Group C finale: Australia vs Peru, Denmark vs France. Kick off - 3 pm BST

France have already qualified for the next round but are yet to secure top spot, which they would do as long as they avoid defeat against Denmark.

Age Hareide's side are on 4 points and nearly there, although the possibility of a possible slip-up remains. Denmark will qualify as long as they avoid defeat against France or if Australia fail to beat Peru. In case of an Australian win, Denmark can still qualify with a high scoring defeat, as long as they don't lose by more than one goal and Australia don't win by more than a goal with both sides currently having scored two goals each.

Australia need to win to have any hope of going through. A 1-0 win will be enough if Denmark lose without managing a single goal.

Peru are already out but will want to get something from their final game, backed by their large number of fans, who have been nothing short of outstanding. They were close to getting something in both their games so far but are still without a goal and will want to change that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Peru will get a win against Australia.

They don't have any pressure and Australia has to attack and even try to win by multiple goals.

As for the other game, can't see Denmark winning against France. They're extremely lucky to even have 4 points.

France didn't look convincing either, but they just have too much quality.

15 minutes ago, DB08 said:

France have already qualified for the next round but are yet to secure top spot, which they would do as long as they avoid defeat against Denmark. (...) Denmark will qualify as long as they avoid defeat against France.

In other words, Denmark and their opponent will both benefit from a draw, at the expense of a third team. Deja-vú, anyone? :cool: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2004_Group_C 

But seriously, with the mediocre form France has shown so far (and with next to nothing to play for in the last game) there is no reason Denmark shouldn't be able to get at least the one point they need. Or all three, for that matter.

Edited by dllu
1 minute ago, dllu said:

In other words, Denmark and their opponent will both benefit from a draw, at the expense of a third team. Deja-vú, anyone? :cool: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2004_Group_C 

But seriously, with the mediocre form France has shown so far (and with next to nothing to play for in the last game) there is no reason Denmark shouldn't be able to get at least the one point they need. Or all three, for that matter.

I remember watching the highlights of that after work like it was yesterday. Just the 14 years ago :eek:

Bit disappointed with this lineup to be honest.

Hoping Arzani came in for Kruse as he's offered so much more, but I guess the thinking is bring him on towards the end.

Also, cannot understand why/how Tomi Juric makes it into the team. He slows everything down so much and runs into dead ends. Cahill can't manage a full match, but McLaren might have been a better option to start. He's a lot more mobile than Juric which would tire the defence more than Juric does. I think Nabbout is going to be a big loss, which is amazing considering he came from nowhere before the tournament

I took Dembele out of my fantasy team for Salah, so I'm now expecting him to bag a hat-trick.

My predictions: 2-1 win for France, but Denmark to qualify with them after Peru beat the Aussies 2-0.

France are only naming ten of their starting lineup for the Denmark game. Antoine Griezmann is going to reveal if he is the eleventh in a special documentary that's set to air minutes before kick off.

Really hoped Maclaren would start after Nabbout's injury. Juric looks like a target man without actually any of the technical ability of a target man, might as well play Maclaren. With this seemingly Australia's last game, Bert will probs play Cahill off the bench ahead of Jamie now.

5 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

France are only naming ten of their starting lineup for the Denmark game. Antoine Griezmann is going to reveal if he is the eleventh in a special documentary that's set to air minutes before kick off.

Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

He's pulled out of the squad and is signing for the Miami Heat instead.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Poor decision making from Griezmann.

He should know that a foul to stop the counter is coming, needed to make that pass sooner.

Complete waste in the end as the ref doesn't even allow them to take the FK. :D

Just now, ArsenalFan7 said:

You give a card for that foul that could have led to a goal and don’t let them take the free kick? Gah, the stupidity hurts.

Time was up.

2 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Here it is. First 0-0 incoming. Shame. Neither Denmark or France are even trying.

To be fair, this is less a strategic draw and more the same dour fare both sides have produced throughout the tournament. At least Denmark have the excuse of only having one player.

Shame Peru can't knock one of them out

8 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

Time was up.

My pet peeve, the five to ten seconds it takes to see if there's a goal from the free kick/corner they earned should be allowed :mad: 

Anyone spot Guillermo Ochoa's double in the Peru fans :D