FM18 Magic Enganche

Hello,

This is a tactic that i've been playing for a while and i think its rigth time to share it with you community.

Tactic

This is a simple 4x2x3x1 with an Enganche , he is the heart of the tactic and the right partner for the Poacher up front.

This tactic usually give the average beetwen 55% and 70% of possession with a lot of Shots (See images below)

mCOYyqc.jpg

The goal is to exploit the middle of the pitch and trying to overload the backline of the opposition. 

The fullbacks on attack give the with to our offensive movement.

Key attributes 

Give priority to players with more composure and balance overall

SK- Areal reach - First Touch - handling- One on ones - passing -  reflexes - Positioning - agility- technique (But if you can find that go for someone with at lest 10 first touch and 10 at passing)

FB- Accelaration - Pace - crossing - tackling - passing 

DC- Tackling - antecipation - Concentration- Positioning- Bravery - Jumping Reach

BPD- Tackling - passing - Antecipation - Concentration- Composure- Vision- Bravery- Jumping Reach - Balance - Decisions

DLP- Passing- First touch - Antecipation - Composure- Vision - Decisions - Balance - Off Ball - Flair

BWM- Tackling - Bravery- work rate- team work - positioning- stamina

Enganche- Passing - First Touch- Antecipation- Composure - Vision- Decisions - Off Ball - Balance - Flair

IF- Pace - Dribling - Passing - Off Ball- Finishing- Flair - Composure

P- Finishing - First Touch- Antecipation- Composure-  Decisions - Off Ball- Pace - Balance

Training and match Prep

3VaF9yu.jpg

The only adjustment i do

Against top tier teams (Home and Away) and good teams ( Teams that are strong but not top tier, like Napoli, Sevilla, Benfica, RBLeipzieg only away or on elimination match like champion league and Europa League )

Change the width to this

304532da2c27060b734df55983c237a2.png

NO OPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

Results

Start using this tactic after the Burnley game

Sej9mo7.jpg

uOwNCQ9.jpg

WgkHp3I.jpg

Other Save

9RDS7k1.jpg

4AD2MBa.jpg

AoiIBhS.jpg

5EiHtId.jpg

pYAtfZc.jpg

Download

https://m.mediafire.com/view/jhpcqxl54vwcjz3

https://ufile.io/1oso0

https://files.fm/u/9mkumay2#_

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1402341968

Any questions Let me Know

Cheers 

Edited by kun^^

I just did a holiday season as Arsenal (with live data update from sortitoutsi), and had the following results:

League 

2nd place with 23 wins, 8 draws, 7 losses - 77 points. The losses were ALL away, and were:

0-1 vs Bournemouth, 2-5 vs Man City, 3-4 vs West Ham, 0-1 vs Chelsea, 1-4 vs Tottenham, 0-2 vs Wolves, 1-2 vs Burnley

Had the most possession (60.58%) and highest amount of completed passes (24026) by far, with the highest completion percentage (85%)

Most goals in the league with 94

3rd highest clean sheets with 15

Player wise, I had Augameyang and Lacazette getting 1st and 3rd in the top scorer charts respectively, with 37 and 23 goals. Lacazette was mainly playing AML by the look of things. Mesut Ozil, the Enganche, had the highest key passes in the league with 76, but only registered 10 assists.

Cup competitions

League cup winners, Europa League finalists (lost 5-1 to Lyon, but had 2 red cards in the 42nd minute - still controlled possession though), FA cup finalists (lost 2-0 to Chelsea after extra time despite controlling the game and having injuries to key players). Looks like the tactic worked wonders in the cups.

After this relatively low effort test, I'm looking forward to starting a proper game with the tactic and seeing where it will take me when I've not just left my AM in charge of everything. Nice work!

4 minutes ago, Sean3h said:

I just did a holiday season as Arsenal (with live data update from sortitoutsi), and had the following results:

League 

2nd place with 23 wins, 8 draws, 7 losses - 77 points. The losses were ALL away, and were:

0-1 vs Bournemouth, 2-5 vs Man City, 3-4 vs West Ham, 0-1 vs Chelsea, 1-4 vs Tottenham, 0-2 vs Wolves, 1-2 vs Burnley

Had the most possession (60.58%) and highest amount of completed passes (24026) by far, with the highest completion percentage (85%)

Most goals in the league with 94

3rd highest clean sheets with 15

Player wise, I had Augameyang and Lacazette getting 1st and 3rd in the top scorer charts respectively, with 37 and 23 goals. Lacazette was mainly playing AML by the look of things. Mesut Ozil, the Enganche, had the highest key passes in the league with 76, but only registered 10 assists.

Cup competitions

League cup winners, Europa League finalists (lost 5-1 to Lyon, but had 2 red cards in the 42nd minute - still controlled possession though), FA cup finalists (lost 2-0 to Chelsea after extra time despite controlling the game and having injuries to key players). Looks like the tactic worked wonders in the cups.

After this relatively low effort test, I'm looking forward to starting a proper game with the tactic and seeing where it will take me when I've not just left my AM in charge of everything. Nice work!

