The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, scousevasey said:

I found it on the schedule screen

bffb5bfe6450919fd76fcc2b59f3082c.png

But of the six friendlies this year, I set up five, and one was an invite.  I was in the middle of a backroom clear out at the time but there was a DoF and a Coach who could have done it as it only lists Backroom staff and not Asst Man

It's only there as a tick box, (and is on the proper responsibilities page too). That's why I missed it. 

706cd05713c88888527dc95182b865bf.png

My Ass Man will arrange Winter break friendlies, but not pre-season friendlies for some reason. It could be linked to us having a pre-season Training Camp, but there are still 10 days between the Training Camp and the 1st league game. The Ass Man AI is basically saying, "I don't need to arrange a friendly in this period and that's wrong". 

We started last season with absolutely nothing, (because I didn't notice), and in a season where we only lost 6 domestic games all season, 2 of them were the 1st 2 games of the season. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's only there as a tick box, (and is on the proper responsibilities page too). That's why I missed it. 

706cd05713c88888527dc95182b865bf.png

My Ass Man will arrange Winter break friendlies, but not pre-season friendlies for some reason. It could be linked to us having a pre-season Training Camp, but there are still 10 days between the Training Camp and the 1st league game. The Ass Man AI is basically saying, "I don't need to arrange a friendly in this period and that's wrong". 

We started last season with absolutely nothing, (because I didn't notice), and in a season where we only lost 6 domestic games all season, 2 of them were the 1st 2 games of the season. 

Will keep an eye out to see if the same happens next season.

Would be interesting to test if not having the training camp makes a difference, but I am not sure how to do that

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

The Polish lower league editor file is out, which can only mean one thing...

382.gif.6d78fa435c1b70222c8a6c95da6b5f8a.gif

Managed to mess around with a file that was uploaded on Steam and seemingly get a working file down to level 9. Just testing now and then I should be good to go. It includes level 10 but the person who made it is missing teams apparently.

Just now, Peter G said:

Manage to mess around with a file that was uploaded on Steam and seemingly get a working file down to level 9. Just testing now and then I should be good to go. It includes level 10 but the person who made it is missing teams apparently.

That's rather unlikely because there's no level 10 in Poland at all. :D Only two or three regions have level 9 as well, in most parts of the country the pyramid goes down to level 8.

Just now, Rikulec said:

That's rather unlikely because there's no level 10 in Poland at all. :D Only two or three regions have level 9 as well, in most parts of the country the pyramid goes down to level 8.

Ah, sorry. Meant to include England in that.

Lost motivation for my save because it's so time consuming after bravely playing every day since the start of the beta. Got the rad idea of just continuing to sim the world that has already developed on the game at the same pace as i'd play it, one month a day. Let's see how this goes.

I'll come back to management on there whenever I feel like it, basically.

4 hours ago, Maw74 said:

I am disappointed with this screenshot :(

I can't conceive why SI would make so many changes to the match screen... In my opinion it has been downhill since they ditched split view (FM18?), and this year even worse.

---

Regarding my own save(s), I have something going but last year I was too burned out by the full version before I could conclude my save with Nantwich. So much that I really wanted to play FMT this year, and in reality I have no reason to play the full version apart from some minor skinning details I fear won't be editable in FMT.

I've seen it before. I don't think it'll show up as a PPM though.

---

I'm struggling to find a save to settle on. I tried FM full but it has too many things I don't really want nothing to do with, and now that I have solved a few annoying things in FMT I'm hoping to finally get a proper save going.

Single European club careers with at least 10 posts which have been updated in the past two weeks in this part of the forum (hope I didnt left any out). Still a dominance of UK-based clubs, some interest for Germany and then sparsely clubs in random countries. No love for Spain or Italy it would seem. Best of luck to all of you!

Presentation16b1fefe9338bfadc.jpg

11 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Single European club careers with at least 10 posts which have been updated in the past two weeks in this part of the forum (hope I didnt left any out). Still a dominance of UK-based clubs, some interest for Germany and then sparsely clubs in random countries. No love for Spain or Italy it would seem. Best of luck to all of you!

You forget me and Cyprus mate..:D

On 18/12/2020 at 06:52, Muttley84 said:

Maybe I will do Italy after I finish in Hungary....even though I was thinking of an Asian Journeyman Career!

