Is this true?

Bliss Seeker

3 hours ago, av3ry said:

Lingard you idiot, Rashford was offside :D

Actually, he is just onside there if you stop the frame at the moment of the pass. But how great would it be if the ref allowed to score only for VAR to rule offside if he would've been offside there(again, on this video he is onside).

9 minutes ago, outlander said:

Actually, he is just onside there if you stop the frame at the moment of the pass. But how great would it be if the ref allowed to score only for VAR to rule offside if he would've been offside there(again, on this video he is onside).

That would've been the greatest moment in World Cup history. :D

How is he onside? Clearly in front of the ball and in the opponents half?

The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts except the hands and arms is in the opponents' half of the pitch and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent.

Screenshot_2018-07-13-07-36-49~2.png

3 hours ago, Sano said:

How is he onside? Clearly in front of the ball and in the opponents half?

The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts except the hands and arms is in the opponents' half of the pitch and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent.

Screenshot_2018-07-13-07-36-49~2.png

His trailing leg is clearly behind the ball. Is it not onside?

Or have I completely forgot the rules and the rules are the opposite: not all aprts should be ahead but any? Then, I am wrong.

Checked the rules - yes, I was wrong. He is offside. Then, the ref should be sacked for life for spoiling such a fantastic moment.

Archived