A career in England?! Fire and Blood!

MarcxD

January 2020

january_transfers.png

I signed two new players, but I didn't realize Tait had already played for two different clubs this season so I can't even use him until next season! :ackter:

january.png

Mostly a good month again, what a start as well!

january_league_table.png

10 points behind Salford, but 18 ahead of the non-playoff spots, so play-offs look very likely with only 12 regular league games remaining. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 2020 + Youth Intake

february.png

Shocking defeat to Crawley but otherwise good and through to the semi-final of the FA Trophy!

february_league_table.png

youth_intake.png

Not really much to say about it, the intakes are not going to be of much use for a while. Good to know we can get some double nationalities in though.

May 2020

may.png

We were able to get to the play-off final but Billericay was just a little bit too strong. It would've been crazy to get through three play-offs in a row. We did play our first Wembley game!

may_league_table.png

6 hours ago, adamdfry said:

Another reason to hate Billericay and Salford :(

At least next season they're no longer there. Should make the task of promotion a little easier than this year.

Depends who comes down from League 2. ;) 

6 hours ago, MarcxD said:

This is kind of crazy, but okay.

What is your current capacity?

Excellent progress, unlucky to lose out in the final.

Re Brexit: The Brexit you have sees a 17 foreign player limit and no work permits in leagues that have squad registrations, which is just the Premier League*. All the other divisions will use the new work permit criteria so in theory you can have an unlimited number of foreign players here provided they get a work permit.
EU players playing at a club as Brexit come in are exempt from needing a work permit until they are transferred or released.
Ireland while remaining in the EU have dispensation where their players are treated as non foreign, ie the same as any other UK player.

*correct me if I'm wrong and other leagues have registration.

18 hours ago, adamdfry said:

Another reason to hate Billericay and Salford :(

At least next season they're no longer there. Should make the task of promotion a little easier than this year.

Perhaps...

12 hours ago, dllu said:

Depends who comes down from League 2. ;) 

What is your current capacity?

...but this is a valid point.

My capacity is 6K (650 seated), while the planned capacity seems to be 4K. :thdn:

11 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Excellent progress, unlucky to lose out in the final.

Re Brexit: The Brexit you have sees a 17 foreign player limit and no work permits in leagues that have squad registrations, which is just the Premier League*. All the other divisions will use the new work permit criteria so in theory you can have an unlimited number of foreign players here provided they get a work permit.
EU players playing at a club as Brexit come in are exempt from needing a work permit until they are transferred or released.
Ireland while remaining in the EU have dispensation where their players are treated as non foreign, ie the same as any other UK player.

*correct me if I'm wrong and other leagues have registration.

Cheers, that clears some stuff up.

Pre-Season + August 2020

pre_season_predicted.png

Still only predicted to finish 22nd...

pre_season_transfers.png

Renewed the team again... not too many loan players this time around. Maybe some later.

pre_season_august.png

Pre-season was lacklustre, got soundly defeated by clubs in higher leagues and we couldn't even beat Brentwood who are down in tier 7. 

We started well in the league though!

august_league_table.png

Unlucky not to get promoted but maybe a blessing in disguise, chance to strengthen the squad a bit more before a promotion this season hopefully. 

The brexit situation isn't as bad as it seems like Nobby said. In my London AC save I had to get a work permit for every foreigner player I tried to sign and most were rejected first time. 

On 10/08/2018 at 12:40, ToMexico!! said:

Unlucky not to get promoted but maybe a blessing in disguise, chance to strengthen the squad a bit more before a promotion this season hopefully. 

The brexit situation isn't as bad as it seems like Nobby said. In my London AC save I had to get a work permit for every foreigner player I tried to sign and most were rejected first time. 

Thanks mate, I thought it wasn't too bad really but all those work permit rules got my head spinning.

