Round of 16: Belgium versus Japan

decapitated

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CFuller said:

When it comes to Japan, the most insight Martin Keown can come up with seems to be, "He's a good player."

You didn't expect him to do any research on them did you? 

Leave him to his clichés and obvious lines!

1 minute ago, The_jagster said:

I know Keown deserves a bashing but Japan are playing better than expected so far.

A broken clock is right twice a day as well, doesn't mean it's not useless. And unlike Keown, at least a broken clock can be a nice ornamental piece. 

On one hand, I want to see an Asian country keep doing well but on the other hand, I really want Brazil knocked out. There are so many unbearable Brazil fans here (in my city, not on the forum) and their arrogance has increased tenfold with Germany and Argentina being knocked out, especially since the Argentina fans have become quiet since then.

2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Belgium happy to play on the counter it seems. Interesting start, not what I expected. 

Been impressed with Japan's approach so far. 

Sending 4 players up when Belgium have a GK to force the ball long. 

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Been impressed with Japan's approach so far. 

Sending 4 players up when Belgium have a GK to force the ball long. 

Yeah, it is forcing Belgium to surpass KDB. Very clever but still risky as Lukaku is the perfect target for long balls... to head, feet and in behind. 

1 minute ago, DB08 said:

On one hand, I want to see an Asian country keep doing well but on the other hand, I really want Brazil knocked out. There are so many unbearable Brazil fans here (in my city, not on the forum) and their arrogance has increased tenfold with Germany and Argentina being knocked out, especially since the Argentina fans have become quiet since then.

Yeah but can you imagine if Japan beat Brazil?

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Yeah but can you imagine if Japan beat Brazil?

I would love that but it's very unlikely. :D

But Lukaku bulldozing through Brazil and Kompany two-footing Neymar is something I would like to see as that is something much more realistic.

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

Carrasco has been poor so far. 

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Carrasco needs to improve

He is getting into good positions at least. He just needs to calm down and pick a pass because he's getting lots of space and time. 

Just now, JDownie said:

He is getting into good positions at least. He just needs to calm down and pick a pass because he's getting lots of space and time. 

He is but he can't seem to get his feet sorted out and he needs to get his head up a bit more. 

Perhaps go on the outside too, stretch them a little and allow more room to Hazard to operate in the half space. Bit too crowded the Belgium attack for me. 

Archived