The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Minuy600 said:

Ah I see. Too bad my squad was too tiny to manage what you're saying with 46 games a season, unfortunately.

Ah well, as I said i'll stick to FIFA for now and then come back fresh. My save with Everton (and the squads sorted like in 16/17 because that lineup always makes the most sense to me) on there is looking a cracker already!

When you do come back, feel free to give me a shout and @ me in your thread if you make one. Happy to help. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

When you do come back, feel free to give me a shout and @ me in your thread if you make one. Happy to help. 

Thank you! I'll be sure to keep going on the positive route i've set on with this save, though next time i'll probably start somewhere where I have a solid chance of silverware almost right off the bat. 

(As a sidenote, wow i'm the second most frequent poster on this topic? Crazy.)

Think I'm going to start a new thread tonight. It's been a while since I've been a regular in these parts, but I've really enjoyed my mess-around at Notts this week, so I've stated a "proper" save tonight. I don't have a theme as such (or even a title yet) but it's great to be interested in the game again, especially as it *won't* be a retro save. 

1 minute ago, withnail316 said:

Think I'm going to start a new thread tonight. It's been a while since I've been a regular in these parts, but I've really enjoyed my mess-around at Notts this week, so I've stated a "proper" save tonight. I don't have a theme as such (or even a title yet) but it's great to be interested in the game again, especially as it *won't* be a retro save. 

It's amazing what a break from the game can do, I didn't play for around 18 months and I'm completely hooked now even though it feels exactly the same as it did before.

3 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

That's great to hear, I'm looking forward to it. :thup:

What have been people playing in 2021? FM Careers in Europe with at least 10 updates and the last one being between January 1st and now. Of course I might have missed a couple and not always geographical location is 100% spot on, but I guess it shows the prevalence of UK careers, followed by central Europe and Scandinavia. Still little love of this part of the forum for south and eastern Europe!

Presentation15677eba9c8d43c7c.jpg

Even FIFA 21 is giving me an unprecented amount of stress. Started with Everton, did well in the first game against Swansea, then proceeded to lose against West Ham in the 85th minute, lost to Man United while they scored with their only 2 shots on target, and then lost against Rotherham in the Carabao Cup.

I'm so exhausted. All football games hate me it seems... I keep doing my best but what's the point? If i'm the only one who CAN'T get success while some people don't do jack **** and proceed to win the treble in the first season while playing on the highest difficulty? While i'm playing on Professional which seemed to work out perfectly fine in the past?

1 hour ago, Minuy600 said:

I'm so exhausted. All football games hate me it seems... I keep doing my best but what's the point? If i'm the only one who CAN'T get success while some people don't do jack **** and proceed to win the treble

I would dare say that the point of games is to enjoy yourself playing them, and not winning at all costs. To each of its own, but maybe u are to focused on winning. And be assured for each people you see succeding there are countless more failing the same as you (me included, I have yet to win nothing in FM21). Keep playing what u like. Peace!

6 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

I would dare say that the point of games is to enjoy yourself playing them, and not winning at all costs. To each of its own, but maybe u are to focused on winning. And be assured for each people you see succeding there are countless more failing the same as you (me included, I have yet to win nothing in FM21). Keep playing what u like. Peace!

I agree but also disagree, if you go 4 years of playing FIFA *and* FM and yet have only managed one Carabao Cup, Dutch Super Cup, Kiribatian League and pre-season tournament across all of them, then it really starts to eat you up, trust me.

Admittedly though I can think of a few solutions, that being to give up on trying to challenge myself too much and playing on a lower difficulty on FIFA even if it DOES feel like cheating (then again, I could up the difficulty again for big matches...), or to continue playing FMT but with teams that are already quite stacked, like say, PSG, Celtic or Basel. The balance just needs to be there.

48 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

I agree but also disagree, if you go 4 years of playing FIFA *and* FM and yet have only managed one Carabao Cup, Dutch Super Cup, Kiribatian League and pre-season tournament across all of them, then it really starts to eat you up, trust me.

Admittedly though I can think of a few solutions, that being to give up on trying to challenge myself too much and playing on a lower difficulty on FIFA even if it DOES feel like cheating (then again, I could up the difficulty again for big matches...), or to continue playing FMT but with teams that are already quite stacked, like say, PSG, Celtic or Basel. The balance just needs to be there.

Turn your difficulty down on Fifa to semi-pro for few of games, build up a bit of momentum, then turn it up again. You shouldn't even notice the change when you go back. 

The alternative is to start at a tiny club on FM where just staying in the division or a midtable finish *is success.* You can then use that momentum to step up into a job with a few more expectations. I'd recommend a job in Scotland for the latter. Nobody will expect you to finish in the top two, so there's less pressure. You can then build from there. 

Edited by withnail316
48 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

or to continue playing FMT

Just a point here, if you're expecting FMT to be an easy version of FM, you're setting yourself up for a fall. It's a streamlined version, but it's designed to be just as hard. 

5 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Turn your difficulty down on Fifa to semi-pro for few of games, build up a bit of momentum, then turn it up again. You shouldn't even notice the change when you go back. 

Exactly what i'm doing right now. I'm also gonna play as Bayern for a few seasons, gradually turning up the difficulty and whatnot. Now i'm fully playing on Semi-Pro, but i'll start playing on Professional against weaker teams again later, and eventually make a full comeback come season 2 or so. Maybe there's some sliders to mess with too.

5 hours ago, withnail316 said:

The alternative is to start at a tiny club on FM where just staying in the division or a midtable finish *is success.* You can then use that momentum to step up into a job with a few more expectations. I'd recommend a job in Scotland for the latter. Nobody will expect you to finish in the top two, so there's less pressure. You can then build from there. 

That is also very much an idea. I mean, playing as Morecambe, I was doing just fine in 19th place, but I was moreso frustrated I couldn't get more results because my defense kept leaking, no matter how many times we scored. It was infuriating. I felt we played good enough to be fighting for promotion spots as we kind of did for like half of season 1.

Edited by Minuy600
10 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

What have been people playing in 2021? FM Careers in Europe with at least 10 updates and the last one being between January 1st and now. Of course I might have missed a couple and not always geographical location is 100% spot on, but I guess it shows the prevalence of UK careers, followed by central Europe and Scandinavia. Still little love of this part of the forum for south and eastern Europe!

Presentation15677eba9c8d43c7c.jpg

Well I'm at Lokomotiv Moscow at the moment, even if I don't have an active thread.

On 16/01/2021 at 21:25, withnail316 said:

Think I'm going to start a new thread tonight. It's been a while since I've been a regular in these parts, but I've really enjoyed my mess-around at Notts this week, so I've stated a "proper" save tonight. I don't have a theme as such (or even a title yet) but it's great to be interested in the game again, especially as it *won't* be a retro save

Fraud! :herman: :lol:

Out of interest, do most of you have gaming-specific laptops/desktops? I only ask because I'm a little envious of some of the gameworlds I see on here. I think my laptop would go up in a cloud of smoke if I even tried to recreate them...

1 hour ago, withnail316 said:

Out of interest, do most of you have gaming-specific laptops/desktops? I only ask because I'm a little envious of some of the gameworlds I see on here. I think my laptop would go up in a cloud of smoke if I even tried to recreate them...

I think you could say that about my PC... six years ago. :lol:

Yeah I don't have a good PC for FM at all. Anything from FM18 just lags terribly on any moment there's something in 3D on display. It's rather disheartening. Luckily FM17 and especially it's Touch version still work fine, and i'm sure that if I run only like 3 countries at once like I do on FMT now, it's gonna be just a bit smoother. FM18 is still my favorite regardless.