On 18/12/2020 at 11:52, Muttley84 said:

Just saw your map, looks lovely!

I think quite a lot of people that do Italian saves join the big thread that is usually started each year in the challenges forum, which may explain the lack of threads here.

I don't want to be negative and go into too much detail. (I think my thread says it all). 

Is anyone else struggling to stay engaged with the game this year? I'm just not feeling it. :(

Can't even move to a different edited database because the Editor is seemingly so rubbish that a lot of people are just not working with it until it improves. A lot of the lower league edited databases out there are made up with clubs ranked by reputation rather than real life position. 

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Is anyone else struggling to stay engaged with the game this year? I'm just not feeling it. :(

I'm completely hooked, although that's probably down to taking 18 months off rather than this particular version.

27 minutes ago, dafuge said:

I'm completely hooked, although that's probably down to taking 18 months off rather than this particular version.

I haven't given up. I'm starting a new save and will see how I go. 

I've already had more saves in FM21 than I think I have had in..... well, ever actually. 

There's just a few annoying niggles for me. The bad ratings for players, especially fullbacks, if you play defensive, countering football along with morale being soooo important to a point it negates tactical tweaking are the main ones. Am still chugging along atm though.

I was hooked but then life took over a bit a now can't get more than 45 mins of game-time and don't even want to fire up the game if can't sink in 2-3 hours in. So now just play COD for a game or two. But since I got my save for this FM I will not find new save. 

It's unfortunately just too slow for my computer even though I quite possibly have my favorite save ever on it. Everything clicked, except for the game speed.

There's a chance I might get a new computer soon though so that issue could get resolved.

I see a lot of debate about the use of DoF's sometimes and whether they're worth it, however I always let mine try and find players as however many rubbish deals I have to veto, occasionally they come up with a valuable gem I'd have otherwise missed which makes it all worthwhile. My first window at Lokomotiv Moscow provides a prime example as I was looking for a new forward, the stand out young Russian (as you need all the good Russians you can get) being too expensive, and the DoF pops up with this guy for just 1.1M from his native Colombia...

Orjuela.thumb.jpg.76c1a9828b152e96668d9a362fce033b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting... I have had the first board takeover on FM21 which resulted in the new board submitting bids for players - and somehow I managed to cancel the bids for the two players which the new chairman made!

One was a bid which I was able to choose Cancel Transfer on, while another was an end of contract bid which I was able to withdraw. It seemed like on FM20 and earlier it was never possible to cancel such bids after a new chairman takeover, which was frustrating on a youth only save.

V217Cy.jpg

Some shirt designs for Mawborough!

8dg4ey.jpg

Which home & away shirts do you think are the best?

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

For me I would say number 2 for the home kit and number 5 for the away kit.

Thanks, we are very close in thinking as you picked one that I am favouring.:thup:

Afternoon all. Genuinely tempted to buy the Xbox version of FM21. Has anybody bought it? I understand the control takes some getting used to, but my Xbox is more powerful than my laptop, so it makes sense. 

Also, does anybody know if you need to buy two copies (ie FM21 Xbox and FMT) to cross save? 

On 02/12/2020 at 08:28, Deisler26 said:

Hey man, hope the family is OK? You're OK?

Sorry chief, totally forgot I had posted. As good as can be under the circumstances, and you? Have not played much FM though, trying to stay off the internet because of *gestures at the entire world* this. 

Tempted by the Xbox version though. 

On 12/01/2021 at 16:36, withnail316 said:

Afternoon all. Genuinely tempted to buy the Xbox version of FM21. Has anybody bought it? I understand the control takes some getting used to, but my Xbox is more powerful than my laptop, so it makes sense. 

Also, does anybody know if you need to buy two copies (ie FM21 Xbox and FMT) to cross save? 

I took the plunge and bought the Xbox version. Looks like I'll play pre-season on the laptop and when the window shuts, crash through on the Xbox. I can live with that. 

I can't take this anymore guys. I'm really sick and tired of seeing everyone succeed at what they do while I took 3,5 years to win exactly one cup and one domestic league.

It's so inherintly tiring to see my Morecambe struggle to defend literally anything at all while we at the same can do genuinely great things against leading and relegated clubs. I am doing good enough technically because Barnet and Wrexham are absolutely embarrasing themselves, but with all these success stories being flung your way, I hate the way it's going. 

