It came home. Hope, hope came home

Bliss Seeker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just... nice. Really really nice. This is an England team performing better than the sum of its parts and actually producing good football in big matches and big pressure points. Whatever happens on Wednesday this tournament is huge for what it does for this group of footballers and what it does for how us fans view the national team.

Before the tournament I'd have been happy with getting out the group. Thought we could get quarters with a bit of luck. This if beyond anything I ever expected. Whatever happens now, they've earned a lot of love and respect from everyone. Southgate in particular has impressed me so much, especially considering I, and a lot of others, were very negative about the appointment.

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

you can barely hear any songs during the game.

You need to adjust your sound bar. England fans sang non-stop throughout and it sounded like a home game.

Semi finals. 

This is like 10 years before I even dared dream we'd do this. 

I didn't have much hope for this generation. We don't have any world class players on paper, we shouldn't be here. 

I was hoping the next batch, you know, the kid's who are currently winning everything would be the ones to do this. 

But wow. These last few weeks have been such a fantastic experience and such a suprise. 

This has so many parallels to 96, its brilliant. 

All we need now is an injustice and a penalty defeat to complete the circle. 

Not going to happen. Not this time. We're going all the way. 

6 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Semi finals. 

This is like 10 years before I even dared dream we'd do this. 

I didn't have much hope for this generation. We don't have any world class players on paper, we shouldn't be here. 

I was hoping the next batch, you know, the kid's who are currently winning everything would be the ones to do this. 

But wow. These last few weeks have been such a fantastic experience and such a suprise. 

This has so many parallels to 96, its brilliant. 

All we need now is an injustice and a penalty defeat to complete the circle. 

Not going to happen. Not this time. We're going all the way. 

Harry Kane is without doubt world class, but I agree with the rest of your post.

On 23/06/2018 at 22:56, Bliss Seeker said:

Andrew_ (the spanner) 

Cedrik (salty tool) 

Russel10 (Stefan Kuntz)

Haiku (wet lettuce)

GunmaN1905 

PMLF

Makwa 

Baptista_8

RedNomad (?) 

TheJagster 

I probably haven't been paying attention to every single one of the nonbelievers, but thought it'd be good to remind ourselves of those on the wall of shame :applause:

2 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

I probably haven't been paying attention to every single one of the nonbelievers, but thought it'd be good to remind ourselves of those on the wall of shame :applause:

You. YOU. :D 

OK, new rule:

Anyone who DOESN'T make a It's coming home video goes on the wall of shame. 

Oh what's that, England winning the world Cup is not worth a few hours of your time to download  learn basic video editing? Screw you non believer :mad:

Love train. Stones getting his butt cupped and Maguire about to take Harry Kane in his mouth. This squad's togetherness is unprecedented.

Just off camera Jordan Pickford is absolutely going to town on Dele Alli.

29 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

This is level 100 numbskullery :D

****ing idiots.

The people working there and having to sort that mess aren't Swedish!
It would have been actually funny if they sang outside while having a laugh but no, they had to do that.

8 minutes ago, SteveUK said:

skysports-england-harry-maguire_4355990.

Tripps hand placement and Kane looks like he's having to dance with a small child at a wedding.

That head on a small child would mean the child would have to drag the head along the floor while walking!

2 hours ago, Barry Cartman said:

Oh come on you know if Sweden would have won they'd have been in out faces with their flat packed **** and stuff 

**** em

**** em? They're not Swedish in the shop. It's proper poor behaviour. Outside the shop is fine but inside causing damage is just being a ****. Feel for the poor workers having to clean up the mess. 

I was very drunk walking home and chatted to the Neighbours before coming home. I invited them to watch the Semi on our Big Screen on our Patio.

Didn't realise that my folks absolutely hate the Neighbours (genuinely no idea why) and that I have made a massive ricket by invited unwanteds around on their Wedding Anniversary.

Guess I am heading down my local :lol:

7 minutes ago, Weezer said:

There's a few elements of our society that are going to be absolutely unbearable when we win this!

If you guys do win it I am taking a break from all social media.

Watching that kind of stuff just bothers the hell out of me, also having people on this forum basically saying it's fine also bothers me.

Just idiots and I am sure those idiots will spoil it for a lot of people back in England.
as @Weezer said, that's why people hate England.

5 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

The weirdest thing about the topless Ross Kemp mid life crisis video is that he appears to have a non-adult child...

Yeah him off his face on his own I'd understand, but he has kids and whatnot around the place. ..

2 hours ago, darren1983 said:

**** em? They're not Swedish in the shop. It's proper poor behaviour. Outside the shop is fine but inside causing damage is just being a ****. Feel for the poor workers having to clean up the mess. 

Did you honestly read my post and take it seriously :D

2 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

Yeah him off his face on his own I'd understand, but he has kids and whatnot around the place. ..

Tbf I was not quite as smashed with my friends and their kids (one of whom I'm still convinced helped confuse the Swedish defence by appearing from behind the TV just before the Swedish goal) and everything was fine, although I didn't feel the need to take off my shirt to video the occassion

But Ross Kemp's been around forever and is therefore far too old to have young kids FFS...

Archived