Can an amateur team turn semi-pro / pro?

i've been playing in the welsh league with Cardiff Met Uni, I know a semi pro team can turn pro if they become successful enough, but is it possible in the game for an amateur team to turn semi-pro? i.e just be able to sign players and pay wages?

8 minutes ago, lavster said:

i've been playing in the welsh league with Cardiff Met Uni, I know a semi pro team can turn pro if they become successful enough, but is it possible in the game for an amateur team to turn semi-pro? i.e just be able to sign players and pay wages?

Cardiff Met are permanently amateur, due to them being the team of the Athletics Union of the university.

8 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Cardiff Met are permanently amateur, due to them being the team of the Athletics Union of the university.

Thanks for this, are there other teams then that can change? i.e Queens Park?

7 minutes ago, lavster said:

Thanks for this, are there other teams then that can change? i.e Queens Park?

probably yes because reputation is main trigger for that. In serbia reputation for that is around 1000 but i guess this is different in other countries.

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

probably yes because reputation is main trigger for that. In serbia reputation for that is around 1000 but i guess this is different in other countries.

Queen's Park and Cardiff Met aren't just low-reputation. Their status is "Always Amateur" and they will never ever ever go semi-pro or pro, even if they won the Champions League and had maximum reputation. I think they're the only two playable teams in the game with that status though from a brief look.

19 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Queen's Park and Cardiff Met aren't just low-reputation. Their status is "Always Amateur" and they will never ever ever go semi-pro or pro, even if they won the Champions League and had maximum reputation. I think they're the only two playable teams in the game with that status though from a brief look.

Thanks again... looks like it'll be a few years here then maybe off to a club who i can try to increase.

10 minutes ago, lavster said:

Thanks again... looks like it'll be a few years here then maybe off to a club who i can try to increase.

Yep. I'd imagine with astute management it should be possible to win the Welsh League with them, but I can't see how you'd ever progress beyond that.

• 2 weeks later...

Queen's Park will forever be amateur. Their ethos is "Play for the love of the game". The Scottish F.A. have given them special dispensation if they ever reach the Premier League to take their place their as the Premier League rules state a club has to be professional.

Archived