What do I keep doing so wrong? It's been years and i've managed to do exactly nothing while of my friends won the league in just second season on FM in general...

On 14/01/2021 at 14:11, Minuy600 said:

I can't take this anymore guys. I'm really sick and tired of seeing everyone succeed at what they do while I took 3,5 years to win exactly one cup and one domestic league.

It's so inherintly tiring to see my Morecambe struggle to defend literally anything at all while we at the same can do genuinely great things against leading and relegated clubs. I am doing good enough technically because Barnet and Wrexham are absolutely embarrasing themselves, but with all these success stories being flung your way, I hate the way it's going. 

What do I keep doing so wrong? It's been years and i've managed to do exactly nothing while of my friends won the league in just second season on FM in general...

Honestly, you shouldn't compare how successful you are to how successful other people are. Loads of people play the game differently. Some re-load if they don't like a result. Some use the editor. Some used downloaded tactics. Some do nothing at all and many do little bits in between. FM isn't really about competing with other unless you are playing online. I know it's a cliche, but it's all about the journey. 

Some would say I'm quite successful at the game, but have a look at what a struggle I've had in my current Scandi Journeyman save. 

24c26c747367508991b834a6f943f79b.png

I might have hammered the trophies when I was at Stjarnan, but other than that I've been pretty decent, but without winning much. 

5 league titles, 1 Playoff win and 7 Cup wins is a pretty meagre return for 23 seasons played, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

I limit myself in many ways that others don't. but that's through personal choice and I would much rather play the way I do than not win, than play the way some others do and win everything. 

Do you mind if I ask how do you play? Do you download tactics and if so which one's. Is it possible that while it's a decent tactic, you haven't got the players needed to make best use of it? Do you want to play a certain way? What way? What is your recruitment strategy? 

For what it's worth I would suggest that 1 league win and 1 Cup win managing Morecambe is pretty decent. The 1st season doesn't count, (in my opinion), and after that you have won a trophy in 2 of the other seasons and you are half way through a 4th season at a higher level. It's bound to take time for the squad to adapt. I would suggest that you are doing quite well and you should ignore what others are doing and enjoy your own game. 

If you would like me to have a look at your save/tactic/squad then while I don't pretend to be any sort of expert, I would happily have a little look and offer you some suggestions if you are interested? Just upload your save and send me a pm and I will see what I can do. 

The big thing though.... just enjoy it. It's really not all about winning at all. 

On 12/01/2021 at 14:01, Maw74 said:

V217Cy.jpg

Some shirt designs for Mawborough!

8dg4ey.jpg

Which home & away shirts do you think are the best?

Home. 3, 4, & 5 are ok. I would pick 3. 

1. Un-interesting. 
2. Spiderman. No thanks. 
3. Good. 
4. Good. 
5. Good. 
6. Prefer black trip than white trip. 

Away. I would pick 4.

1. Spiderman. No thanks. 
2. ok. 
3. No thanks. 
4. Yeah, I like that one even though I didn't like the equivalent home kit. 
5. Don't like the diagonal. 
6. A but busy for my liking. 

Apologies for not responding sooner. Only just seen this now. 

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Honestly, you shouldn't compare how successful you are to how successful other people are. Loads of people play the game differently. Some re-load if they don't like a result. Some use the editor. Some used downloaded tactics. Some do nothing at all and many do little bits in between. FM isn't really about competing with other unless you are playing online. I know it's a cliche, but it's all about the journey. 

Some would say I'm quite successful at the game, but have a look at what a struggle I've had in my current Scandi Journeyman save. 

24c26c747367508991b834a6f943f79b.png

I might have hammered the trophies when I was at Stjarnan, but other than that I've been pretty decent, but without winning much. 

5 league titles, 1 Playoff win and 7 Cup wins is a pretty meagre return for 23 seasons played, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

I limit myself in many ways that others don't. but that's through personal choice and I would much rather play the way I do than not win, than play the way some others do and win everything. 

Do you mind if I ask how do you play? Do you download tactics and if so which one's. Is it possible that while it's a decent tactic, you haven't got the players needed to make best use of it? Do you want to play a certain way? What way? What is your recruitment strategy? 

