Sunday league player and no coaching badges - More difficult?

Hi,

I have always started CM/FM saves with no badges and lowest reputation. On FM18 it seems like they made it more difficult and easier to lose patience within the squad when your playing in leagues like PL or Championship. 

Is it just me or is that a fact? When you play in PL/Championship do you play with no reputation and badges, or do u adjust a bit?

Always a subject for debate. Some people think it's more realistic to start with no coaching experience and Sunday league playing career - because that describes them in real life. But they'd never get a job in real life professional football that way. Which is why, I think, the game gives a quick option to set your experience according to the club. Beyond that, it can act like a difficulty level - high-level experience makes it a bit easier at lower levels, and vice versa.

And you're right - it is more noticeable in this year's version because of the Dynamics feature. And I'd expect Dynamics to be developed further, which will probably make it even harder in FM19.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

Always a subject for debate. Some people think it's more realistic to start with no coaching experience and Sunday league playing career - because that describes them in real life. But they'd never get a job in real life professional football that way. Which is why, I think, the game gives a quick option to set your experience according to the club. Beyond that, it can act like a difficulty level - high-level experience makes it a bit easier at lower levels, and vice versa.

And you're right - it is more noticeable in this year's version because of the Dynamics feature. And I'd expect Dynamics to be developed further, which will probably make it even harder in FM19.

Yeah you are absolutely right. Would never get a job in the top leagues without any "coaching badges" in real life. I just do it because I've always done it, but I really feel the struggle when I try to develop some complex tactics etc and don't get results right from the beginning. 

Archived