. Lots of potential. Background sugar daddy as well, Peter Lim.

Torquay are the tier below, Conference South, but a former league club and the only squad in the division that are full time. That is huge advantage down there in the lower depths!

Edited by Jibby123

On 01/09/2018 at 06:34, OJ403 said:

Not really sure what save to do as I like to have an "attachment" to the side I'm managing, or at least ideally it be easy to develop one. I am a Derby County fan so have done those saves to death and kind of want to see what FM Frankie can do. I have also done a LLM save with my 2nd team Nuneaton Town, and don't want to repeat myself. I'm also a bit bored of doing the pick a team and try and win the UCL as my only goal. Has anybody got any ideas as to an interesting team to use which I could develop a liking to but not just plod along to European success? I would kind of like to do a journeyman save, but again just plodding from job to job doesn't appeal, I would need a goal or concept, such as managing the Red Bull sides one by one. Thanks

I did my annual beta save with Stoke City FC.  I jumped out to a 12 point clear lead by Christmas, before ainjuries took their toll.  But now that the full game is out, I feel like doing something different.  I like one of two types of saves:  Either Journeyman saves starting at Division 2 in England.  This year, I'm thinking Grimsby may be the one for that.  Based on an article I read, they were the recommended D2 team to play.  The other scenario I like is a fallen giant.  I found Germany boring, so although Hamburg would be interesting, I'm looking elsewhere.  AC Milan would be a neat save.  I haven't done a Serie A save since I won the Champions LEague with Roma in FM10.  Marseille has never completely bounced back from their match fixing scandal years ago.  I haven't decided yet which way to go.

Challenge I did on FM18, AC Milan, but replicate the Rijakard, Guillt & Van Basten era. Choose Holland or another country (I did Croatia) and sign a CB, CM and a ST and build your team around them. Trying to beat their back to back Champions League (European Cups). Only beaten by Real in last few years. 

Might be real and do Holland on FM19, De Ligt, De Jong and perhaps Depay as ST.

Serbia was another one,lots of choices of young talented players or even 3 of England youth players.

Let me know what you think.....

I'm really struggling to pick a team this year. I was going with Watford, then changed to Bournemouth. But now thinking something outside of England.

At the moment I am toying between:

- Feyenoord (though PSV and Ajax much stronger at the moment and last time I done a save with them, it went horribly)

- Fiorentina (My only issue is the sheer volume of players in the u20/u18 squads, an issue with Italy in general, I like small squads)

- RB Salzburg (Austria Vienna sound more like a save I would want to do, but Salzburg would be a better save to learn the league)

- Real Sociedad (Always tempted by them, but the squad doesn't look that great)

But then I kind of want a team in a lower division, ideally with a bit of financial backing and very good youth setup.

34 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I'm really struggling to pick a team this year. I was going with Watford, then changed to Bournemouth. But now thinking something outside of England.

- Feyenoord (though PSV and Ajax much stronger at the moment and last time I done a save with them, it went horribly)

- Fiorentina (My only issue is the sheer volume of players in the u20/u18 squads, an issue with Italy in general, I like small squads)

- RB Salzburg (Austria Vienna sound more like a save I would want to do, but Salzburg would be a better save to learn the league)

But then I kind of want a team in a lower division, ideally with a bit of financial backing and very good youth setup.

AZ is a good team for the Eredivisie. They have loads of good young players to work with.

1 hour ago, craiigman said:

Blackburn Rovers? I've read they had something of £ 14M in transfer budget..

Everton have a very strong and balanced team this year. You could develop Tom Davies into a world-class midfielder, you have quality players like Pickford, Michael Keane, Zouma, Andre Gomes, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Richarlison etc. With the right tactics, you can challenge for the Premier League title in the 1st season with the default squad.

13 hours ago, dothestrand said:

AZ is a good team for the Eredivisie. They have loads of good young players to work with.

12 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Blackburn Rovers? I've read they had something of £ 14M in transfer budget..

