The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/12/2021 at 21:01, kingjericho said:

Is there a bug regarding important players being unhappy with playing time? I have CL matches in the middle of the week so naturally I need to rest them in the league matches, they all become concerned because I'm not playing them all the time.

Do you interact with them and tell them you're doing that?

Is there a bug regarding important players being unhappy with playing time? I have CL matches in the middle of the week so naturally I need to rest them in the league matches, they all become concerned because I'm not playing them all the time.

I've got the same problem with my wingers.

I've promised to give them more games, then given then exactly the same amount of games that they were getting before. This made them happy!

It's worse when they're Star Players and they get angry when they don't play a game.  Though they have about 60% fitness and literally cannot play that game.

Edited by SpillBlood

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Loan negotiations seem to be broken. The AI refuses to change almost every aspect of the loan deal. Sometimes I try to change wages from 100% to 90% or just change the agreed role and even these small changes are always denied.

yes agreed really bugging me..... they have to play in a specific position and specific role, if not the manager will just complain all season!!!! it shouldnt be like this at all, as long as the feeder club is playing the player thats all that should matter

On 12/01/2022 at 23:45, kingjericho said:

Loan negotiations seem to be broken. The AI refuses to change almost every aspect of the loan deal. Sometimes I try to change wages from 100% to 90% or just change the agreed role and even these small changes are always denied.

Tried to sign a player with a £15k monthly fee. Eight times they negotiated that to the massively different figure of £15.75k per week. This is a decent sized Brazilian team moaning over a total of about £18k of the six month loan!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright then, a while ago I promised you some big news (it was in my career update thread I think) and here we go. I got in touch with the first team analyst at Admira Wacker in the Austrian Bundesliga a while ago and today he told me I'll be able to participate in the pre-match opposition analysis for them, helping him out with this remotely until the end of this season. I'll also get the chance to actually travel to Austria and spend a few days with the team, observing the training and maybe doing some analysis work as well. The best case scenario - and definitely a possibility if I do well enough, as they told me - is that I might get a full time position as a first team analyst for them. Needless to say, this would be absolutely ****ing massive for me and it would most definitely get me into the FM23 database. :D It's all in my hands now!

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Alright then, a while ago I promised you some big news (it was in my career update thread I think) and here we go. I got in touch with the first team analyst at Admira Wacker in the Austrian Bundesliga a while ago and today he told me I'll be able to participate in the pre-match opposition analysis for them, helping him out with this remotely until the end of this season. I'll also get the chance to actually travel to Austria and spend a few days with the team, observing the training and maybe doing some analysis work as well. The best case scenario - and definitely a possibility if I do well enough, as they told me - is that I might get a full time position as a first team analyst for them. Needless to say, this would be absolutely ****ing massive for me and it would most definitely get me into the FM23 database. :D It's all in my hands now!

That’s awesome! Hope it works out for you! Does that put your job at Legia on hold?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Krasnador are on my naughty list. 

Pst, @_Ben_’s thread might be one to steer clear of. Or, read because his threads are very good :D

Likely a better read than what is said in that tweet.

It’s not the club/writer/thread/messenger on this board that should be impacted by RL issues with the stories already started.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2022 at 15:48, Jimbokav1971 said:

Krasnador are on my naughty list. 

On 04/03/2022 at 06:46, Sonic Youth said:

Pst, @_Ben_’s thread might be one to steer clear of. Or, read because his threads are very good :D

Likely a better read than what is said in that tweet.

It’s not the club/writer/thread/messenger on this board that should be impacted by RL issues with the stories already started.

I honestly didn't realise @_Ben_was managing them. 

In completely unrelated news......

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how long ago this saga started, (10-12 years now possibly), but I can assure you all that @dafugeis a very happy man today. 

To anyone who doesn't know, this forums hatred for all things Staines:mad:, relates to a @dafugesave back in the dim and distant past where he took them from a non-playable league to the Premier League, only to fall victim to a change of board who then decided they would appoint someone else and @dafugewas sacked on the spot. (You are NOT, I repeat, NOT allowed to laugh at this. It is NOT funny). :lol:

4e06ea0d6c831813132fff4fa775aa33.png
56a68cdd134f5f2d4b903c4adf5825e2.png
9504b3a27e972c5c2af1f2acdc7781bf.png

781235f7f74c13d842ab875efcdd6064.png

It would appear that karma is indeed a biatch!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished my second season managing Alemannia Aachen.

