Changing a nations ethnicity ratio

sfg

Controversial topic I’m guessing, but with the ever changing demographics in nations as we move to being a global human community irl with far fewer ethic distinctions between nations, is it possible to edit a nations ethnicity ratio (which I’m guessing has been set by the developers?)  to reflect changes in a long term save?  

If not, I think this would be an excellent addition to the game, especially for long term players.  We can change a nations characteristics (which always seemed a bit generalization-y to me) why not ethnic profile, especially as a lot of us play saves for decades?

• 5 months later...
Am 20.6.2018 um 09:19 schrieb sfg:

Controversial topic I’m guessing, but with the ever changing demographics in nations as we move to being a global human community irl with far fewer ethic distinctions between nations, is it possible to edit a nations ethnicity ratio (which I’m guessing has been set by the developers?)  to reflect changes in a long term save?  

If not, I think this would be an excellent addition to the game, especially for long term players.  We can change a nations characteristics (which always seemed a bit generalization-y to me) why not ethnic profile, especially as a lot of us play saves for decades?

I totally agree with you. Especially regarding custom db's it makes sense. 

Imagine the following scenario: 

a custom country with several regions in which different ethnic groups are represented on a percentage basis. 

Don't think this is the same question but whenever I want to make a big American lower league file I definitely notice the second nationality pool is a bit shallow, there's a little workaround you can do for that.

A "youth players training" feeder club can be assigned any number of parent clubs, You have to adjust the youth recruitment (I think only the youth recruitment matters but I could be wrong) to the country's youth rating, i.e. don't make Brazil too strong, don't make Guatemala too weak, and if it's something irrelevant like Puerto Rico or Somalia you probably have to change the country youth rating, Over a whole database it makes a difference but it'll never give you more than one or two players per intake per club, and duplicating the fake academy doesn't help.

Also with American parent clubs it won't give the fake academy players an American second nationality, but for England it will, no idea why.

vzla youth.png

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 01/12/2018 at 17:23, Ruh Roh said:

Don't think this is the same question but whenever I want to make a big American lower league file I definitely notice the second nationality pool is a bit shallow, there's a little workaround you can do for that.

A "youth players training" feeder club can be assigned any number of parent clubs, You have to adjust the youth recruitment (I think only the youth recruitment matters but I could be wrong) to the country's youth rating, i.e. don't make Brazil too strong, don't make Guatemala too weak, and if it's something irrelevant like Puerto Rico or Somalia you probably have to change the country youth rating, Over a whole database it makes a difference but it'll never give you more than one or two players per intake per club, and duplicating the fake academy doesn't help.

Also with American parent clubs it won't give the fake academy players an American second nationality, but for England it will, no idea why.

vzla youth.png

This was an easy enough fix - giving the country a work permit system will give these players domestic second nationalities, so they won't be on the wrong side of foreign player limits. I hope a fake work permit system where everyone gets through won't dissuade AI clubs from buying foreigners though.

daoudi.png

On 29 november 2018 at 15:45, no.vision said:

I totally agree with you. Especially regarding custom db's it makes sense. 

Imagine the following scenario: 

a custom country with several regions in which different ethnic groups are represented on a percentage basis. 

Currently ethnicity is set on a national scale. So you idea would probably work better based on language than enthnicity in the current setup.

I have been trying to add it to the editor via the nation.xml, but so far no luck.

On 08/12/2018 at 00:49, Wolf_pd said:

Currently ethnicity is set on a national scale. So you idea would probably work better based on language than enthnicity in the current setup.

I have been trying to add it to the editor via the nation.xml, but so far no luck.

Please update when you do make it work! Would love to see this feature. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...