Make an exception for expensive youth signings

2feet

Ive got a Director of Football, and he is set to negotiate contracts for youth players.

But I recently tried to purchase a 17 year old who cost over £30M because hes super talented. After finally getting my bid accepted, my DoF then came flying in and automatically negotiated a  contract with low incentives because he expected the player to join my youth ranks!

So I switched the settings so I took responsibility for youth contract negotiations then I tried to renegotiate the contract but I was not allowed to.

Not surprisingly, the player rejected the contract and I lost the opportunity to sign him, which is gutting because I did the hard work of finding him and getting a bid accepted.

There should be a way for the game to offer you the opportunity to make an exception for youth players that are obviously expensive and obviously going to go into the first team not the youth team. A message could say 'Because this is an expensive signing, DoF is asking for confirmation that you want him to negotiate it or whether he should step aside for you to negotiate it as an exceptional signing.

This would be much like when you are able to temporarily take over a players focus training specialty.

Generally I want my DoF to negotiate youth team contracts, but there are occasional exceptions. Perhaps you could set a figure, so all youth players signed for over £10M to be contract negotiated by the user, etc.

• 4 months later...

Archived