We got promoted fairly comfortably last season from the Regionalliga West and also won the Mittelrheinpokal.

Finances are a bit weird, I'm £2m in the red but have £40,000 free in wages so I'm having to deal in loans and frees still.

Anyway, it was a dramatic season that ended up going to the final day and you can read about it here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2022 at 21:08, Platinum said:

Is there any way to download the story I've been posting here? Along with the images and mp4 clips?

I don't think you can download it, but assuming you have a thread of your own, [goes to have a look], then you can link to it in here or link to it via social media if that's any good? 

Like this. 

Or like this. 

Did you know if you typed in Akademie in search bar and you'll find some hidden lesser known academy clubs in Africa regions ;) Few got great youth facilities.

Edited by john1

Just so I don't lose track of any ideas for #FM23

1. Bordeaux have been relegated to the 3rd Tier of French football due to financial irregularities. 

2. Ukraine. Something just to educate myself on the geography and history if Ukrainian football due to current circumstances. 

3. Hungary. The National Team have beaten ENG twice. How far can they be taken. 

4. A.S.D. Sangiuliano City Nova Football Club, (from Milan), have been promoted to playable Serie C in Italy. 

5. Recreativo finished as high as 8th in La Liga in 2006/07 but are now back in the 4th Tier in Spain after being promoted. 

6. A team newly promoted into the National North/South League in England. (Worthing, Buxton, Banbury, Taunton, Peterborough Sports, Scarborough & Farnborough).

7. A non-playable team from the league below National North/South. (I'm specifically thinking about AFC Rushden & Diamonds). 

8. SV TÜRKGÜCÜ MÜNCHEN in German 3rd Tier, (although they have just been relegated to the 4th Tier and I don't know if they are playable and if they get Turkish Newgens. 

9. Regensburg in Germany. They are in the 2nd Tier though so is that too easy? 

10. I wonder if there are any Ukrainian football clubs in Crimea that now have to play in the Russian league? Would love to stick it up the Russians with them. 

11. Can I win the Serbian title with someone other than Partizan and Red Star? 

12. South American Journeyman. How many trophies can you win? 

13. SC Schiltigheim play in the French Tier. (FCSR HAGUENAU could also be used for the same reason). They have a German name because that area used to be German and was subsequently returned to France but the name stuck. They get French Newgens, (I think), but what if we only signed Germans, (other than the Youth Intake)?

14. Las Palmas is just West of the Sahara desert, but despite that play in the 2nd Tier in Spain. How far could you take them with just Academy products & African signings? 

15. FC Vaduz. Liechtenstein in Switzerland. I've never done it. I've got to at some point haven't I? 

16. Welsh clubs in England. Can only manage Welsh clubs.

17. SC Bastia have been demoted to the 5th tier in Italy (I of course mean France), because of financial skulduggery. They are a Corsican team, (like AC Ajaccio), and if you holiday long enough they should promote themselves to a playable league because of their high reputation. 

18. Asian Journeyman.  How many trophies can you win? 

Any other suggestions? 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

2. Ukraine. Something just to educate myself on the geography and history if Ukrainian football due to current circumstances. 

10. I wonder if there are any Ukrainian football clubs in Crimea that now have to play in the Russian league? Would love to stick it up the Russians with them. 

My first long-term FM20 save was in Ukraine so I remember a few things about this (and Wiki is filling in the gaps).

Tavriya Simferopol won the first Ukrainian Premier League, but ever since then it's been Shakhtar Donetsk or Dynamo Kyiv each year. So my aim was to break the duolopy by getting Tavriya back to the top. Failed of course, but that could be a challenge for you.

Also, they were based in Crimea prior to the annexing. They moved and are still in the Ukrainian set-up now, but a new club, FC SK Simferopol, was formed and play in the Crimean league. UEFA didn't allow Crimean teams into the Russian leagues.