I've gone RB Salzburg in the end, I've given in to the dark side. But thanks for the suggestions, will keep them in mind after I get bored with these.

I haven't got my version of FM19 yet, I hope I will receive it tomorrow in the mail! But maybe you guys can help me pick a side. 

I can't decide who to start with between these teams:

England: Arsenal, Man Utd, Watford, Wolves, Fulham
France: Lyon, Marseille, Monaco
Germany: Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Gladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen, Schalke, Stuttgart
Italy: Inter, Napoli, Lazio, AC Milan, Torino, Fiorentina, AS Roma
Spain: Atlético Madrid, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Betis, Valencia, Athletic Bilbao

Or maybe you got some better suggestions? I want an European team who pose a nice challenge, Europa League-football is a plus! A bit of transferbudget too! And of course a nice squad!

Edited by BadAss88

I've  gone for Melilla - inspired by the cup draw between them and Real Madrid (in real life) - I like a lower league challenge and I also like the idea of trying to get a team to  the top who aren't even based on mainland Spain (They are in the Spanish enclave over in Morocco)

I think it's going to be tough, small squad and no money so its very much about tactics and coaching. I've no idea if  the opportunity to improve the squad will come as I dont know where the money is coming from later...

I'm kinda wondering if being in Morocco I will get good african scouting knowledge or not so fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

I haven't got my version of FM19 yet, I hope I will receive it tomorrow in the mail! But maybe you guys can help me pick a side. 

Germany: Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Gladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen, Schalke, Stuttgart
Spain: Atlético Madrid, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Betis, Valencia, Athletic Bilbao

Or maybe you got some better suggestions? I want an European team who pose a nice challenge, Europa League-football is a plus! A bit of transferbudget too! And of course a nice squad!

I always do a game with Valencia, lived there for 18 months and theyre my second team, but they're a great team to build with. Good youth system, new stadium in a couple of years and a solid team foundation to challenge with.

Germany has to be Leverkusen - the chalkenge of winning their first ever title with some amazing youth.

Italy - for me, Fiorentina; a rowdy fan base, beautiful kit, some great young players coming through including Chiesa who should be insane, but can be sold for plenty a penny to buy 2-3 players.

England - maybe Fulham. Low expectations but the chance to achieve something special. London area and a good youth system, building around 2/3 great young talents.

France - id be tempted by lyon. Some great attacking players and a realistic chance of catching psg.

Edited by Steve Cobble
Spelling errors

15 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

I had a super fun game in FM18 with Fiorentina so would recommend them. Some fantastic youngsters in the squad - Chiesa, Simeone, Benassi and Lafont. And I believe this time around Milenlkovic has also received a huge upgrade. Def keep Chiesa  at all costs, and with one or two good signings you should be able to challenge domestically. 

Had a safe with Fiorentina a couple of years back when they had Mario Gomez, Giuseppe (always injured) Rossi, Borja Valero, Marcus Alonso, etc.

Their squad completely changed now. I'm sure it's a fun save. 

On 21/08/2018 at 01:24, zlatanera said:

Real Madrid would be my final recc, as "How Do You Solve A Question Like Ronaldo (being gone)?" is a fun save, and their squad has effectively just got younger and more Spanish whilst maintaining star quality in the likes of Bale, Isco. Still 10 days for Perez to shock us all though, and sign a World Cup star just like he always does.

Yeh just went for that, actually saw this as an interesting challenge considering the high expectations and the real life issues they have. 

Post Ronaldo era, some of the other main players like Modric, Marcelo and Ramos now approaching the end of their careers and will need replacing in a few years, with Kroos and Bale probably needing replacing a little further down the line.

They also spent pretty heavily IRL so you have about £50 million to spend, which is not really 'galactico' level. 

8 minutes ago, Corndog69 said:

I need some inspiration! I can’t figure out who to start with! I want sort of an Atlético style rise, from mid table to challenging for the league! Not sure who to go with.. any suggestions?? 

Real Betis if spain. Torino, italy. Bremen, Germany.

