Flexible formation

Tridie2000

As we’ve seen during this years World Cup (2018), teams change their formation when they lost the ball. For example, you start the match with a 4-4-2 formation. When you capture the ball, 1 defender moves to the midfield and 1 midfielder moves to the striker position so the formation becomes 3-4-3. When the opponent captures the ball, the formation again becomes 4-4-2. Of course you can choose which player(s) change position.

Edited by Tridie2000

8 hours ago, Tridie2000 said:

As we’ve seen during this years World Cup (2018), teams change their formation when they lost the ball. For example, you start the match with a 4-4-2 formation. When you capture the ball, 1 defender moves to the midfield and 1 midfielder moves to the striker position so the formation becomes 3-4-3. When the opponent captures the ball, the formation again becomes 4-4-2. Of course you can choose which player(s) change position.

This you can do already, so what's different in your suggestion? You can set your formation and then alter your shape in possession with roles and more specifically - duties.

8 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

This you can do already, so what's different in your suggestion? You can set your formation and then alter your shape in possession with roles and more specifically - duties.

I know it is possible to set roles and duties, but wouldn’t it be cool if a central defender became a deep lying playmaker once the team captures the ball?

7 hours ago, Tridie2000 said:

I know it is possible to set roles and duties, but wouldn’t it be cool if a central defender became a deep lying playmaker once the team captures the ball?

As @HUNT3R said most things are possible with formation, roles, duties and PIs. The game doesn't need a With Ball/Without Ball screen anymore precisely because we have roles, duties and PIs. Your formation is your defensive shape (i.e - your shape without the ball), your roles, duties & PIs tell your players what to do in transition (i.e - your shape with the ball)

• 4 months later...