Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D:D:D

Thank you SI and mods and to everybody who contributed to getting this forum, in which i believe will turn out to be a great place. I'm really looking forward to hearing about how other people are doing in their save and hopefully we can make this new forum just as good as the others on these boards.

Once again, thankyou to everybody involved :thup:

Woooo!

Brilliant Raware, i thank you!

Cant wait to get home and type up my entire career.

Brilliant news.

I'm just happy that SI and mods listened to our request for such a forum and i thank them. Thanks to everybody who contributed in making this possible and once again, proving that SI and the mods listen to their members :):thup:

As a suggestion, why not jot down the things that stand out in your current season in word or in notepad then use them as points of reference for when you write up your updates. That's what i do, thus ensuring i don't miss any important happenings in my season.

• SI Staff

Yeah I don't agree with the two season thing either. I play rather slowly and would prefer to post updates every now and again which would likely get my topic closed under the current rules.

Early days yet so any feedback / ideas you guys have are welcome.

Yeah I don't agree with the two season thing either. I play rather slowly and would prefer to post updates every now and again which would likely get my topic closed under the current rules.

Early days yet so any feedback / ideas you guys have are welcome.

In my original thread regarding this forum it was suggested that a minimal season rule was to implemented only then for people to come to the conclusion that no minimum season rule would be better, accepting the fact that if people posted once never to return, their thread would soon fall to the bottom of the page. (But i'm sure you know all of this, just stating it for people who don't). Personally i agree with the minimum season rule but that is just my opinion, like you say it's early days and it will be interesting to see how other people feel.

I see the good in having a minimum season rule of 2 as it will hopefully stop there being too many threads started that arent ever updated. I can also see why people would not want the rule as the threads would just drop down the forum and disappear. So to be honest it doesnt really bother me either way.

If this two season 'rule' is going to stay, then I think a good idea would be for a 'first 2 seasons thread' where people can write updates etc before they've completed 2 seasons and are 'allowed' to post a thread. This would good because if the person gets bored of it then they wont clutter up the boards with updates and never complete anymore (or if you enforce that rule they wouldn't complain they had nowhere to post their updates). Then there is the fact when they've completed 2 seasons and actually 'allowed' to post their save game, then they could copy and paste their updates from that thread so it's not just a mammoth 'reflection' on the 2 seasons, but actually gives you 2 fairly detailed end of season updates, which would imo give you a better idea/history of the 2 previous seasons than as previously stated a 'mammoth reflection' on the 2 seasons.

Fwiw, I quoted that from a post I made in the original thread in GQ.

I'll probably be contributing a career on FM08 that I have just started.

I'm playing with all leagues from England, Scotland, Wales and Italy.

Will wait for a few seasons before posting a thread. My updates will probably be quite concise. Brevity is the soul of wit etc.

Anyway, good to see that the careers forum is up and running. Going to bookmark some of these careers to read in my coffee breaks. :D

C.

If this two season 'rule' is going to stay, then I think a good idea would be for a 'first 2 seasons thread' where people can write updates etc before they've completed 2 seasons and are 'allowed' to post a thread. This would good because if the person gets bored of it then they wont clutter up the boards with updates and never complete anymore (or if you enforce that rule they wouldn't complain they had nowhere to post their updates). Then there is the fact when they've completed 2 seasons and actually 'allowed' to post their save game, then they could copy and paste their updates from that thread so it's not just a mammoth 'reflection' on the 2 seasons, but actually gives you 2 fairly detailed end of season updates, which would imo give you a better idea/history of the 2 previous seasons than as previously stated a 'mammoth reflection' on the 2 seasons.

I think that's a great idea :thup:

I'm not a massive fan of the two season rule but taking advice from other mods and what GQ users wanted, it was put in there. As said in the rules thread, there is room for change as this is a new forum.

Also, as Ter pointed out - any feedback is welcome and atm things are certainly up for discussion.

Is there going to be a distinction made between what should be in this forum and what should be in FMS? There are already threads popping up that wouldn't look out of place in the other forum.

I think that comes down to the posted. I don't spend much time in FMS but I see it as a place for the 'writers' amongst us who will actually put more care into telling a story rather than updating us about what is happening in their saves.

I too agree that this is a great idea and probably the best solution until we can gauge some kind of general consesus amongst the finalised rules.

Neji What about my situation? I already have a thread but I am willing to continue posting all of my games.

Until the rule is decided, we won't follow it too strictly so your thread will stay.

Superb Idea that. :thup:

Great idea. :)

Is this forum purely for FM career updates or would FML be accepted here too? Highly unlikely that it would be, but no harm in asking.

FML is for the FML forums imo.

Looking forward to your thread Rancer :D

NEJI / PUREFUN - I don't know who are the allocated mods for this forum, but I'm assuming its you two, as you're the ones who've posted in here thus far. Now, while most forums don't allow an Off Topic Thread, (CSE / GD for example) - I was wondering if we could just change the thread title here, and have it as a Career Discussion / Off Topic thread.

*By Career Discussion, I mean the ins and outs of the rules, potential forum ideas and the likes...

Archived