Group C finale: Australia vs Peru, Denmark vs France. Kick off - 3 pm BST

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

This is the 0-0 isn't it, French are making me weep at how such an XI can be this bad

Like Argentina will all their attacking talent, the manager's can't get them playing as well as you'd expect. 

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Speaking of Lemar, if there's any justice in the world, this France team will be on their way home after this weekend.

Can't call it...right about now it's 50/50.

3 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Croatia are head and shoulders above the rest in that group and I'd fancy them against either of these two. I'd much rather face Argentina.

(Croatia's squad is full of talent based at top European clubs, Argentina's isn't.)

Yep. And it's not even guaranteed to be Argentina. Nigeria or Croatia? Easy choice.

Edited by ginnybob

France vs Denmark is such a nothing game.

Team moves forward, makes a foul, retreats.

The other team comes forward, plays a stray pass or gives away a foul, again and then retreats.

It says something when the highlights of the game so far are a strike into the side netting which at least looked like football, a strike that was blocked by a teammate four yards offside and Lemar misplacing a sideways pass by about half the length of the pitch...

Edited by enigmatic
24 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Surely Denmark should go for it now with the Australians looking dead and buried.

Indeed. However, it would be typical for us to win the group - only to face Argentina who somehow managed to scrape through after all. ;) 

I'm just glad that Australia don't progress solely based on an incorrectly awarded VAR-penalty. I know there is no fair and unfair in football, but still.

P.S.: Isn't it funny how when your own team plays it safe they are simply being professional and all that matters is doing enough to progress from the group, but when other teams do the same it's just boring? :D

Edited by dllu
2 minutes ago, dllu said:

Indeed. However, it would be typical for us to win the group - only to face Argentina who somehow managed to scrape through after all. ;) 

I'm just glad that Australia don't progress solely based on an incorrectly awarded VAR-penalty. I know there is no fair and unfair in football, but still...

I'm not sure you should be worried about Argentina either way.

4 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Croatia are head and shoulders above the rest in that group and I'd fancy them against either of these two. I'd much rather face Argentina.

(Croatia's squad is full of talent based at top European clubs, Argentina's isn't.)

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, Croatia and then Spain isn't the easier side by any means.

Not knocking Croatia by any means, they're obviously favourites vs Denmark but if Denmark are thinking of the bigger picture, they want to be on on the side of the draw where the semi is potentially Switzerland Mexico etc. as opposed to Brazil, Germany, England etc.

But I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, they're never winning it :D 

I turned over to the Aussie Peru game as I was so bored.  Australia look far more dangerous with Cahill on the pitch, don't know why they didn't chuck him on for 10-15 at the end of the Denmark game.

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

I mean, this game is so bad, Man City's social media mascot has got a game. 

He's playing like a social media mascot as well.

4 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

After all the exciting matches we had this France vs Denmark match surely ranks at bottom, wonder if there will be any match which can be top this one in this tourney.

Denmark and France have been just as boring in every other game I've seen involving Denmark and France to be fair, with the possible exception of the moment Umtiti randomly pretended to be a goalkeeper just for the fun of it (tbf, I didn't see Denmark beat Mexico, or if I did I fell asleep mid game). If ever a couple of sides deserved to be on the end of absolute humiliations in the knockout rounds it's these two

Edited by enigmatic
3 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Not knocking Croatia by any means, they're obviously favourites vs Denmark but if Denmark are thinking of the bigger picture, they want to be on on the side of the draw where the semi is potentially Switzerland Mexico etc. as opposed to Brazil, Germany, England etc.

But I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, they're never winning it :D 

So, Denmark is an underdog against absolutely everyone, yet they have to look to a potential semis against Switzerland or Mexico?

I'd rather  face England than Mexico for example.

1 minute ago, enigmatic said:

Denmark and France have been just as boring in every other game involving Denmark and France to be fair, with the possible exception of the moment Umtiti randomly pretended to be a goalkeeper just for the fun of it. If ever a couple of sides deserved to be on the end of absolute humiliations in the knockout rounds it's these two

Agreed but to an extent other teams tried to break the teams down to grab a goal. This match is really horrible.

My Man of the Match is Lukas Lerager... who's just come on as a 92nd-minute sub for Denmark.

EDIT: Too late to vote for him. Fekir gets it instead. :mad:

Edited by CFuller