[FM18] Return of the legends by David

Wallpaper.png

Here we go again! This year with another expanded version that will include even more legendary clubs and players. With this update you will have an opportunity to play and manage 3500 legends spread all over the world in their respective teams.

All of the major and many minor leagues are filled with clubs which possess their all-time greats and are under the guidance of some the managers , coaches and chairmans who ever graced the game.

Winning anything in this update is a success, as many clubs and national teams have some of the best talent that ever appeared in history of football. Italian, English, German, Spanish and French clubs are strongest competitors. And not just the major ones. There are teams from Holland, Belgium, Scotland, Russia, Ukraine, Austria, former Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or from Portugal who have good chances of winning the Champions League as much as the teams who are coming from the stronger leagues. This is like a Football Manager hard mode!

The players who are coming from the oldest eras of football are older than the ones who are appeared later and therefore are closer to their peak and reaching their full potential.

And don’t worry the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo & Neymar still exist, but are a younger versions of themselves and are relocated to their parent clubs. Because of that your task as a manager is even more challenging as it’s up to you to develop them into world-class players they are today and if you succeed to make them a part of your squad.

This is a thrilling update which can bring any Football Manager fan into an ecstatic state of nostalgia with no doubt that they will enjoy the game even more and find it refreshing and challenging like never before. Also were done and facepack for almost all players, which will further give the game interesting.

UPDATES:

1. 400 new legends including filled squads of Pisa, Venezia, Brescia, Bari, Ascoli, Braunschweig, Coventry, Ipswich, Fulham, Man. City, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, WBA, Beveren, Mechelen, Lokomotive Leipzig, Ferencvaros, Vasas, MTK, Dinamo Bucuresti, Steaua, Levski, Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, AEK, Galatasaray, Fenerbahche, Estudiantes LP, San Lorenzo, Racing Club, Fluminense, Cruzeiro, Vasco, Internacional.

Added legends like Edmundo, Mokhtar Dahari, Babangida, Pumpido, Calimbay, Saravakos, Stefanescu, Moldovan, Arne Brustad, Tahamata, Cunningham, Alex James, Nwanko Kanu, Riedle, Kurt Jara, Ebbe Sand, Lauren, Haim Revivo, Gigi Meroni, Lentini, Istvan Nyers...

2. Added missing managers and chairmans to all clubs with at least few legends, and also added some famous assistant managers, coaches and other staff. (Berlusconi at Milan, Cragnotti at Lazio, Santiago Bernabeu at Real, Joan Gamper at Barca, Bernard Tapie at Marseille...)

3. The values and wages of the players have been corrected to a more reasonable level. Maximum wage in top 5 leagues are 120k p/w, and max. value are 70 mil. euros.

4. The participants of european cups have been changed so in the first season there would play clubs that deserve it by tradition and successes through history.

Champions League (Real, Barca, Atletico, Valencia, Juve, Inter, Milan, Man.Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Marseille, Saint-Etienne, Monaco, Bayern, Gladbach, HSV, Dortmund, Ajax, PSV, Brugge, Anderlecht, Sparta, Slavia, Ferencvaros, Steaua, Dinamo Buc., Levski, Hajduk, Crvena Zvezda, Grasshoppers, Servette, Rapid Wien, Legia, Malmo, Celtic, Slovan...)

Europa League (Antwerp, Mechelen, Standard, Dukla, Vejle, Frem, Reims, Kaiserslautern, Koln, Schalke, Honved, Ujpest, MTK, Torino, Napoli, Roma, Gornik, Craiova, Torpedo M, Aberdeen, Rangers, Dundee Utd, OFK Beograd, Partizan, Vojvodina, La Coruna...)

5. Nation club coefficients and world rankings were also corrected in line with historical successes.

6. Added a lot of media sources from bigger countries like Marca, France Football, Kicker, L'equipe, La gazzetta, Tuttosport, El grafico...

The man behind the whole project is David Salapura from Serbia.

Preview:

Nwankwo-Kanu_-Overview-Profile.png
Miodrag-Belodedici_-Overview-Profile.png
Marcel-Desailly_-Overview-Profile.png
Jose-Leandro-Andrade_-Overview-Profile.p
Gyorgy-Sarosi_-Overview-Profile.png
Frantisek-Planicka_-Overview-Profile.png
Fernando-Peyroteo_-Overview-Profile.png
Ernst-Ocwirk_-Overview-Profile.png
Dimitris-Saravakos_-Overview-Profile.png
Carlos-Alberto-Torres_-Overview-Profile.
Brian-Laudrup_-Overview-Profile.png
Allan-Simonsen_-Overview-Profile.png
549bd84f229e04d0b.png
4509f0494f7623f3a.png
25b2f73378a3e0c3d.png
3214f93eeed70f490.png
1888567f5f2d19665.png

FB page for more screenshots

Installation Instructions:

1. Extract the contents of the .zip file using the default zip utility of your OS or get a free tool such as 7-zip.

2. Move the extracted "Return of the legends 2018.fmf" file to the following location:
Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 / editor data
Create the "editor data" folder if it doesn't exist.

