Serbia v Switzerland / Friday / 1900 BST

When I lived in Switzerland, I heard several people moaning about the ‘verdamte yugos’ aka ‘f***ing Yugoslavs’ but with the word ‘yugo’ being a derogatory name for anyone from former Yugoslavia.  I wonder how they feel about them now? To be honest, it was a minority and my mates over there denounced them but it wasn’t exactly uncommon to hear that...

Edited by mark1985
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

When I lived in Switzerland, I heard several people moaning about the ‘verdamte yugos’ aka ‘f***ing Yugoslavs’ but with the word ‘yugo’ being a derogatory name for anyone from former Yugoslavia.  I wonder how they feel about them now? To be honest, it was a minority and my mates over there denounced them but it wasn’t exactly uncommon to hear that...

I'm sure they were delighted with them celebrating with an Albanian Eagle gesture :thup:.

5 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Time for conspiracy theories from Serbs, as per usual when they lose.

Oh well.

No its not time for that. I just want to see 1 game where some small team/nation have refs on their side.  1 penalty or something similar against germany, england, france, real madrid, barcelona... Simply we lost this game because penalty is not given. Because we are small nation. Simple. Football is dead. VAR is uselles because manager cant call it. Fraud like everything else in football. 

9 hours ago, G-Man11 said:

I'm sure they were delighted with them celebrating with an Albanian Eagle gesture :thup:.

They may have been pretty neutral about it.

Lichtsteiner has come out and defended the two: http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/this-is-more-than-football-lichtsteiner-defends-xhaka/wqp5oele4fws1gyub1fh28230 Apparently they discussed it before the game as a team.

Edited by Heartwork

Refs shouldn't be on anyone side. They should judge the game objectively, fair and square. Last night, penalty should have been awarded and perhaps yellow cards were given away way too softly, compared to usual standard set on this World Cup. That undoubtedly helped Switzerland but...

Main man to blame for this is Krstajic. Totally lost in the game. Petkovic schooled him.  When you have 3 cm's with yellow card, you take at least one of them out. Or they have to lose a bit of their aggression and pressing on opponents faint. And when he finally took one out, he replaced him with winger and we've lost all balance in midfield. He left on the field tired and slow Ivanovic to guard Shaqiri, their fastest player. MItro should've been replaced too, as he was left without energy after battling with Swiss defenders the whole game.  

Had a lead at HT. Why not sub in Veljkovic for SMS with a yellow, who was closed down and cut out by Swiss defense? Go for 352, try to stabilize our defense and then hit them on counter? And Dusko Tosic, what a brain fart at the end... Going for offside trap with Shaqiri on his own half. What the f**k was that? 

3 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

They may have been pretty neutral about it.

Lichtsteiner has come out and defended the two: http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/this-is-more-than-football-lichtsteiner-defends-xhaka/wqp5oele4fws1gyub1fh28230 Apparently they discussed it before the game as a team.

As for that, i don't mind how they celebrate. But if one team get punished by FIFA for mixing politics and sport, they should all get punished. 

Read somewhere that they had a talk with their FA and promised in 2014. if i'm not mistaken that they wouldn't celebrate like this anymore as this could get flagged as political statement. 

12 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

No its not time for that. I just want to see 1 game where some small team/nation have refs on their side.  1 penalty or something similar against germany, england, france, real madrid, barcelona... Simply we lost this game because penalty is not given. Because we are small nation. Simple. Football is dead. VAR is uselles because manager cant call it. Fraud like everything else in football. 

Didnt watch England Tunisia then?

Despite the fact mitrovic should have had a pen, and the two players should (under the existing, unwanted, laws) be punished for the celebration, the Serbian camp's comments are even worse and deserve a more severe ban. 

Get them to the proverbial.

Can't argue with that... Really cringe worthy and embarrassing comments coming from our side. I could understand dimwits from FA, they're dumbnuts and corrupted a-holes who have no place anywhere near any sports organization but Krstajic dissappointed me. Expected at least bit of a class from him. He is just a puppet of those greedy FA fools but he spent good part of his career in Germany so i expected him to pick up some manners...

Well, they don't say for nothing that you're like those with whom you're hanging out with ( literal translation of our saying, don't know if you guys have something similar )

What I find odd about these 'political gestures' or whatever is the fact that they are flagged up by FIFA or the FA in the first place.

If FIFA wanted to stamp this out they'd be better of not mentioning it as the vast majority have no clue what they're doing nor would they bother to research it. By making a statement that they're investigating it brings it to everyone's attention. 

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

Serbian fans were also supporting war criminal Ratko Mladic in the stands so I don't have much sympathy when they get a bit thrown back at them.

https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/srpski-navijaci-na-spu-slave-ratnog-zlocinca-mladica/2006460.aspx (Croatian website, use Google translate)

Its just 5 idiots who doesnt know what they can achive with this stupid action. You cant call all Serbians with some names because of this. Also its very strange we Serbians always gets some "moral messages" from people who live in countries with great history (slavery, colonies and ww2 war criminals).

5 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I didn't say it was all Serbians. But you have to punish the Serbian FA as a whole to weed out idiots like this.

true. but in this case they need to punish Xhaka, Shaqiri, Krstajic also.

Also Brih should have some punishment for his mistake. German ref for match with team from german speaking area. Someone is reponsible for this, right?

Lets see who will get some fine...

2 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

We have lot of issues with "fan groups" because they are related to politicians and corruption. This is not related to racism - believe me. I live here and i know. Racism in Serbia is at lowest possible level. You can always find some idiots but normal people doesnt have racism in their heads. I you dont believe me - come to serbia and you will have great time- its not important what is your skin colour. I live here and I KNOW THAT. You dont. You can only read some articles written by who knows who.

Probably by people who have some benefit from this.

29 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

true. but in this case they need to punish Xhaka, Shaqiri, Krstajic also.

Also Brih should have some punishment for his mistake. German ref for match with team from german speaking area. Someone is reponsible for this, right?

Lets see who will get some fine...

And I'm sure they will. Or they should if they're competent.

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You've heard Swiss German right? It's barely German at the best of times. Plus it'll be like an English ref refereeing a New Zealand game or a Canada game.

It's ridiculous that they assigned a referee from neighbouring country, especially since it's WC and there are referees from all over the world.

As for the conducts during the game, players can never be equal.