Round of 16: Colombia v England (19:00 BST ITV1)

31 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Also fwiw I really don't think it's that odd to have no pleasure in supporting a national side that makes me think of stuff like Brexit, EDL, Islamophobia, and idiots like my cousins partner :D.

If that's what you think of when you think England then that's more on you to be fair :D

Maybe stay off Facebook? 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much the team id go with. RLC has been steady, but Alli helps so much for a higher press and energy in final third. Plus RLC coming off bench to abuse some tired legs is good. Just hope we take our chances early on when we press hard unlike Tunisia where we missed loads :( 

1 minute ago, Dave Vessey said:

Surely Carlos Sanchez has a comedy moment or two in him that we can capitalise on?

Image result for ospina gif

Honestly though, one of our biggest strengths is from corners and free-kicks whipped into the box. That's certainly something we can exploit with that clown in goal :D 

18 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

If that's what you think of when you think England then that's more on you to be fair :D

Maybe stay off Facebook? 

More because of when i think good things about the country I think UK/Britain and consider myself very much British, I'm all down for supporting team GB! I only think of England when i think of sports and dickheads.

I don't bother with Facebook luckily :thup:.

I haven't been as excited/nervous about an England match since 2006. If we put on a good performance and it isn't enough, I'll be satisfied, but there'll be this nagging feeling that we've missed a trick. In my 20 years of supporting the team, this is probably the closest we've come to doing something special.

My prediction is a heartbreaking late 2-1 defeat. I am not convinced we can handle the pressure as much as the Colombians can.

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

Is there anyone of these England players you'd want on your side in a street fight? 

I don't think there is :(

What if Colombia get all cartel on us? :(

Have you seen the size of Maguire's head? ****ing Mr Mackey. He drops that on you and you're going down.

2 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Have you seen the size of Maguire's head? ****ing Mr Mackey. He drops that on you and you're going down.

But if they throw down around Lingard? By the time Mguire gets up the pitch he'd have been lamped a few :(

Sterling :(

Henderson :(

Trippier :(

Kane's magic chin :(

12 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Danny Murphy made a good point earlier, basically saying with the first team not playing for 9 days it might take them 15-20 minutes etc to get up to speed again. 

Could be a blessing of course too. Fresh legs and all. 

Probably needed a bit of a wind down after a long Premier League campaign.

Just now, Ackter said:

Whereas the English anthem is so turgid I'm amazed the team can even be bothered to kick the ball after singing it.

This. I'd like to think most foreign anthems are songs about patriotism and loving your country. Ours is about a bearded bloke looking after an old biddy.

Archived