Thank's for trying my tactic.

Looking foward to see the results, and most of all i hope you enjoy the style of play of this tactic.

If you have any questions let me know.

Have fun 

New save, good results so far.

cFlTrkO.jpg

yzK7kJw.jpg

qX2Q2R8.jpg

Edit:

Unlucky

(Who's barça after all? 735 passes completed vs 382) 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

iL5H2C0.jpg

Edited by kun^^

45 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

How many key passes and assists does your Eganche have? the Bilbao v Madrid goal was great with the Eganche getting the final ball in.

Usually he have the best key passes of the league / team, rigth now Raul Garcia have been injured and failed a few games (6 on league) and he still have 22 Key passes on 12 games.

Overall he got 37 Key passes in 22 matches played.

Assists its a bit strange , he don't get that many with the amount of key passes that he provide but maybe if the other players can't score isn't his fault :lol:

The assists are usually provided by the inside fowards and the full backs. On other hand, he still can score normaly the enganche on this tactic got on a average season 15/20 goals.

Hope you're enjoying this tactic :thup: have fun

TirjjC1.jpg 

12 hours ago, priceyd said:

Do you think this will work in Amy league? Looking st using it in the championship with derby they have decent side. 

I think so. If i remember Derby team i think you have a good chance of promotion, 

I'm testing the tactic on atletico bilbao just to see if it works on fairly good teams (not top tier and tier 2 teams) even with my save on FC United i don't have such a strong team, i think it could be as strong as a Everton side on present, and i managed to break down Man utd TOP side with OP Mourinho on this ME.

Just give it a try, and remember to change your width the way i explain on  post 1.

Hope you enjoy this tactic and have fun :thup: 

Edited by kun^^

28 minutes ago, Corei said:

What is the key att for Eganche and it's not common role so which players we should choose?

i agree, tried with ager aketxe, his average was rating after 20 games was 6,7

50 minutes ago, Corei said:

What is the key att for Eganche and it's not common role so which players we should choose?

20 minutes ago, Cuper said:

i agree, tried with ager aketxe, his average was rating after 20 games was 6,7

Key att. 

Passing

Off the ball

Anticipation

Composure

Decisions

Vision

Balance

@Cuper yeah aketxe isn't suited for enganche role, but i played him a few times there because of  Raul Garcia injury and he played ok.

His better suited for the IF's positions.

Edited by kun^^

27 minutes ago, Cuper said:

kun please write the most important attributes for all positions it would very helpfull, i'm playing with swansea and i will post results

Thank you

First Post edited with the Key Att for all Positions

On 12/06/2018 at 12:42, JohnShepard said:

If I do not have a player for the Enganche role, can I put on another and which would be the best AP or AM?

If the player can play AP for sure he still do a decent job on Enganche role, don't go for the overall position rating it can missleading you, if he have god pass , off the ball, decisions , antecipation , composure and balance he will play well on the role :thup: 

But you can try different options as well , the main reason i chose an enganche was because he don't drift to wide, his movement's are all on that pocket on the op defensive midfield, and that is where i want him to be.

Edited by kun^^

Well final results of the season, overall a good season where we achive to qualify to Champions league.

I think if we haven't had so many injuries we could maybe finished on 2th place , but luck wasn't on our side.

On europa league we were eliminated by Arsenal in quarter-finals on a phase where we don't have some key players available. 

Raul garcia made 53 Key passes on 30 games(Only 1 away from the 1st place) and finish 3rd on the table( With less 5 games)

We finish first on ball possession with an average of 60% 

Overral the tactic work really well on a Club that don't have to many good players and have the restriction on transfers as we Know

Edit: We are one of the 2 teams that beat Atletico Madrid, and we did it in style 3-0 at home :hammer:

QwrEkKw.jpg

tEvL1v0.jpg

YAxUs57.jpg

Ljnw7bb.jpg

I1zxnEp.jpg

AaQh9CY.jpg

Red Key players

Orange : Rotation players

zpcRhzn.jpg

Edited by kun^^

6 hours ago, mr.Extinction said:

well i try it whit italian squad, no sure what team but try!

is OPZ skin u use Kun?

Nope, it's  Nocturno 18

2 hours ago, LandonDonovan10 said:

Very fit system for Columbus Crew (MLS) Federico Higuain as enganche works well

:) Go Columbus!

14 hours ago, mr.Extinction said:

Amazing tactics that's all :D:D

Screen Shot 06-15-18 at 07.47 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 06-15-18 at 07.47 AM 001.PNG

Nice result's, im glad that you're enjoying the tactic.

@craigd84

Look at the stats of Fekir !! :D he made 5 assists on this game with PSG , his playing insane on the Enganche role tons of assists /Goals and Key passes

pgxjWpK.jpg

mGymExp.jpg

Qv3m3Lv.jpg

TkQYX8M.jpg

Hi Knap, I have really enjoyed using this tactic except I changed the enganche, only because I did not really have one. Other than personalising a few positions, there was not much to do at all. A really good tactic, thanks for sharing.

