Morocco v Iran

git2thachoppa

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Heartwork said:

Would you welcome him back?

Honestly not sure. He's proved himself repeatedly bad as a club manager, but repeatedly fantastic internationally. I'd like to think so, but last time he got us relegated to the Conference! Possibly just the right person at the wrong time though.

The photo's from a Guardian article (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/14/morocco-herve-renard-cambridge-world-cup) this week and people who played under him (including a young John Ruddy) rave about how ahead of his time he was. We always seemed to be trying to do the right things, but the results were pretty abject. A lot of people think that if someone else had handled transfers, he could have been great. Maybe that's the difference internationally, no transfers to worry about.

He did once quite entertainingly get his English in a muddle during an interview, saying "I apologise for next week",  but it turned out to be correct as both were rubbish.

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

Honestly not sure. He's proved himself repeatedly bad as a club manager, but repeatedly fantastic internationally. I'd like to think so, but last time he got us relegated to the Conference! Possibly just the right person at the wrong time though.

The photo's from a Guardian article (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/14/morocco-herve-renard-cambridge-world-cup) this week and people who played under him (including a young John Ruddy) rave about how ahead of his time he was. We always seemed to be trying to do the right things, but the results were pretty abject. A lot of people think that if someone else had handled transfers, he could have been great. Maybe that's the difference internationally, no transfers to worry about.

He did once quite entertainingly get his English in a muddle during an interview, saying "I apologise for next week",  but it turned out to be correct as both were rubbish.

:brock:

3 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

:lol: Brilliant.... Maybe not the right word... eh.

Azmoun did well to get the shot in after getting it stuck in his feet, nice attempt by Jahanbskhahkshznksan.

They're missing passes to guys clearly open beside them, with LOADS of time, even right in front of them for the corner.

Morocco are mess and can be carved apart. Get Ghoddos on!

Archived