Round of 16: Colombia v England (19:00 BST ITV1)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think it was a red by the way, not enough in it. If Ronaldo gets a yellow for his “elbow”, it’s only fair that the Colombian gets a yellow for his “headbutt”.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Coach elbowing Sterling then blaming him. These Colombians are very pathetic people. Hope we absolutely smash them so they can **** off home.

Yeah let's just ignore the likes of Harry Maguire being a knob and act as if it's all one way.

It's admirable that people are standing by Sterling as he's demonised by some of the press, and for Southgate to keep giving him endless chances for him to get his "screw you" moment to them but I think it's time we accept he's not working in this current England set up and is not playing well. Haul him off.

1 minute ago, Andrew_ said:

Elbowed Sterling if you listen to the guys in the studio.

Little brush of the shoulder as he goes by if you watch it.

Yeah it's a bit naughty but it's hardly the major thing people in here/on ITV are making out.

Just now, Mr Adam said:

I’ve always known Clattenberg was from the north east but for some reason his accent really throws me. Looks like he should come out with an Essex twang

He's from the same town as Mr. Bean

4 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Coach elbowing Sterling then blaming him. These Colombians are very pathetic people. Hope we absolutely smash them so they can **** off home.

I missed this to get a cuppa. :(

Hehe almost wish that Rosenberg still played for Sweden seeing these two teams lose their ****. He could get someone sent off in a millisecond if they're gonna be this heated. Rosenberg is the most annoying footballer in existence.

ITV ffs :D

Clattenburg more or less says "I can see why the VAR thinks it's a yellow, but it's more likely a red".  Basically because it starts as a yellow and it's the way the head rises that would make it a red.

Pougatch just ignores that and bangs on that Clattenburg  is saying it's a definite red.

Interesting game. Both teams seem pretty equal imo. Colombia is really missing James though. 

Barrios should probably have been given red, but that theatrical reaction from Henderson :D. I always thought they despise reactions like that in England. 

3 minutes ago, av3ry said:

We've seen players get 3 match bans in the Premier League for less than what Barrios got away with.

We've also seen Ashley Young get away with elbowing people during corners.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Which of Vardy and Rashford are going into midfield then

I  doubt that will ever happen. And as you can tell, that was more a knee jerk reaction for subbing two players who are now ineffective. I just want to see Vardy play up top or Rashford alongside Kane,

2 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

It's clear the Colombian coach did that with Sterling over the incident with Sterling & Mina, but ITV have decided to forget that ever happened.

We get It, you're sad Wales didn't qualify.

Just now, Weezer said:

Neville actually talks quite a lot of bollocks for such a respected pundit doesn't he?

He's been like this for ages. Good as a pundit with pre-prepared material. Terrible otherwise, especially as commentator when he just drives an agenda down your throat regardless of the match flow.

4 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

That makes it alright then

I didn't say it did. But at least that puts some kind of context into it, rather than it being utterly random. It's daft from the Colombian official and i'd have sent him to the stands, but I just wanted some context.

Archived