What happens in the future?

I am in the year 2029 in my current save and I find it interesting which in real life current players become top managers in the game as the years progress. For example - 

Luis Suarez is Southampton manager after spells at Hull and Fulham

Jordy Clasie is at West Ham after starting his managerial career at Sheff Utd and Luton

Chris Samba is Wolves manager

Nedum Onuoha is currently relegating Burnley

Also there are often some (what we would consider) strange appointments too -

Aitor Karanka is at Chelsea 

Antonio Conte has been at Man Utd for over six years

And even the very best have to start at the bottom -

Cristiano Ronaldo is Burnley under 18 coach

Leo Messi is Atalanta under 20s assistant manager

Phillipe Coutinho is Monaco under 19s coach

Toni Kroos is Koln under 19s fitness coach

What has happened in the future of your game? Any surprising appointments or other happenings?

• Administrators

My 'home' save isn't as far, but by 2023:

Arsene Wenger is still Arsenal manager at the grand old age of 74 :D 

Emmanuel Adebayor is Everton manager

Mauricio Pochettino is Leicester manager

Sunday Oliseh is Newcastle manager

Claude Makelele is Sunderland manager

Tim Howard is Swansea manager

In regards to those players you mentioned

Cristiano Ronaldo is still going at Real Madrid at 38 (his staff attributes suggest he won't go far when he does retire)

Leo Messi is a unemployed assistant manager/coach

Coutinho is at Man Utd

And Toni Kroos is also still at Real 

In other news, Frank Lampard is Sheff Weds U18 coach and the England manager is Slaven Bilic. 

i play with fake names, but i did identify fake named messi, he is right now a under 18 coach for America (MEX)...i don't get why he would go there xD i mean, i understand if this kind of players go to say their home nation or the nation they played most of his career, not going randomly to Mexico xD

I've got some odd ones. I'm half way through the 2020/21 season (not far but still odd).

Patrick Viera is Tottenham manager.

Thierry Henry is Arsenal manager. Fittingly, Bergkamp is his assman (he was mine for a little while beforehand). Arsené Wenger was France manager for a bit then retired at 71.

Brendan Rogers is Chelsea manager. (They previously had Claude Makélélé after Conté got sacked then went to China).

Steven Gerrard is Liverpool manager. (He was previously England manager after being my assman for England then got the managers job when I left). I got the England job back after he took over at Liverpool.

Gary Neville is Man Utd manager (having far greater success than his Valencia days). Mourinho is Portugal manager.

Xavi was Spain manager. Got sacked after they failed at the Euros. Now manages Napoli.

Gattuso is Italy manager.

Shevchenko now manages AC Milan.

Zidane manages Juventus.

Luis Enrique is back at Barca. Other spells include Napoli and Dortmund.

Some Brazilian manager I've never heard of is managing Man City. Their previous managers include Yaya Touré and Gareth Southgate however. 

Bar the first one, I'm sensing a pattern here....

On a player note, Messi is about to leave Barca on a bosman and possibly retire. Iniesta did the same thing last season, though he just retired and didn't stay on to manage.

Neymar got fed up with PSG and will be signing for my Gillingham squad on a free at the end of the season.

Cristiano Ronaldo is flying with my Gills squad though is showing signs that his ability is about to plummet...

Luis Enrique usually manages to return to Barca then get sacked by them, all in the space of my average 3-4 season save. Vieira is at Nice in 2020/21 on my Lyon save, and I believe he's been there since summer 2018 - life imitating FM!

14 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Luis Enrique usually manages to return to Barca then get sacked by them, all in the space of my average 3-4 season save. Vieira is at Nice in 2020/21 on my Lyon save, and I believe he's been there since summer 2018 - life imitating FM!

I'm in early 2024 in my current save and he's been back to Barca twice (went back, left for Arsenal, went back again) although he's currently "very insecure" with them 5th in the league and 3rd in their CL group. Vieira replaced him at Arsenal after taking over from Sean Dyche at Burnley, which followed a season at Celtic. Sean Dyche got the England job, and proved that the whole thing is just a game really by winning the 2022 World Cup...

1 minute ago, Colbert said:

Sean Dyche got the England job, and proved that the whole thing is just a game really by winning the 2022 World Cup...

Ahh, but the real question is where was you 2022 WC held?

1 minute ago, Colbert said:

Australia in this save. I've had one where it went to Argentina and one in China (although that one may have been FM17).

I've got the 2022 WC in China in just over a season, but I have seen variations of all that you mentioned.

Archived