Approaching the semi finals, who do you think will win the world cup?

decapitated

Approaching the semi finals, who do you think will win the world cup?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think would win the world cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/18 at 16:44

France clear favorites, so they should win, but since favorites don't win in this WC, then someone else will win in the end.

I would love to see Belgium or Croatia winning though.

I can't pick Brazil anymore :D

Still think England will make the final, but will lose to whoever they play.

That said, I think Croatia will enjoy playing England more than Denmark and Russia. England will play, those two just put everyone behind the ball

At this point, the UK will surely celebrate no matter what happens.

Either England will win and the English will celebrate, or England will lose and everyone else in the UK will be the ones celebrating.

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

At this point, the UK will surely celebrate no matter what happens.

Either England will win and the English will celebrate, or England will lose and everyone else in the UK will be the ones celebrating.

There's around 50M more English folk than non-English Brits though, so it will be a happy minority if that's to be the case :D

Just now, Nordan said:

In truth it's wide open now, all 4 in with a good chance.

Yeah, you can see why people say France are clear favourites but apparently so were Brazil and look what happened there. Not hard to imagine Belgium beating them 2-1 again. Or if France progress - England/Croatia won't make it easy for France either. 

I think if France and Croatia play in the final it'll be a very disjointed game. Neither team plays particularly exciting or coherent football - both have yet to play to their clear qualities (could argue Croatia peaked in the groups with that 3-0 over Argentina). 

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

Yeah, you can see why people say France are clear favourites but apparently so were Brazil and look what happened there. Not hard to imagine Belgium beating them 2-1 again. Or if France progress - England/Croatia won't make it easy for France either. 

I think if France and Croatia play in the final it'll be a very disjointed game. Neither team plays particularly exciting or coherent football - both have yet to play to their clear qualities (could argue Croatia peaked in the groups with that 3-0 over Argentina). 

Belgium have impressed me the most, no doubt, but that means very little now. France have shown glimpses of class but very inconsistent.

England haven't impressed me at all, often a sign of winners (or losers :) ). Croatia muddling through but still in it.

This could be the first time we have 4 finalists!

Just now, Nordan said:

Belgium have impressed me the most, no doubt, but that means very little now. France have shown glimpses of class but very inconsistent.

England haven't impressed me at all, often a sign of winners (or losers :) ). Croatia muddling through but still in it.

This could be the first time we have 4 finalists!

I would love Belgium or Croatia to win it because they haven't won anything before. But France and England both only having 1 WC each is quite cool too. Surely the most inexperienced  (in terms of WCs won) 4 semi-finalists in international tournaments post-WWII.

2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

I would love Belgium or Croatia to win it because they haven't won anything before. But France and England both only having 1 WC each is quite cool too. Surely the most inexperienced  (in terms of WCs won) 4 semi-finalists in international tournaments post-WWII.

Yes, first time only minnows get that far!

2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Indeed, it's good that the usual suspects are gone. Going to be a big deal no matter who wins.

And it's probably the least likely scenario but a Belgium-Croatia final would be brilliant, knowing we will get a first time winner. A bit like 2010, although I was hoping the Netherlands would win on that particular night :(

France ought to win it. They haven't been great as a team yet, but their experience should give them the edge against Belgium, although both are excellent sides. Who gets through between England and Croatia is a difficult call: Croatia have two outstanding individuals (Rakitic/Modric) and several good ones, but the level of talent in their team varies wildly and as Russia proved, they have clear vulnerabilities. England are similar and have struggled to put together one consistently good performance even against poor-to-mediocre opposition (this afternoon's game coming closest, but even then, we were heavily beholden to Pickford), but might be carried through by that most fabled of English qualities - DESIRE. For that same reason, part of me thinks Russia might've been a harder game: they clearly lacked talent throughout their team, but really wanted to do their country proud on home soil and in a semi-final in Moscow, that refusal to give up might have sprung one more shock in their favour. Regardless, the winner of Belgium/France will be so clearly better than the winner of England/Russia that the final should be a relatively straightforward affair.

8 hours ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

westy8chimp voted for England!

I said England to win in the 'how far will england go' thread pre tournament. And pretty much every stage since if not all! We've had an untested route to semis... After that gruelling 120 mins wouldnt suprise me if half the croatia team is carrying muscle injuries and we win that game in a damp squib too. 

Create a poll on who we want to win...or who deserves to win... 

3 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

I said England to win in the 'how far will england go' thread pre tournament. And pretty much every stage since if not all! We've had an untested route to semis... After that gruelling 120 mins wouldnt suprise me if half the croatia team is carrying muscle injuries and we win that game in a damp squib too. 

Create a poll on who we want to win...or who deserves to win... 

Glad to have you on board the #ItsComingHome train!

Now ask Bliss Seeker to remove you from the Wall of Shame.

I tell you who is not winning it

Scotland, Wales or Ireland

Take your Euro 2016 Semis and your Costa Ricas and your Henry handball and sit there praying we dont win the whole damn lot.

Because football is coming home... to England, not the UK, but ENGLAND. Its ours and ours only :D

Silly meaningless stat but since 1990, all teams that eliminate Brazil reach the final or win the title:

1990 - Argentina
1998 - France
2006 - France
2010 - Netherlands
2014 - Germany

I'd love to see England win the World Cup, and before the tournament started I put bets on France and Croatia, so I guess  wouldn't be too disappointed if either of them won.  But with the players they have I just can't see Belgium not doing it.  I think they just have too much quality in attacking areas.  

Archived