15 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

14. Las Palmas is just West of the Sahara desert, but despite that play in the 2nd Tier in Spain. How far could you take them with just Academy products & African signings? 

What about an island challenge? Winning the leagues of those teams who play in a mainland league but are situated on an island?

Las Palmas (Spain)

Cagliari (Italy)

Maritimo (Portugal)

Ajaccio (France)

IFK Mariehamn (Finland)

Obviously there will be more such as Mallorca or Ibiza in Spain but maybe an idea?

4 hours ago, deez0r said:

What about an island challenge? Winning the leagues of those teams who play in a mainland league but are situated on an island?

Las Palmas (Spain)

Cagliari (Italy)

Maritimo (Portugal)

Ajaccio (France)

IFK Mariehamn (Finland)

Obviously there will be more such as Mallorca or Ibiza in Spain but maybe an idea?

From this list IFK Mariehamn would be especially interesting given that they are located on the Aland Islands, a Swedish-speaking region inhabited mostly by Swedes.

21 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Just so I don't lose track of any ideas for #FM23

1. Bordeaux have been relegated to the 3rd Tier of French football due to financial irregularities. 

3. Hungary. The National Team have beaten ENG twice. How far can they be taken. 

4. A.S.D. Sangiuliano City Nova Football Club, (from Milan), have been promoted to playable Serie C in Italy. 

5. Recreativo finished as high as 8th in La Liga in 2006/07 but are now back in the 4th Tier in Spain after being promoted. 

6. A team newly promoted into the National North/South League in England. (Worthing, Buxton, Banbury, Taunton, Peterborough Sports, Scarborough & Farnborough).

7. A non-playable team from the league below National North/South. (I'm specifically thinking about AFC Rushden & Diamonds). 

8. SV TÜRKGÜCÜ MÜNCHEN in German 3rd Tier, (although they have just been relegated to the 4th Tier and I don't know if they are playable and if they get Turkish Newgens. 

9. Regensburg in Germany. They are in the 2nd Tier though so is that too easy? 

11. Can I win the Serbian title with someone other than Partizan and Red Star? 

12. South American Journeyman. How many trophies can you win? 

13. SC Schiltigheim play in the French Tier. (FCSR HAGUENAU could also be used for the same reason). They have a German name because that area used to be German and was subsequently returned to France but the name stuck. They get French Newgens, (I think), but what if we only signed Germans, (other than the Youth Intake)?

15. FC Vaduz. Liechtenstein in Switzerland. I've never done it. I've got to at some point haven't I? 

16. Welsh clubs in England. Can only manage Welsh clubs.

17. SC Bastia have been demoted to the 5th tier in Italy because of financial skulduggery. They are a Corsican team, (like AC Ajaccio), and if you holiday long enough they should promote themselves to a playable league because of their high reputation. 

18. Asian Journeyman.  How many trophies can you win? 

Any other suggestions? 

Only the sky is the limit. :brock:

Sadly there are still no regions/states added to the birthplaces.

You could do so much with it.

I loved my UD Lanzarote / Canary Islands save, but it was so much work.

I got some plans for FM 23 too.

- Beta Save, probably DoF Style again 

- Youth Challenge

Depending once the DB coming out

- Winning a World Cup with...Thailand. After my failed attempt, I want to do it again.

This will proably be the first 3-4 months of the game circle.:lol:

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

From this list IFK Mariehamn would be especially interesting given that they are located on the Aland Islands, a Swedish-speaking region inhabited mostly by Swedes.

I actually knew that because I managed them a couple of years ago in my Scandi Journeyman save. :thup:

Keep em coming though. This isn't just for me. This is to help anyone who is looking for unusual saves like this. 

On 15/06/2022 at 15:58, deez0r said:

Las Palmas (Spain)

Cagliari (Italy)

Maritimo (Portugal)

Ajaccio (France)

IFK Mariehamn (Finland)

OFI Crete (Greece) ?

On 15/06/2022 at 14:58, deez0r said:

Las Palmas (Spain)

Cagliari (Italy)

Maritimo (Portugal)

Ajaccio (France)

IFK Mariehamn (Finland)

45ef554eb76acbaa47c1a7c41269e205.png

I actually made a list of island clubs back in November 2020. :D