Hi Kun

What you go to protect the lead? Few times I went 2 or 3 goals up and then just get destroyed by opposition. Also through balls are being big problem for me. Giving quite a lot ccc away.

Is it something to do with quality of my players? I'm playing with Lech Poznan

2 hours ago, campos08 said:

Hi Kun

What you go to protect the lead? Few times I went 2 or 3 goals up and then just get destroyed by opposition. Also through balls are being big problem for me. Giving quite a lot ccc away.

Is it something to do with quality of my players? I'm playing with Lech Poznan

Usually if i went 2 or 3 goals, and then the oposition score on back i put my Fullbacks on support and change the width to narrow. On the final minutes, i put the fullbacks on defend duty and remove " prevent short Gk distribution" and set the closing down to "less" and thats it.

Only if was playing a elimination match like champions league or Europa league Knock out stages i'll do all the above and then change the mentality to "Defend" .

Have fun with Lech :thup:  

Edited by kun^^

1 hour ago, kun^^ said:

Usually if i went 2 or 3 goals, and then the oposition score on back i put my Fullbacks on support and change the width to narrow. On the final minutes, i put the fullbacks on defend duty and remove " prevent short Gk distribution" and set the closing down to "less" and thats it.

Only if was playing a elimination match like champions league or Europa league Knock out stages i'll do all the above and then change the mentality to "Defend" .

Have fun with Lech :thup:  

I do have fun ;)  . Already tried counter mentality with full backs on support in a league and won 4-0. I will follow your advice and see how it will go.

I've got to say I'm loving this tactic. It's really solid in away games too. Sometimes I've been changing the mentality to attacking at home and I'm blowing everyone away. This tactic plays some amazing football when you watch the games. Thanks for sharing this, it's a fantastic tactic :)

On 12/06/2018 at 08:06, kun^^ said:

If the player can play AP for sure he still do a decent job on Enganche role, don't go for the overall position rating it can missleading you, if he have god pass , off the ball, decisions , antecipation , composure and balance he will play well on the role :thup: 

But you can try different options as well , the main reason i chose an enganche was because he don't drift to wide, his movement's are all on that pocket on the op defensive midfield, and that is where i want him to be.

I usually face teams that play with 2 dm's and they make my Engache disappear. Any advice?

20 minutes ago, mantorras77 said:

I usually face teams that play with 2 dm's and they make my Engache disappear. Any advice?

Change the width to wider

This is exactly the type of tactic I was looking for! Fast-paced football with a lone striker as a goalgetter and a number 10 as the playmaker!

First tests seem great, only problem I have is that I already  invested in 2 DMC's in my Inter career and don't have an Enganche..thinking about starting over and get Franco Vazquez

@kun^^ 

10 games into my 4th season with Leeds, I must say that this tac makes the play flourish! 

Youngsters T.Roberts, Temenuzhkov, Trincão and R.Vieira playing wonderful football. And the trio upfront scoring goals and making assist like never before. 

Geniusly!  

Thanks for a superb tactic :applause:

Edit; What about the offisde trap, feels like the team get a bit exposed from time to time... Any experience of NOT using it?

Edited by pilmalm

36 minutes ago, pilmalm said:

@kun^^ 

10 games into my 4th season with Leeds, I must say that this tac makes the play flourish! 

Youngsters T.Roberts, Temenuzhkov, Trincão and R.Vieira playing wonderful football. And the trio upfront scoring goals and making assist like never before. 

Geniusly!  

Thanks for a superb tactic :applause:

Edit; What about the offisde trap, feels like the team get a bit exposed from time to time... Any experience of NOT using it?

How did it fare in the PL as an underdog?

1 hour ago, Fribbe said:

How did it fare in the PL as an underdog?

This is the first season using the tactic. But from the winter window season before, i started selling and recruiting to make te tactic fit properly after the season. Sold of 1 DM of mine. Signed Lovera for free as AMC. Sold S. Saiz and E. Alioski because the were to old (29 & 28).

Still, despite being 3 seasons in the PL, having the lowest salarys in the league all 3 seasons in a row. Almost 18£ mill under Middlesbrough. 

My first team as follow; 

D. Raya

L. Coyle   B. Kamara   Batubinsika   Chilwell

R. Vieira   G. Donsah (McKennie in Jan)

Trincão (H.Wilson)  Lovera   T. Roberts

K. Temenuzhkov

Some great youngsters on the bench; 

K. Ackermann (soon to be key-player) 

M. Downing

D. Valente

W. Fennell (regen, from Leeds academy)

W. Mellor (regen, from Leeds academy)

Thoose in bold are players i've had since first season. 

So. To your question ;) It works great right!!

Edited by pilmalm

33 minutes ago, pilmalm said:

This is the first season using the tactic. But from the winter window season before, i started selling and recruiting to make te tactic fit properly after the season. Sold of 1 DM of mine. Signed Lovera for free as AMC. Sold S. Saiz and E. Alioski because the were to old (29 & 28).

Still, despite being 3 seasons in the PL, having the lowest salarys in the league all 3 seasons in a row. Almost 18 mill £ under Middlesbrough. 

Please keep us updated on your progress when you're further into the season.