For what it's worth I would suggest that 1 league win and 1 Cup win managing Morecambe is pretty decent. The 1st season doesn't count, (in my opinion), and after that you have won a trophy in 2 of the other seasons and you are half way through a 4th season at a higher level. It's bound to take time for the squad to adapt. I would suggest that you are doing quite well and you should ignore what others are doing and enjoy your own game. 

If you would like me to have a look at your save/tactic/squad then while I don't pretend to be any sort of expert, I would happily have a little look and offer you some suggestions if you are interested? Just upload your save and send me a pm and I will see what I can do. 

The big thing though.... just enjoy it. It's really not all about winning at all. 

Oop, I think you misunderstood me when I said I had one league and one cup win, I meant that over my 3,5 years of playing, not during my time at Morecambe. I'll send you the save and then give further explanations for whatever you ask for.

EDIT: Apologies, I cannot do that, it exceeds the file size limit as it seems. I'll talk to you about it in DMs tomorrow if that's okay with ya.

Edited by Minuy600
9 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Oop, I think you misunderstood me when I said I had one league and one cup win, I meant that over my 3,5 years of playing, not during my time at Morecambe. I'll send you the save and then give further explanations for whatever you ask for.

EDIT: Apologies, I cannot do that, it exceeds the file size limit as it seems. I'll talk to you about it in DMs tomorrow if that's okay with ya.

Yeah, you would need to upload it to a file-sharing service or something like that. 

Or alternatively, create your own thread, (if you already have one then I can't see it), and I promise you there will be lots of people able to offer you advice and help. 

1 thing that I think is important is player condition for example and I know that even in FM20, (when there was an actual % to see), many people were far more relaxed about condition when selecting their squads than I am. 

There are so many people in here to learn from, (and I'm far from a tactical expert), but there is more to the game than "just" tactics if that makes sense.

Big bid. Aug 2043

I've just turned down a bid of £800,000 for 21 year old centre-half Toni Lindberg 6'2". I actually negotiated the previous offer and would have accepted it if the had agreed to 25% and a friendly. 

While I was waiting to see of they would accept, we've received this bid. 

5f4320c3093937bde7e2ec559e307f6b.png

I had an option to either protest or negotiate the transfer and I chose negotiate. I then requested that they include a sell on clause in the deal, and they agreed, but they didn't say how much we would get. He's been very much a fringe player this season, (after going out on loan last season), and he's just starting to break into the 1st team largely because of the fixture congestion because of our 1st European games. I wasn't thinking of selling him, but when your record transfer fee received is £35,000 and someone offers you £850,000 for a player who struggles to get into the team, well there wasn't much chance of me protesting this. The deal went through, but we don't seem to have managed to negotiate a sell-on clause which is a shame. 

fd4d53bf5e30bac3e8d7814b1923b1e7.png

536db81af65f14f059981a13e99c96bf.png

377d29fc269ef740a19fffbf155882ea.png

12 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yeah, you would need to upload it to a file-sharing service or something like that. 

Or alternatively, create your own thread, (if you already have one then I can't see it), and I promise you there will be lots of people able to offer you advice and help. 

1 thing that I think is important is player condition for example and I know that even in FM20, (when there was an actual % to see), many people were far more relaxed about condition when selecting their squads than I am. 

There are so many people in here to learn from, (and I'm far from a tactical expert), but there is more to the game than "just" tactics if that makes sense.

I'll upload it to that file sharing service later on. For now i've decided to make a jump to FIFA and just try and win silverware with a top half side, the pressure should be a lot less and I have more of a say in how well we perform. Maybe then i'll come back all freshened up and follow your advice.

Player condition is important to me also, I usually only pick those with 91%+ stamina.

9 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Player condition is important to me also, I usually only pick those with 91%+ stamina.

Obviously there are no %'s in FM21, but I used to try and stich to 95%+ for starting XI. Didn't always manage it but there is no way I would regularly play players who were at 91-94%. 

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

Obviously there are no %'s in FM21, but I used to try and stich to 95%+ for starting XI. Didn't always manage it but there is no way I would regularly play players who were at 91-94%. 

Ah I see. Too bad my squad was too tiny to manage what you're saying with 46 games a season, unfortunately.

Ah well, as I said i'll stick to FIFA for now and then come back fresh. My save with Everton (and the squads sorted like in 16/17 because that lineup always makes the most sense to me) on there is looking a cracker already!