FM18 Magic Enganche

5 minutes ago, Fribbe said:

Please keep us updated on your progress when you're further into the season. 

Will def do! :brock:

EDIT; Using different setup for the training. Dont know if its better or worse. But. Using Balanced Average - Def. Positioning. 

Please tell me about youre experience using the setup @kun^^ promotes, and other ones. 

Edited by pilmalm

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mantorras77 said:

@kun^^ can you post what PPM's you think are good/bad for each position please?

Wing backs- gets forward whenever possible

CD- Play simple passes

BPD- Like to switch ball to the other flank

DLP- Dictates tempo , Like to switch ball to the other flank , Comes Deep to get the ball , Looks for pass rather than attempting to score ,

BWM- Play simple passes

Enganche- Try killer balls Often , Comes deep to get the ball

IF- Likes to try to beat offside trap , Plays one-twos , Cut's inside

P- Likes to try to beat offside trap , Tries first times shots

Edited by kun^^

2 hours ago, kun^^ said:

Wing backs- gets forward whenever possible

CD- Play simple passes

BPD- Like to switch ball to the other flank

DLP- Dictates tempo , Like to switch ball to the other flank , Comes Deep to get the ball , Looks for pass rather than attempting to score ,

BWM- Play simple passes

Enganche- Try killer balls Often , Comes deep to get the ball

IF- Likes to try to beat offside trap , Plays one-twos , Cut's inside

P- Likes to try to beat offside trap , Tries first times shots

Obrigado! Forca Benfica!

13 minutes ago, drigaco said:

Do you have a mirrored version ready? BWM on the right side DLP on the left.

You can change the position no problem with that, you can also change the enganche to a trequartista if you dont have a player that fit the role, and also you can change one of the IF To a winger on support , in fact this is the way i'm playing right now

Edited by kun^^

5 hours ago, 42816 said:

I’m playing FMT on iPad and I can’t download any tactics. Can you share the player instructions?

GK- Roll out, distribute to center backs 

WB- Fewer risky passes , sit narrower , shot less

CB- Fewer risky passes , close down much less

BPD- close down much less , shot less

DLP- none (Right now im using more risky passes)

BWM- none

IF'S- Shot less , Sit narrower

EG- Shot less

P- Shot less ,  move into channels 

Given this tactic another whirl on a new Puel's Leicester save. Got the latest transfer and leagues update. Taking more care with individual and team training and going for the standard attacking movement against weaker and Defensive Positioning against stronger teams. Its paying dividends and the brand of football is pleasing with good stats (close to Puel's aim in real-life). Team Cohesion and match tactics was used in pre-season.

Only signing was Lewis Holtby from Hamburg. 11 games into the BPL and sat on 19 points despite already playing United, City and Liverpool. Still in the cup too and overall conceding less than a goal a game and scoring 2+.

I'll post screenshots later but Vardy and Iheanacho have been on form when featured. Whoever plays 10 tends to be inconsistent and average rating aren't what I would like them to be. Adrien Silva is brilliant as the DLP with Iborra and N'didi rotating the BWM. Periera is doing very well too overlapping nicely and grabbing assists, as is Ben Chilwell. Evans is the CD, Maguire the BPD. Gray is raw but can be developed nicely. Getting the right PPM is also important.

image.thumb.png.3eb3cf1abb20017e0ec0540b54be0f73.pngimage.thumb.png.61ee70f4e9e22324cf733c149e4ed396.png

Edited by JoshLCFC
images

4 hours ago, mantorras77 said:

@kun^^ I notice that the Ball Winning Midfielder get involved a lot in the attack.  What type of player do you want there?

3 hours ago, JoshLCFC said:

Someone like Kante/ N'didi

Yeah i know, and score some goals too.

Just use a regular BWM , Like @JoshLCFC mention, but if you can find someone with good finishing go for it

18 hours ago, kun^^ said:

Yeah i know, and score some goals too.

Just use a regular BWM , Like @JoshLCFC mention, but if you can find someone with good finishing go for it

I think players like Vidal, Witsel, Dembele, Emre Can, Matuidi, Keita and Pogba can all work. All-rounders.

Loving this tactic but was having major problems conceding goals, I score plenty but I like to keep my games tight so after some experimenting and reading lots on gegenpressing I came up with this which works a treat I started using from the QPR game. The only thing I changed is to move the defensive line to slightly higher. I now get my players closing down the opposition quickly winning the ball back and countering perfectly. Otherwise everything is the same.1953391961_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.41262ec15d1dfa7dd023852464aac085.pngAbove are the result's which I am very happy with.

162751558_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.10772f191bf070a7fdaf54561264ab1d.pngThese are the opposition instructions I have added.

2 hours ago, thegoon65 said:

Loving this tactic but was having major problems conceding goals, I score plenty but I like to keep my games tight so after some experimenting and reading lots on gegenpressing I came up with this which works a treat I started using from the QPR game. The only thing I changed is to move the defensive line to slightly higher. I now get my players closing down the opposition quickly winning the ball back and countering perfectly. Otherwise everything is the same.1953391961_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.41262ec15d1dfa7dd023852464aac085.pngAbove are the result's which I am very happy with.

