So as the title says I might use your help to make the tactic I'm trying to create better. 

I must say at the start that I'm getting a pretty decent results, but obviously I'm not entirely happy about the tactic. It's pretty stable at the back, I'm not loosing too many goals. Three attacking players are pressing the opposition defence nicely - as intended.

• The main issue I have though is not being creative enough while attacking.
  • I average like 10 shots a match. That's way too low
  • Most of the shots are from the long range and the attacking play is really not exciting at all.
  • The AMC position is rated around 6.3 every match and feels pretty useless no matter what role I'm setting.

73698473_LeHavreAthltiqueClub_Overview.thumb.png.a8c3b64c396ebdfbec649d4efca6406b.png

These are the only player instructions I use except for the ball distribution for the GK.

810409019_LeHavreAthltiqueClub_Player-3.thumb.png.d647353360a1c08696f9c9d2a416d729.png

1498988503_LeHavreAthltiqueClub_Player-2.thumb.png.f44204576dc09b381bf3356f1eeaf315.png

1901716517_LeHavreAthltiqueClub_Player.thumb.png.fbcc3ce51346e298f8ba5d16826bd9e6.png

So I need help to improve the attacking phase. Side note: I wouldn't like to change Mukendi's and Dior's role and position. Those guys are club grown players and I wanted to create a tactic system that evolves around them.  Any advice is very much appreciated!

Edited by mackos7
3 hours ago, danielsk said:

Why are you playing without a striker?

Just wanted to do something different this time and to give myself additional challenge pain to make this tactic work.

2 hours ago, Didaro said:

The first thing I would do is dump the PI "shoot less" for your AM and IF. 

The problem is - without those instructions roughly 75% of the shots are from long distance, which is not the way I would like my team to be playing. 

I've added 'work ball into box' instruction and changed mezzala to CM(A) and it helped a bit though.

Edited by mackos7

Why are you playing a Winger? Who is he going to cross to? I would suggest making your LW also an inside forward, he'll cut inside and combine better with the AM rather than running down the winger to cross into a box that most likely doesn't have a presence in it from your team.

51 minutes ago, mackos7 said:

The problem is - without those instructions roughly 75% of the shots are from long distance, which is not the way I would like my team to be playing. 

I've added 'work ball into box' instruction and changed mezzala to CM(A) and it helped a bit though.

Yeah, CM-A was going to be my next suggestion. I know you want to keep Dior in his current role and duty but have you considered playing him as an AP-S from the AM spot instead of from the central midfield? To me it looks like you have a lack of movement and that's why your two obvious attack options have to resort to long shots. Maybe two runners out of the central midfield and a more aggressive right back could create more options for you?

I have found generally this year it’s really hard to get a consistently good rating out of players in the AMC roles. It feels like all the strikerless tactics in recent years has led to them nerfing the role.