1995-1996 Database For Football Manager 2018

Football Manager 95/96 Database Info

FULL POST WITH PREIVEW - 95-96 Database for FM18

Playable Leagues: Italy Italy, England England, and Spain Spain.

When you start a new game with this custom database, choose the default database and load this file.

Bear in mind it could take some time for the database to load the first time you fire it up, anywhere from 30 minutes up to an hour depending on your machine, please be patient while it's loading and don't shut down your game.

In order to get database on your game you will have to subscribe it on Steam Workshop

OR SKIP THE LONG DOWNLOAD TIME AND DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE

After you download via Mediafire move the database file to:

C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\editor data (if there's no editor data folder at this path, create one)

FULL POST PREIVEW  - 95-96 Database for FM18

I applaud the idea but honestly, the execution is pretty ridiculous.

If you're going to edit in all of these players then why not at least attempt to make it realistic?

Let's take David Beckham. In the 95/96 season he was just coming off the back of a season where he had made a total of 10 appearance for Man Utd and 5 appearances on loan at Preston North End. At that point he was a youngster who was showing promise but was nowhere near the finished article and had a lot of development to go before he would become anything like the player he was at his peak. At that point he had shown himself to be decent at delivering a cross, had hit one or two dangerous looking free kicks, scored a couple of decent goals and showed a little bit of game intelligence, awareness and ability to pick a pass.

Now let's look at him in this database.

1315648633_preview_beckham.png

Crossing 19, free kicks 19, long shots 18, passing 19, leadership 15, vision 17. It's just ridiculous.

It's the same with Frank Lampard and Thierry Henry (the other two youngsters that you've shown screenshots of).

In this database they're both good enough to easily step into a lower premiership side. In reality Henry had made a total of 8 senior appearances prior to that season and Lampard had never set foot on the pitch for West Ham.

I understand why it's been done this way but surely it would be more fun to be able to take on these players as genuine young talents and develop them yourself rather than them appearing in the game as kids who are already damn near fully formed.

Havent found anything so I gotta ask. What happens to all the current club players ? Are they free to pick up as free agents ?

I've been watching some of Loki Doki's videos about it on YouTube. As @mack4ever says, the idea is good on paper, but poorly executed.

There are a few odd inclusions in terms of players aged 15 or younger. For instance, Liverpool's Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen look far too good for the schoolboys that they still were back in 1995. They also - bizarrely - have a 14-year-old Stephen Warnock, who in reality didn't make his professional debut for another 7 years.

Dennis Bergkamp was included twice in the Arsenal team which was off-putting as both would play every game. Also agree on players having stats that are too high but I love the concept, it just needs refined a little. 

On 4/2/2018 at 02:45, seanDCFC said:

Dennis Bergkamp was included twice in the Arsenal team which was off-putting as both would play every game. Also agree on players having stats that are too high but I love the concept, it just needs refined a little. 

You have probably loaded the wrong FM database along with this one. You need to change 17.3.0 to Default 17.0.1 and start again. Also, having real names fix applied fixes some of the other bugs -link FM18 Name Fix

8 hours ago, FootballManagerBlog said:

You have probably loaded the wrong FM database along with this one. You need to change 17.3.0 to Default 17.0.1 and start again. Also, having real names fix applied fixes some of the other bugs -link FM18 Name Fix

That could be it, pretty sure I did load with the most uo to date database. I'll start up a new one, thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Bit late coming into this thread - my apologies. 

I've just downloaded this and tried to load it up, and it says "save game load failed". Stupid question (maybe), but would it make any difference that I'm running FM 18 on a Mac? The file type is .fm and my MacBook recognises the file type without issue. I wouldn't have thought it'd mattered, but I may be wrong. 

Any ideas? 

• 11 months later...

Archived