3. To install the facepack, move the folder "Legends facepack" to your graphics folder:
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2018 > graphics > facepacks
Create the "graphics" and "facepacks" folders if they don't exist.

Go to Preferences screen and then into the Interface tab. Click on "Clear cache" and then "Reload skin".
Now you can see pictures of all legends.

4. Open FM 2018 and start a new save-game with 18.3.0 update and only this database selected, not other databases and transfer updates.

IMPORTANT: When creating a new save-game, you have to be patient because the process of loading game database takes about 2 hours. The problem is due to the conversion of the database from the previous series and a lot of data, which is not possible to fix it.

To load shortlist with all legends move the extracted "Legends shortlist.fmf" file to the following location:
Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 / shortlists

Enjoy and share your impressions! smile.gif

9 hours ago, gpassosbh said:

Great.

Can you show some pictures from Ajax?

Here is some SS.

9 hours ago, marcolmo said:

Great work, 

Congratulations for the excellent work, if interested I attach my facepacks legends ...your facepacks is very good, maybe you can find some better images.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmvthtm998hfobo/marcolmo+pack+legends.rar

Ciao marcolmo

Thanks, but I have photoshop template which I using to create special facepack with bigger dimensions. I don't prefer cut-out facepacks.

9 hours ago, marcolmo said:

I wanted to know if you can add nations external to the database such ...bolivia,ecuador ecc.

You can add that leagues manually when start new save.

Wim Suurbier_ Overview Profile.png

Johan Neeskens_ Overview Profile.png

Barry Hulshoff_ Overview Profile.png

Johnny Rep_ Overview Profile.png

Johan Cruijff_ Overview Profile.png

AFC Ajax_ Players Senior Squad.png

13 hours ago, davidczv said:

Here is some SS.

Thanks, but I have photoshop template which I using to create special facepack with bigger dimensions. I don't prefer cut-out facepacks.

You can add that leagues manually when start new save.

Wim Suurbier_ Overview Profile.png

Johan Neeskens_ Overview Profile.png

Barry Hulshoff_ Overview Profile.png

Johnny Rep_ Overview Profile.png

Johan Cruijff_ Overview Profile.png

AFC Ajax_ Players Senior Squad.png

That´s great. Thanks for the SS.

Only miss Van Basten on Ajax. Is he created in Ajax or Milan?

Regards

Thank you for your work on this.  

I am having some trouble with the facepack not aligning correctly though.  The facepack is in the graphics/facepacks folder in My Documents.  I have the 18.3.0 database loaded with no other databases active.  I've cleared the cache and reloaded the skin, but the players have the wrong pics.  Is there something I'm missing?

On 4/6/2018 at 04:24, thylie said:

Cannot find xabi alonso...

He was deleted this year due to retiring. So I forget about that and didn't re-add him. I will next year.

On 4/6/2018 at 14:49, Dircks said:

Thank you for your work on this.  

I am having some trouble with the facepack not aligning correctly though.  The facepack is in the graphics/facepacks folder in My Documents.  I have the 18.3.0 database loaded with no other databases active.  I've cleared the cache and reloaded the skin, but the players have the wrong pics.  Is there something I'm missing?

It looks like you doing all correct, but probably there is some issue. I can't realise what is it.

On 4/8/2018 at 10:05, CasperAscanius said:

Frem Boldklub are in danish Superliga and 2 division on same time. It must be a fault ? 

If you included some danish league updates with this databases it probably made some issues. I put Frem only in Superliga.

On 4/12/2018 at 02:38, bruhgmger2 said:

So whenever I try starting a game with this database, FM18 freezes up. I have version 16.3.0 and I don't have any other databases selected. Any idea on how I can solve this problem?

As I said in instructions, zou must wait for 2 hours to load game database...

On 4/13/2018 at 16:33, davidczv said:

As I said in instructions, zou must wait for 2 hours to load game database...

I actually figured out what happened. When I first started a save, it didn't freeze up, so when it did freeze up I thought it wasn't working. But one time I left it running after it froze up and It worked, and then I realized I just had to wait.

14 hours ago, CasperAscanius said:

Is there any chance that you will add more Danish legends and legends from Danish clubs? BTW. The clearly best legendary database to date. Thanks :)

Thanks. I will try to add more next year. I must found some relevant sources for players attributes and abilities.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2018 at 16:09, mattgoody99 said:

do I have to load all of the leagues for this to work? nice DB btw!

Thanks. It's not necessary, but for better experience you should load top 5 leagues + portuguese, dutch, brazilian and argentinian league, and other leagues set as view-only

• 2 months later...

Archived