March 2021 + Youth Intake

march.png

Not ideal... didn't make it to the final of the FA Trophy again.

march_league_table.png

We are first, but with Grimsby on our heels. 

march_youth_intake.png

march_youth_intake_2_cough.png

As we all know by now, golden generations mean nothing at all.

march_youth_intake_3_ok.png

Don't mind mister Bond though, it's just that I don't see myself using too many youth players for now since I hope we grow too quickly for them.

April 2021

april.png

Needed more... especially against Grimby. That was our chance.

april_league_table.png

As it is, we're going to need them to screw up in their last match if we want to win the title. Otherwise, it's the play-offs again.

Season Review 2020-2021

post_season_season_review.png

Very good season in the league.

post_season_best_eleven.png

New record for a topscorer for loanee Massey!

post_season_best_eleven_overall.png

post_season_squad.png

Not necessarily all of the players whose contracts are ending in 2021 will be leaving, but most will. League Two will be different. 

post_season_nonsense.png

So we had a message after last season that we are going to build a new stadium at some point, but in the meantime we are going to expand our current one?! 

post_season_table.png

Haven't bothered trying to expand our facilities yet. Perhaps I should get to that soon.

Pre-season + August 2021

pre_season_job_offer.png

I got one job offer, rejected it of course.

pre_season_odds.png

Expected to finish last which is no surprise. We face Salford City again, but not Billericay as they have got promoted to League One already. I have no idea about the jump in quality so we'll see what's possible.

pre_season_transfers.png

Big renovation of the team, with Keith Massey staying one more year on loan as well. We can only have 5 loan players in a match squad though, so each time one will have to sit a game out. A variety of new strikers, defenders and midfielders here.

pre_season_august.png

Pre-season was okay, with a loss to Dulwich in the league below but with a win over Port Vale who play in League one and not outclassed by Brentford in the Championship. 

When the season started for real, we did really well. All league games were won... and remarkably it was a pretty close game against Crystal Palace in the EFL Cup. They didn't play their strongest team, of course, but still good to see.

august_league_tabl.png

In first... would be very surprised if that's going to last. But whatever's going to happen, loving this.

October 2021

october.png

After a strong start we are having our first streak of bad form this season...

october_record.png

But there was this, at least.

october_league_table.png

A lot can happen in a single month... dropped eight places.

November 2021

november.png

Tough, tough month. Long winless streak ended with the last game against Leyton Orient, who are last in the league.... We did manage to go through in the EFL Trophy.

november_checkatrade_group.png

november_league_table.png

Eleventh and mid-table still isn't that bad though, and if we can get some form back we might still challenge for the play-off spots.

november_job_offer.png

Have been linked with a variety of clubs, Coventry was one who actually approached me as well. No.

December 2021

december.png

Much better, although we are still inconsistent - and very much dependent on our strikers having a good day.

december_league_table.png

Tenth halfway, good enough...

december_job_offer_2.png

december_job_offer.png

Two more job offers, including a Dutch one since I loaded those leagues as well. Interesting to see that already. Also Newport offered me the job the day before we played them in the league... poor.

January 2022

january_signings.png

Four new signings to bolster the defence as I think that is probably our weakest part of the team.

january.png

We did okay this month... 

january_league_table.png

Only 3 points separate us from the play-offs... 

February 2022

february.png

Any month where we don't lose is a decent one really. The game against Stevenage is pretty huge since we won thanks to two different youth players scoring, first time that happened.

Now two points behind the play-offs....

february_takeover_talk.png

Possible second take-over of this save already, the finances are definitely terrible at the moment. In previous years there were some board cash injections but those haven't really happened this season so we're in the red.

April 2022

april.png

Incredible month... winning 4-0 against Fleetwood who have won the league... nevermind the 8-4 that followed. The only slightly disappointing thing is to end with a loss.

april_league_table.png

We finished in sixth at the end, play-offs it is... 

april_takeover_1.png

april_takeover_2.png

Takeover was finished as well - not really ideal with another loan... but we'll manage.

May 2022

may.png

may_promotion.png

Wow. Wow!!