Palermo are really good too but in Italian second division. Had some great big strikers over the years like   Atlético did

Edited by wilkz

Man Utd -  The team I support, but haven't managed since early 00s Championship manager because boring, now they've properly fallen from grace, they become an interesting prospect again. 

Bournemouth - They play 4-4-2 with Wingers, how I grew up to love football. 

Norwich -  My home city, got a good group of young players. 

Gladbach - Always, usually my main save, my go to German team, great history, good young players, the players really suit 4-4-2 as well. 

Sampdoria/Torino - Not decided on my Italian team of choice, probably Sampdoria, loved the early 90s team that won the league. Only gripe is they lack options for width

Teams where I can immediately play with a strike partnership of Treq - Pressing Forward and a segundo Volante 

1 hour ago, wilkz said:

Real Betis if spain. Torino, italy. Bremen, Germany.

Palermo are really good too but in Italian second division. Had some great big strikers over the years like   Atlético did

I think I’m gonna go with Torino! Thanks! Zaza and Belotti have swung it for me!

7 hours ago, jden86 said:

I am looking for a lower league team to manage, usually go Vanarama leagues in England but open to other European clubs but must be a few leagues down. Really want something with a great or unique back story.

FC United - the obvious still needs to be stated. If there's a db update out that unlocks Serie D then SSC Bari would be a good shout - they've previously managed to sell out their distinctive 50,000+ seater in Serie B before being relegated due to financial reasons. Aurelio De Laurentis took them over and refounded them. I'm not sure if they're in the big stadium or not though. In 3. Bundesliga Kaiserslautern or 1860 Munich would be good ones - four times former champions and once the biggest club in Munich, respectively.

10 hours ago, GianniM said:

Thought about that but then went for Sporting Gijon instead as they have better facilities

I’m thinking about going to serie C in Italy , my family are from England but my grandad being Italian was born in a place called Caserta in Italy , looked up there local team and it’s Casertana F.C. , no history really but a 12,000 seat stadium could build my own legacy there 

LIVERPOOL = Have a very best squad, match with gegenpress tactic

INTER MILAN = One of best transfer, qualified to UCL group stage

DORTMUND = Have a very best youngster and wonderkid, qualified to UCL group stage

LEVERKUSEN = Same as Dortmund with youngster, want to beat FC Bayern in domestic

2 hours ago, jden86 said:

Cheers peeps, at this stage I'm looking at Salford or FC United. I've made half-assed attempts with them prior but nothing special.

So far I have started with Salford and it is really enjoyable. You won't really get a budget though, so if you are looking to sign players it is all on free transfers & loans.

30 minutes ago, eplekrar said:

I'm having fun with a Brighton save. Expected to attempt to avoid relegation. Loads of technically skilled players, big budget in January. I'm experimenting and trying to create a slow build-up, short passing style.

Who did you sign for Brighton, I am tempted to do a save with them, also how much were you given to spend in January.

On 08/11/2018 at 12:37, Pablo Sanchez said:

For me I've gone Red Bull Salzburg to start with their nice cash now i want to break into cham,pions league QRT's etc

Then maybe 1860 Munich I think.

Not sure who else. 

Salzburg transfer budget isn't that much you know

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Who did you sign for Brighton, I am tempted to do a save with them, also how much were you given to spend in January.

Didn't do too much in January. I signed Fiete Arp (who's banging in goals), Hernani on loan (been injured), Boyata, Brahim Diaz (on loan) and Douglas Santos (left back).

Was given 40 million or so, and I sold a few players as well. 

Planning to bring in a winger, a GK, a DM, a CB and a creative midfielder in the summer.

15 hours ago, XcilPersion said:

So far I have started with Salford and it is really enjoyable. You won't really get a budget though, so if you are looking to sign players it is all on free transfers & loans.

I've signed the below so far with a couple to follow... Gideon Adu-Peprah, CM Regen who looks to be a star but big clubs chasing him, I want to loan a CM.

1457303143_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.16eac52bfbdec6303f810a79f3925287.png