It came home. Hope, hope came home

Bliss Seeker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, England is a better matchup for Croatia, but it goes both ways.

Croatia has always had trouble with breaking down defensive teams, because all of the offensive starters are more suited to open games where they get more space.

Should finally be a proper game instead of one team defending for 90% of it's duration.

9 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Against a team that's played 240 minutes in the last two games, hope they're knackered.

In fairness that last game was walking pace, it says wonders that not a single player went down with cramp.
Normally you see at least 3 or 4 going down in 120 minutes, add to that 4 days rest, I hardly think it will be an issue.

Croatian players were dropping like flies that match and were only not subbed out because they used all of them. They also played 2 straight intense games into penalties. England should be relishing this match.

1 minute ago, adhikapp said:

Croatian players were dropping like flies that match and were only not subbed out because they used all of them. They also played 2 straight intense games into penalties. England should be relishing this match.

It's the world cup semi final.

That will have no effect.

Kane was dead against Colombia and he looked fine today.

Your definition of "intense games" must differ from mine, the Croatia vs Russia game was pretty much walking pace, hardly intense.
Also if you look at Kane in the last 16 game he was knackered, absolutely done after 75 minutes, he seemed fine the next game.  

12 minutes ago, claassen said:

France-England in final and France win

Pogba and Kanté will make the difference in midfield :D

Mr YouTube and a midget.

I bet Jordan Henderson is ******** himself.

5 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

It just doesn't feel right.

Possibly a Croatia-England semifinal, should be like 20k of each in the stands, and instead we'll have theatre atmoshpere.

Hell, if someone told me 10 years ago that I wouldn't care about Croatia getting in the semis of WC and that I would have no interest of finding a way to get a ticket, I'd laugh it off.
But here we are.

Why don't you care? Should be a cracker of a game.

6 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

Daylight etc right now :ackter:

:lock:

Why me?

Loving it at the moment to be honest, If Russia had won I would have been a bit down, let's be honest here, England have had enough luck.
Not sure why you would single me out though, I've hardly been anti England, this squad is quite likeable.

1 minute ago, daylight said:

Why me?

Loving it at the moment to be honest, If Russia had won I would have been a bit down, let's be honest here, England have had enough luck.
Not sure why you would single me out though, I've hardly been anti England, this squad is quite likeable.

What luck have England had?

Just now, Andrew_ said:

The whole route, you haven't had to play any good side yet.

Let's not turn this into a "we haven't had any luck", of course you have, I have never seen any easier route to the semi's.
It doesn't mater though, you have beaten who you had to.

2 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

I think he's referring to the easy group and route to the final (should you get there). 

Considering there was talk of Germany/Brazil in the Quarters, Sweden is a bit easier by comparison :lol:

Just now, daylight said:

Let's not turn this into a "we haven't had any luck", of course you have, I have never seen any easier route to the semi's.

Croatia have had it easy too, to be fair. 

Group of Iceland, Nigeria, Argentina, Croatia. Denmark L16, Russia QFs, England SFs. 

Marginally harder than England's, by virtue of having to play the hosts I suppose. Also the group was tougher but not by a great deal. 

• Administrators

Hardly England's fault bigger sides have crapped the bed and didn't end up in our half of the draw though. 

This stuff about weaker teams, easy route being luck is nonsense really. England have no control over that.

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

Croatia have had it easy too, to be fair. 

Group of Iceland, Nigeria, Argentina, Croatia. Denmark L16, Russia QFs, England SFs. 

Marginally harder than England's, by virtue of having to play the hosts I suppose. Also the group was tougher but not by a great deal. 

Iceland and Argentina is tougher than Englands group, I think England would have struggled against at least 2 of those.

I really think it will be a great semi between England and Croatia, both sides like to go forward, certainly better than seeing one side trying to break the other down.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Andrew_ said:

Only thing i would call lucky is the goal Kane got off his heel. 

Yeah that was pretty mad :D 

7 minutes ago, daylight said:

Croatia have literally had one in this tournament.

1 minute ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Hardly England's fault bigger sides have crapped the bed and didn't end up in our half of the draw though. 

This stuff about weaker teams, easy route being luck is nonsense really. England have no control over that.

Oh BS, no team "crapped the bed", it's called luck as that is how it turned out, England got lucky how the draw from their side went, no one said they had control over it, they got LUCKY how it worked out.
Maybe google 'lucky'.