I was fearing the worst when I saw we had to play Crewe Alexandra since they beat us two times in the league and convincingly at that. But we absolutely bossed them at home and made it to our second play-off final on Wembley (after two years ago when we lost to Billericay).

This time we had to face Blackpool, and we were amazing. Two straight promotions, wow, I did not see that one coming. I really did not.

Season Review 2021-2022

post_season_season_review.png

Incredible season, much better than expected. Now to see if we can stay up in League One.

post_season_best_eleven.png

There was inconsistency but some players did very well - prehaps the most remarkable when you look at the ratings is Matt Tootle who joined the club in january... 

post_season_best_eleven_overall.png

Very few of these players are still at the club... GK Patterson is one of the few.

post_season_squad_1.pngpost_season_squad_2.png

I used a lot of players and even some youth players... though very sporadically. Laycock and Massey will stay for another year on loan, the others will not. 

post_season_manager_of_the_year.png

Not very surprising but I did win manager of the year.

post_season_new_stadium.png

There was news about the promised stadium... absolute madness. 5K capacity? Almost 7M? ... :herman:

post_season_debt.png

post_season_table.png

Pre-Season + August 2022

pre_season_prediction.png

Predicted to finish last, again, of course. Billericay is here, and apparently looking to get promoted already. Blackburn and Sunderland, those are some clubs on another level...

pre_season_job_offer_1.png

Speaking of Blackburn... biggest club so far that offered me a job.

pre_season_transfers.png

A couple of loan players including one from our new parent club, and some free signings elsewhere...

pre_season_august.png

A bit of a rough pre-season although we didn't do that bad - a very good start in the actual league though including a huge win over Sunderland!

august_league_table.png

In sixth but I'm not going to get ahead of myself already...

September 2022

september.png

Crazy month - our first two losses including one against Billericay.... I really want to crush them at some point. After a tough game against Bristol, though, we had the best win so far in this save. WTF. 7-1 against Blackburn Rovers...

september_league_table.png

september_junior_coaching.png

september_youth_recruitment.png

Two upgrades, finally.

December 2022

december.png

Not the most convincing of wins but we did get a lot of points and cup wins.

december_league_table.png

Exciting to be around the play-off positions still.

december_job_offer.png

december_job_offer_2.png

Two more job offers, remarkable to get the ADO job opportunity, a pretty big club in the Eredivisie.

January 2023

january.png

A harsh start to the month but wow we did amazingly well after that. Including a 3-0 win over Billericay! :D

january_league_table.png

We have a huge 8 point lead on the non-play off spots... I am starting to believe we can make the play-offs again.

February 2023

february.png

Ouch, not really the time to get a huge dip in form...

Still in fourth, remarkably, and even closer than earlier to the automatic promotion spots as Billericay has done awful.

february_junior_coaching.png

february_youth_recruitment.png

february_youth_facilities_youth_level.png

More upgrades and we should finally be getting a youth level.

february_job_offer.png

february_job_offer_2.png

Two job offers - possibly the first one from a Championship side in Barnsley but also one from Rochdale who play in League Two....

2 minutes ago, adamdfry said:

Nice to see Adams among the goals!

Definitely! I had barely given him any playing time in the first half of the season since the other strikers were performing so strongly but with the minutes he's getting now he's doing very well for himself.

March 2023 + Youth Intake

march.png

Ups and downs... beating first place Portsmouth but losing to Coventry who are in the relegation spots...

march_league_table.png

Still in the play-off spots with a buffer of six points with six games to go...

march_youth_intake.png

Decent intake with regards to the ratings but not sure about any of the players.

march_job_offer.png

march_job_offer_2.png

Two more job offers including another Dutch one.

April 2023

april.png

Ridiculous... Biggest win yet, 9-1!! 

april_league_table.png

We even got pretty close to the top two, who both did pretty poorly in the end but Billericay did enough to win the title... we are in the play-offs, MK Dons will be our opponent in the first match up.

april_record.png

Incredible stuff in our first season in League One -- in the end it was 117 goals.

Archived