Match 55 - Sweden VS Switzerland - 3pm KO

Baptista_8

Who will advance?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take this one?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/18 at 15:05

1 minute ago, Cedrik said:

Can't all those Scandinavian countries organise their own tournament? That way they don't have bore the world with their ****** football. 

Why do you even watch? Seems like you post some variation of how boring Sweden are every time a Sweden game is discussed here. And unless I'm confusing you with someone else, you've been doing it for years. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

Can't all those Scandinavian countries organise their own tournament? That way they don't have bore the world with their ****** football. 

Did you cry when Greece magnificently won the Euros?

1 minute ago, Lathund said:

Why do you even watch? Seems like you post some variation of how boring Sweden are every time a Sweden game is discussed here. And unless I'm confusing you with someone else, you've been doing it for years. 

I'm surprised anyone is finding this game boring tbh, action all over and decent chances too. All it is missing is an over hyped primadonna rolling around on the floor. 

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

Did you cry when Greece magnificently won the Euros?

To be quite honest, I can't remember. 

5 minutes ago, Lathund said:

You're confusing me with someone else. Although I have been fairly critical of Sweden this tournament :)

Just now, ArsenalFan7 said:

Keep missing boys, want those super six points for the 0-0 :brock: 

With all these chances, one's bound to go in eventually, no idea who to though.

Not with Berg on the end of them :D Guy is woeful.

He seems to have this poacher rep and half-way decent scoring record but whenever I see him play he's always so so bad.

This isn't great quality but it's not boring, certainly not compared to another match involving another Nordic team earlier in the tournament.

Somehow, I don't think either of these teams will make the Semi Finals.

3 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Not with Berg on the end of them :D Guy is woeful.

He seems to have this poacher rep and half-way decent scoring record but whenever I see him play he's always so so bad.

Is there even a striker between the two nations that could be described as anything above average? :D 

I certainly expected this to be more tedious given the occasion but this is more entertaining than Croatia-Denmark despite the lack of goals. Sweden's games haven't been that bad really, they were terrific against Mexico and for all the lack of possession they're immense on the counter and carve out a fair few chances.

Oh I know that feeling so well. 

The ball comes over everyone, you sneek in at the back, it's begging to be smacked, begging to be utter twatted... it falls so beautifully on the volley and then whack, you're just not good enough mate. Side foot it, head it, anything but go for a screamer. 

He'd be feeling such a plonker for the rest of the game now. 

Just now, ArsenalFan7 said:

Is there even a striker between the two nations that could be described as anything above average? :D 

Nope, and we have nothing on the bench or at home that could change that either. Oh how I long for a new Henrik Larsson...

1 minute ago, Mr Wallin said:

Nope, and we have nothing on the bench or at home that could change that either. Oh how I long for a new Henrik Larsson...

Bring back Frei and Larsson and this game would be far better.

Sweden are hampered by a great lack of quality on a number of positions. It has been team effort and organisation that has brought them this far. Straight forward direct play, two banks of four defending and just run like hell for your teammates. Player for player we are worse than most teams in the tournament.

Just now, mark1985 said:

Hopp Schwiiz. My power has come back on in time for the second half. 

You didn't miss much in terms of quality. Was entertaining tbf, but more in a keystone cops/schadenfreude manor :D.

20 minutes ago, CFuller said:

This isn't great quality but it's not boring, certainly not compared to another match involving another Nordic team earlier in the tournament.

Somehow, I don't think either of these teams will make the Semi Finals.

It's no Belgium-Japan or France-Argentina though. Sweden are showing how reliant they were on Zlatan before now, and they don't have another goalscorer like him to take over. At least Zlatan came in immediately after Henrik.

5 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

It's no Belgium-Japan or France-Argentina though. Sweden are showing how reliant they were on Zlatan before now, and they don't have another goalscorer like him to take over. At least Zlatan came in immediately after Henrik.

Yet they got out of the group...unlike Euro 2016. Although if VAR was around then they should have then as well!

3 minutes ago, Thengil said:

Sweden are hampered by a great lack of quality on a number of positions. It has been team effort and organisation that has brought them this far. Straight forward direct play, two banks of four defending and just run like hell for your teammates. Player for player we are worse than most teams in the tournament.

It doesn't have so much to do with a lack of quality imo, they are deliberately playing this way. I don't think anything would be different if they would have a few better players. Besides that, they already got a few decent players with Forsberg, Claesson, Ekdal, Lindelöf and Augustinsson. 

2 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

It doesn't have so much to do with a lack of quality imo, they are deliberately playing this way. I don't think anything would be different if they would have a few better players. Besides that, they already got a few decent players with Forsberg, Claesson, Ekdal, Lindelöf and Augustinsson. 

Of course it is deliberate. It's called playing to your strengths while denying your opponent to do the same while compensating for your own weaknesses.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Morocco played well, Iran was super defensive.

I didn't see the Spain game but it wasn't like their attacking play brought lots of great chances against Iran or Portugal.

Archived