How to make interaction and man management more organic

beutros

How about an option where as a manager you can have 2 or 3 "team boards" simultaneously like Alex Ferguson was noted for doing.  So that the team XI could be known for the next 2 or 3 games.

Combine that with better man-management player interaction so that you can say:

"Son, I'm resting you this game but get yourself ready.  You're playing as [insert position] in the game after." or

"There's too much emotion in the next game. I'm leaving you out but I need you in the game after."

Or even being able to just say to a player in between games:

"I want to see you working hard in training this week because you're in my 11 for the next game." 

or

"Put an extra shine on those boots son, I'm giving you your debut next week."

Then propagate that into the "Promises" section.

That will lead to increased morale, maybe a temporary increase in stats (weighted by 'Ambition', 'Professionalism')

In a squad of internationals or good players or any type of player - it's important to feel like you're always part of the manager's plans.  It's too restrictive to only say.  "I'm thinking of resting you."

How good you are as a man manager will be linked to how often you do this kind of interaction with your players.  How "involved" they feel as part of your plans.  Even the more rotational players.  If you're too lazy to perform these extra interactive steps, the repercussions in the game could lead to your bit-players becoming very quickly disillusioned and wanting to move on.

Also repeatedly promising/telling a player he will play as striker only to play him in a big game as a winger should also have negative repercussions.

Like a player answering back with: "Boss I've been training the last few days as a winger and you threw me on as a striker.  How can you expect me to perform well?"

I feel this would make interactions a more organic experience.

It's well documented that Alex Ferguson was excellent at this type of interaction and the ability to make everyone feel involved.  Also one of the key reasons why Moyes struggled (if you read Rio Ferdinand's second book).

This would be a fantastic addition.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived