Match 55 - Sweden VS Switzerland - 3pm KO

Baptista_8

Who will advance?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take this one?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/18 at 15:05

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

I hope this is decent.  However I can see another soporific game like Switzerland v Ukraine 2006 where they basically both played for penalties from the first whistle.

Urgh, don't remind me. I seriously can't remember watching a worse World Cup match.

I reckon this match will be the lowlight of the last 16. Sweden to nick it by a single goal and set up a Quarter Final with Colombia.

5 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

I hope this is decent.  However I can see another soporific game like Switzerland v Ukraine 2006 where they basically both played for penalties from the first whistle.

Still the worst world cup game I've ever seen :(.

17 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I reckon this match will be the lowlight of the last 16. Sweden to nick it by a single goal and set up a Quarter Final with Colombia.

I see what you did there..... double jinxing for the win!

7 minutes ago, daylight said:

I see what you did there..... double jinxing for the win!

Partly that, and partly because I honestly think Colombia will beat England tonight (but that's for another thread). :(

2 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

When you realise 54 matches have been played already and there's only 10 left :(

I think all 16 knocked out teams from the groups should go into their own mini-tournament :D

Should have the losers of each bracket play each other all the way through tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Should have the losers of each bracket play each other all the way through tbh. 

Like video game tournaments, all losers go into the losers bracket for a place in the final, where they'd have to beat the winners bracket finalist twice 

7 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Like video game tournaments, all losers go into the losers bracket for a place in the final, where they'd have to beat the winners bracket finalist twice 

I was thinking like the U20s Rugby World Championship this year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_World_Rugby_Under_20_Championship

So at the quarter finals stage, you'd have the teams go into a 5th-8th place playoff groupings.

at the round of 16, you'd have 9th-16th place groupings.

etc.

Alex Scott said Switzerland are missing two key defenders, which means, "You've got young players like Lang coming in there, not their normal right-back, and then Djourou as well."

Michael Lang is 27 and Johan Djourou is 31. :D

12 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

I was thinking like the U20s Rugby World Championship this year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_World_Rugby_Under_20_Championship

So at the quarter finals stage, you'd have the teams go into a 5th-8th place playoff groupings.

at the round of 16, you'd have 9th-16th place groupings.

etc.

No one already cares about the 3rd/4th Playoff :D need an incentive 

Excited to see what Michael Lang can do on that level, only Super League player in the squad. Very dangerous in front of the goal for a right back, he scored lots in the league and CL this season. Could see him score the only goal of the day.

Edit: Thanks Sommer!

2 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Not looking a bad shout so far :(.

Archived