Serbia v Switzerland / Friday / 1900 BST

Constantine

Probable lineups: 

Serbia: Vladimir Stojkovic - Branislav Ivanovic, Nikola MIlenkovic, Dusko Tosic, Aleksandar Kolarov - Nemanja Matic, Luka Milivojevic, Dusan Tadic, Sergej MIlinkovic Savic, Filip Kostic - Aleksandar Mitrovic

Switzerland: Yann Sommer - Stephan Lichtsteiner, Fabian Schär, Manuel Akanji, Ricardo Rodríguez - Valon Behrami, Granit Xhaka, Xherdan Shaqiri, Blerim Džemaili, Steven Zuber - Haris Seferović

Big game for both teams tonight. Serbia win, it's all over for Switzerland. Switzerland win, same goes for Serbia, as they need to win against Brazil to go through. It's gonna be interesting to see how both teams will react tonight, as basically half of Switzerland squad has Albanian/Kosovo roots and their relationship with Serbia is... Difficult, to say the least. 

Anyhow, this game... Thinking Switzerland will win it. 1-0, just as they do it. They're well gelled, well drilled side. We, not so much. We do have a quality to compete but Swiss experience and compactness will prevail. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of those games that you look at the calendar and think... ****, what an utterly boring matchup.

Now watch this end 3-3 or something. It is indeed do or die for both teams, after both got good 1st round results (but you'd still expect Brazil to beat both of them to 1st place) so the stakes are high.

Actually really looking forward to this match. Hope Serbia will win as I think they definitely have more interesting players in their team, especially on the midfield. Switzerland is a very decent side but I feel they often play this extremely boring football. 

I should've said Kosovars. :D

Not going to lie, I dislike most of those Albanian/Kosovar players, they always look like c**ts, regardless of who they play for.

Mitrović replied to Shaqiri nicely after Shaqiri said he will have Kosovo flag on his boots.
If he likes Kosovo so much, why is he playing for Switzerland?

And Lichsteiner is also a specially type of c**t.

Outside of the manager, nobody on that team is likeable for me. :D

2 minutes ago, FaceCrusher said:

I miss Yugoslavia's blue & white kit. :(

Shame we don't have Yugoslavia anymore, it would be a very good team, on paper.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Seferović is one of those players that ends up having a very good career in terms of clubs he played for, but nobody really knows how did he get there.
Because every time you watch him he does absolutely nothing.

Long gone are the days of Frei up top for the Swiss. Instead they have to rely upon that donkey every tournament. 

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Seferović is one of those players that ends up having a very good career in terms of clubs he played for, but nobody really knows how did he get there.
Because every time you watch him he does absolutely nothing.

I have a hard time believing he is better than Gavranović.

Archived