Sons FC

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, YouReds said:

How the mighty have fallen! :(

England 0-1 Belgium 

France 2-0 Croatia

We feel your pain comrade and ex-beloved leader. Now back to the fields.

Just now, SouthCoastRed said:

You think you have issues...he just ignores my predictions totally!!!!

They're more summaries, or round ups though rather than predictions. Call me old fashioned but I maintain that predictions are supposed to come before the event.

3 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

They're more summaries, or round ups though rather than predictions. Call me old fashioned but I maintain that predictions are supposed to come before the event.

I don’t believe it says that in the rules. I am being victimised for exploiting a loophole 

15 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I don’t believe it says that in the rules. I am being victimised for exploiting a loophole 

Tricky really. I was going on the premise that prediction came from the Latin praedict- ‘made known beforehand, declared’, from the verb praedicere, from prae- ‘beforehand’ + dicere ‘say’.

I may be wrong though!

2 hours ago, Sons FC said:

Tricky really. I was going on the premise that prediction came from the Latin praedict- ‘made known beforehand, declared’, from the verb praedicere, from prae- ‘beforehand’ + dicere ‘say’.

I may be wrong though!

Using Latin in an argument with somebody who probably had a hand in inventing it is a bold move.

52 minutes ago, toon_84 said:

Using Latin in an argument with somebody who probably had a hand in inventing it is a bold move.

You know what they say toon - bold is as bold does.

(Whatever that means).

@Collzy, @Timma, @oriole01, @HOORAY HENRIK, @GunmaN1905, @CFuller, @PMLF, @DB08, @toon_84, @Marc.Foster050, @Orzelek, @ArsenalFan7, @Readingfanman, @daylight, @YouReds, @Razzler, @craigcwwe, @LilSaint, @Crispypaul, @SouthCoastRed, @Spike55455, @wetfred.

Comrades,

The struggle is over. Those who tried to defeat the might of Mother Russia have all been sent packing and the motherland survives yet again. The proletariat will now return to the collectives for the common good. France has been accused of looting and the Red Army will be mobilised to take back what has been stolen in four years and six months time.

Many thanks to everyone who joined in. Some of you did a France and lasted the course, some fell by the wayside, some failed to get out of the group stages and some, unfortunately failed to qualify.

So to the final results.

Joint Winners, with a magnificent 52 points, our beloved leaders:

• Collzy
  • HOORAY HENRIK

Holding off all the competition, Collzy and HOORAY HENRIK both finished strongly with four points and top the table. Very many congratulations to them both. Collzy has been our beloved leader for the last three rounds and with four points looked as if he had done enough to retake the lead on his own. HOORAY HENRIK started late but caught up in the last round and shared the lead in the final table by also claiming four points for the last two games. Very well done both, an outstanding achievement!

The usual prize to you both.

Commiserations to CFuller who was joint leader going into the final two games but just came up short with two points in the last round. Bad luck. CFuller has done very well to come from nowhere to get to the top but sadly on this occasion it was not to be.

In the chasing pack, Timma scored the round equalling best score of four points but couldn't make a move on the leaders as they scored four points as well. oriole01 also scored four points and moved up one place to 5th. Good creditable places for you both.

In midtable, Gunman1905's gamble almost paid off - he predicted 4-1 to France and came within a goal of pulling off an astonishing prediction but he sadly only scored one point and fell one place to 6th. DB08, PMLF and toon_84 remain where they are, with average scores for the round. toon_84 is fondly remembered as one of our round winners. Readingfanman moves up two places with four points, resulting in Orzelek and Marc.Foster.050 dropping one place each. The Supreme Leader (me), scored four points as well to move up one place to 13th.

This resulted in ArsenalFan7 moving down one place, while YouReds, our first round leader, moved up one place to 15th.

In the Gulag, daylight scored two points but was unable to make any move, while Razzler and craigcwwe remained in their previous positions. 

Further back (there is a further back?), LilSaint finished in 19th having not completed the last two rounds, which made Crispypaul's achievement of finishing in 20th all the more disappointing, when he has two rounds advantage over LilSaint. Bad luck Crispypaul.

SouthCoastRed gets a special mention, not for bailing out early but for providing great amusement at his various ways in trying to claim points after the results were known. Well played SouthCoastRed, I predict a great future in the League Two Prediction Thread! (where he is a regular).

That leaves Spike55455 and wetfred, who both joined late, offered the odd prediction and leave us without any points. Bad luck guys. Never mind you have only got four and half years to try again!

So that's it. World Cup 2018 is consigned to history and we are left with our memories, the highs and the lows, the triumphs and the regrets.

Collzy and HOORAY HENRIK are our France, while the rest of you are our Englands and Belgiums.

Thank you all for playing and making it hugely entertaining throughout.

Name

Round of 16

Total

Position

Collzy

HOORAY HENRIK

CFuller

Timma

oriole01

+1

GunmaN1905

DB08