162751558_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.10772f191bf070a7fdaf54561264ab1d.pngThese are the opposition instructions I have added.

I didn't really have that many problems defensively considering the talent at my disposal. I think get the right coaches, a balanced team-training regime and mixing the match training up (predominantly defensive positioning though) really helps.

I think as much pace at centre back as possible aids too. For instance the games where I had Morgan at the back it didn't work as well but with the other Leicester centre backs it was ok. Pacy full backs are crucial both attacking-wise and in defence. I would also say that both your CM's need to be defensively switched on while also being good on the ball- this is why my Iborra- N'didi and Adrien Silva rotation worked a treat. PPM's are an advantage too if you can get them to work on them.

Cant wait to test this properly with both a massive club and also dip into the Championship. I have PSG and Leeds in mind.

Finally there may be games where you struggle,  I switched to Pep Bosz 4-1-2-2-1 for these and also had a 3-5-2 WB just in case. Both continued the possession play.

Starting a Leeds United save tonight. Be interesting to see how this gets on in the Championship with the differing styles of play. I know Leeds have some players to fit this tactic such as Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski, Klich, Jansson, Ayling and Douglas. Bamford and Roofe up front options should be enough too. May be in the market for faster centre backs and a BWM.  

27 minutes ago, thegoon65 said:

Would a Ramdauter work on the Left Wing?

Maybe, but you need to reorganize the tactic, something like this

abP5hRzahI.png

Edit: That striker is an enganche :P

Edited by kun^^

18 hours ago, thegoon65 said:

Would a Ramdauter work on the Left Wing?

Whos the player/team you have in mind?

Played 3 friendlies so far with Leeds:

1-1 against CSKA

2-1 wins against Peterboro and Cardiff.

All games I had 60-70% possession and created chances. Looking good so far.

Edited by JoshLCFC

On 02/09/2018 at 17:21, thegoon65 said:

yeah his my back up striker.

If I were you that's where I would play him then.

Meanwhile im top of the Championship with 26 pts after 10 games with Leeds. Will upload screenshots later!

image.thumb.png.0f69f9f031a38fa52713ca692f33fc1b.pngimage.thumb.png.84d6269762459c49ace2c341205908e6.pngimage.thumb.png.53aeb4ea6c4190db31794938f2b4ee07.png

Edited by JoshLCFC
pics

• 1 month later...

After taking Leeds United to the Champions League in two seasons im now starting with Lyon. The football is even more suited to the continent where it is less likely to come up against long ball 4-4-2's. Deserves more exposure this tactic does, best football ive played on FM for a number of years.

47 minutes ago, JoshLCFC said:

After taking Leeds United to the Champions League in two seasons im now starting with Lyon. The football is even more suited to the continent where it is less likely to come up against long ball 4-4-2's. Deserves more exposure this tactic does, best football ive played on FM for a number of years.

Could you post your results with Leeds in the PL? Cheers

21 hours ago, avonseller said:

Could you post your results with Leeds in the PL? Cheers

image.thumb.png.188ddef63a16c378b162a405963ab0f6.pngimage.thumb.png.68d94b73f84b79eb10f7517f26f9dd28.pngUsed an away/against stronger teams tactic too when it was obvious the opposition would be able to control the middle third better than i could. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-18-tactics/372673-best-defensive-tactic-ever-tripple-milan-first-season.html

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 20:34, thegoon65 said:

Anyone tried this on FM20? 

That I have not, guessing you may have remade it for FM20? If so how'd it go? I do find AMCs perform inconsistently (except to a degree in Strikerless) so quite curious if Enganche is the way.

23 hours ago, Danwolf said:

That I have not, guessing you may have remade it for FM20? If so how'd it go? I do find AMCs perform inconsistently (except to a degree in Strikerless) so quite curious if Enganche is the way.

gave it a go on a 1/2 season trial once fluid but with Ipswich they don't really have an enganche, shame really, the other positions work fine. I was toying with a shadow striker but that would negate the tactic. Now in the prem I might go back to this if I can get a good enganche. 

I think I got some of the set up wrong, anyone care to post what they think the set up would be on FM20?

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, that\'s life said:

Really loving this tactic i've always used knaps tactics in the past years but glad i found this one.

I haven't changed anything as i think this tactic is suited to my side won every game so far 

Check pics out 

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (81).png

Screenshot (82).png

Hi, mate!

Is FM 20? Can you share this tactic file? 

In OP link is broken. 

Thanks!

On 27/09/2020 at 03:06, garotospfc said:

Hi, mate!

Is FM 20? Can you share this tactic file? 

In OP link is broken. 

Thanks!

I have done what the author of this tactic as said up against top teams more narrow and it has made a difference to my scores 0 goals conceded from Derby game 

Screenshot (84).png