Oh BS, no team "crapped the bed", it's called luck as that is how it turned out, England got lucky how the draw from their side went, no one said they had control over it, they got LUCKY how it worked out.
 Maybe google 'lucky'.

Germany and Spain? Have you actually followed this World Cup?

• Administrators

Maybe google 'lucky'.

But it wasn't by chance though :D All teams played their matches, and yes, it's how it turned out. But it wasn't a lottery or a coin toss :D 

• Administrators

Yeah, I'm sure its just luck that both England and Belgium fielded weaker sides and England happened to lose :rolleyes:

Just now, afced7 said:

Germany and Spain? Have you actually followed this World Cup?

That's not in England's hand, they played who they played, they got lucky how the draw went for them.

This is what I hate, England have done well but they have had a lot of luck, now you get the posters going overboard, it's all good.

Love how before every game England fans are called out as arrogant if we think the opposition might not be all that, but then as soon as the game is over we discover that actually, yes, we were playing the most hopeless teams ever.

In reality, Colombia and Sweden are two very good teams. Croatia are an extremely good team we face in the semis. 

Maybe we're lucky that a major tournament is happening which is pretty wide open, but that luck applies to every team in the tournament.

• Administrators
Just now, daylight said:

they have had a lot of luck

This is complete rubbish. Belgium winning was not luck on England's behalf, regardless of the other groups and games.

10 minutes ago, afced7 said:

You'll have to point me in the direction of the Croatia - Germany match.

I already corrected this before you posted.

7 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

This is complete rubbish. Belgium winning was not luck on England's behalf, regardless of the other groups and games.

You are a nightmare!

I have said before that both B sides tried to win that game, England actually got lucky they didn't win, they got the easier side, they have had luck here, if you don't see that then fair enough!

• Administrators

Larsson :D 

2 minutes ago, daylight said:

I have said before that both B sides tried to win that game, England actually got lucky they didn't win, they got the easier side, they have had luck here, if you don't see that then fair enough!

I don't really subscribe to the view that losing to Belgium was lucky. I thought we were unlucky in that game as it was fairly even. 

There's no real easy games in a World Cup, you can only beat what is in front of you, and I'd say luck comes down to individual moments of matches etc like Kane's backheel, or Griezmann's goal against Uruguay, not the actual draw as it pans out because its pre-determined where group stage winners and RUs pair up in the knockout rounds.

3 minutes ago, daylight said:

I already corrected this before you posted.

You are a nightmare!

I have said before that both B sides never tried to win that game, England actually got lucky they didn't win, they got the easier side, they have had luck here, if you don't see that then fair enough!

If you say so, in any case Belgium are probably better than Argentina, although facing Belgium last was way better than playing Argentina second.

It’s 11.40pm. My housemate is asleep on the floor in my living room having spent the taxi ride home with his head out the sunroof doing the John Barnes rap. Another friend is asleep on my sofa after mainly spending the entire day throwing beer everywhere. I’m in bed suffering with a bit of sun burn. But what a day... what a day! World Cup Semi Final, in my lifetime, amazing. I can’t imagine what the hell is going to happen to this country if we get to a final, let alone win it.

1 minute ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Larsson :D 

I don't really subscribe to the view that losing to Belgium was lucky. I thought we were unlucky in that game as it was fairly even. 

There's no real easy games in a World Cup, you can only beat what is in front of you, and I'd say luck comes down to individual moments of matches etc like Kane's backheel, or Griezmann's goal against Uruguay, not the actual draw as it pans out because its pre-determined where group stage winners and RUs pair up in the knockout rounds.

I don't think this English side could beat Brazil and then France, beating Sweden and then Croatia, yes they can, surely that has to be classed as luck how the draw worked out?
While there is maybe no 'easy' games in the World Cup, (I think it was easy against Panama no?), you have had a very nice route to the semi's.

I said it earlier this week, if this was an England side from say 2006 they would steamroll this World Cup, it's all about timing.
The England sides from the early 00's is better than this side, but here we are and this side is going for the final.

10 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

It’s 11.40pm. My housemate is asleep on the floor in my living room having spent the taxi ride home with his head out the sunroof doing the John Barnes rap. Another friend is asleep on my sofa after mainly spending the entire day throwing beer everywhere. I’m in bed suffering with a bit of sun burn. But what a day... what a day! World Cup Semi Final, in my lifetime, amazing. I can’t imagine what the hell is going to happen to this country if we get to a final, let alone win it.

If England win this country will shut down for at least a month as no way anyone is going to work after it :D 

Archived